Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Attie Ross

enricoh wrote: »
    Where's the best place to get a good rate on sterling cash does anyone know.
    Need to get 4k sterling, the english stuff not the nordie stuff! - for a machine I'm buying.
    Thanks

If near Newry Buttercran shopping Center bureau de change beats them all.

http://https://www.bureaubuttercrane.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

Yard scraper is hopping as its scraping. Is it because rubber is worn or does toplink need adjusting? Doesn't happen when its flipped over reversing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭ruwithme

davidk1394 wrote: »
    Anyone on here operate a vector stake driver ? What's your opinion on them and are they pricey ?

Never operated the vector post driver myself, but worked the tractor for many many posts drove by another man on the ground.

Their a quailty machine. Have a Malone driver myself here and they will drive posts just the same,but the vector is just quality product. You'd know you had her hanging off the back of the tractor.

Vector had the side shift on her. If I'm not mistaken Malone don't do that?mine doesn’t anyway. Imagine their tasty price.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,059 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

ruwithme wrote: »
    Never operated the vector post driver myself, but worked the tractor for many many posts drove by another man on the ground.

Their a quailty machine. Have a Malone driver myself here and they will drive posts just the same,but the vector is just quality product. You'd know you had her hanging off the back of the tractor.

Vector had the side shift on her. If I'm not mistaken Malone don't do that?mine doesn’t anyway. Imagine their tasty price.

I bought the cheapest vector thirty years ago, never gave any trouble and has drove hundreds of post.
    You can get them up to any spec and price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭ruwithme

You spent your money cleverly and saved yourself the crowbar and sledge work

• Advertisement

ruwithme wrote: »
    You spent your money cleverly and saved yourself the crowbar and sledge work

You hear guys saying they'll buy one , do their fencing, and then sell it, but it's never sold

• Registered Users Posts: 11,080 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Interesting clip here of a homeowner in California with a little 4wd tractor that prepared his property before the wildfires.

https://youtu.be/mm1Rij7dvWI

• Registered Users Posts: 4,562 ✭✭✭White Clover

davidk1394 wrote: »
    Anyone on here operate a vector stake driver ? What's your opinion on them and are they pricey ?

I have a Vector model 3. A mighty machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

Interesting clip here of a homeowner in California with a little 4wd tractor that prepared his property before the wildfires.

https://youtu.be/mm1Rij7dvWI

What rabbit hole did you find yourself down? :D
    Different sort of terrain out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

timple23 wrote: »
    Yard scraper is hopping as its scraping. Is it because rubber is worn or does toplink need adjusting? Doesn't happen when its flipped over reversing.

Adjusting the toplink should sort it. You might have to play with it to see if it's too long or too short.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,080 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

What rabbit hole did you find yourself down? :D
    Different sort of terrain out there.

Just popped up my feed. :)

It's all retirees sort of place looking for detached homes in the hills for the peace and quiet.

Filmed well and fair promotion of a product. How anyone that lost their home and thinking of the next time. Would they have the cash to buy the machine is another matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭davidk1394

I have a Vector model 3. A mighty machine.

I was looking at one of those. Thinking of buying it or the M2+. I have 2 other post drivers I can sell which would take the sting out of buying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

Anyone know where I would get a radiator for a 753, 99 model?
    I've emailed the crowd in limerick who are on done deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Odelay

You’d be better off phoning them. Most traders ignore done deal emails as usually they are time wasters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭Suckler

Anyone know a bit about oil spec differences?

Changing the transmission/hydraulic oil on a Massey 135 and have universal oil that meets MF 1139 spec but reading the manual is specifies MF 1129 or MF 1129a spec. Anyone know the difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,075 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Has anyone got a price for a falcon 12' trailer with or without decks.
    Wondering how they price in comparison to an IW.

IW price list is £5460 (TA510 12x6 + decks) + £210 (sump tank) + £220 (fold down front flap).

Still faffing about on how to approach a larger trailer. Making one still not off the table - anyone done it from a lorry chassis?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

IW price list is £5460 (TA510 12x6 + decks) + £210 (sump tank) + £220 (fold down front flap).

Still faffing about on how to approach a larger trailer. Making one still not off the table - anyone done it from a lorry chassis?

The trouble with making one nowadays is the possibility of the RSG/Gardai clamping down on them.
    If for example , it was decreed that pulling a trailer without a manufacturers plate invalidated your car/jeep insurance, that would be the end of a lot of trailers use on the public road.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭3 the square

Any one here using a sonarol shear grab ??
    Any options good or bad

• Registered Users Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭enricoh

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    The trouble with making one nowadays is the possibility of the RSG/Gardai clamping down on them.
    If for example , it was decreed that pulling a trailer without a manufacturers plate invalidated your car/jeep insurance, that would be the end of a lot of trailers use on the public road.

Just don't spray it up too nice and say it's 10 year old if stopped!
    Iirc new trailers have to be plated nowadays.

You should be able to pick up a lorry chassis handy enough. A lot of trucks are cut at the back of the cab and the front is put into a container for africa, the rest you'd get chape enough I reckon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

There is a few ads on donedeal advertising plating of trailers. I wonder how they decide what its capable of carrying.

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/trailers-certified-amp-plated/14206718?campaign=14

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Any one here using a sonarol shear grab ??
    Any options good or bad

Grasstomilk has one but I'm not sure he's started using it yet.

Seen a good few on Twitter happy with them and they seem reasonably priced as well.

There would always be the option to get it certified though.
    The chassis welding would be done by a full up fabricator.
    Putting on the body and wiring can be done by ourselves - if we can gee up the enthusiasm...

enricoh wrote: »
    You should be able to pick up a lorry chassis handy enough. A lot of trucks are cut at the back of the cab and the front is put into a container for africa, the rest you'd get chape enough I reckon

Yes that's the plan. Although, I think that there is a possibility that the axle would need relocating to distribute the weight between axle and hitch better.
    I'm not even sure what the rules/ratios are for this. We'd be farming out the chassis work to a fabricator with a heavy welder so let them figure it out.

Yes that's the plan. Although, I think that there is a possibility that the axle would need relocating to distribute the weight between axle and hitch better.
    I'm not even sure what the rules/ratios are for this. We'd be farming out the chassis work to a fabricator with a heavy welder so let them figure it out.

A neighbour who has done two of them claimed it wasn't a good idea, he always said that a lorry chassis need a wheel on four corners like on the lorry not a drawbar in the middle

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Markcheese

There's a crowd in cork who remake you old radiator ,you give them your old one they replace the core ..

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

wrangler wrote: »
    A neighbour who has done two of them claimed it wasn't a good idea, he always said that a lorry chassis need a wheel on four corners like on the lorry not a drawbar in the middle

Yeah, it could be a bit wavy on springs, then you have to cut off the springs and fix the axle and plate the chassis - a lot of guntering and cursing required!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

Markcheese wrote: »
    There's a crowd in cork who remake you old radiator ,you give them your old one they replace the core ..

It was a machine I was looking at, took a chance on it....

The rad was bubbling
    but not leaking.
    Turned out there's a gear pulley running the rad fan, which was seized. A few knuckles later I had the pulley out. There's a gear to the fan. The pulley is rough but ok. The fan won't turn . So next it's out with the rad and the oil cooler and see what's up with the fan.

They would need the second axle then to give them some stability.
    We get all animals to outfarms in a 10' IW. Takes all day and tough on the old jeep. Can't justify a new one for a few days work per year.

I'll have to ask emaherx to measure the platform height of his trailer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Odelay

Trailers made out of lorry bodies were the rage 30+ years ago. There is a reason people use purpose made trailers now.

Advertisement