Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,879 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

blue5000 wrote: »
    I'm no expert but AFAIK the pto stops on these if the fanbelt breaks, check to see is the S belt loose.
    Check the fan belt is it loose?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,155 ✭✭✭✭Base price

kevthegaff wrote: »
    4000-7000?
    Damo810 wrote: »
    Realistically 3500-4K, I'd shove it up on DD for 5500 and chance your arm, but if the cabs that bad you'll have a lot of tyre kickers.
    We looked at second hand tractors in a few different places yesterday and today and reckon that we would have to spend €12 to €15k to replace it with something simular with a trade in offer of between €3k and €3.5k.
    It's mechanically sound, starts on the key, breaks/handbrake works and does everything that we need it to do so we've decided to put a cap on the roof to keep out the rain.
    Here is a pic of it yesterday morning after spreading slurry. I will post a pic of it after we put the capeen on it. BTW it doesn't go on the road.

527944.jpg
    Original pic didn't load -

Base price wrote: »
    We looked at second hand tractors in a few different places yesterday and today and reckon that we would have to spend €12 to €15k to replace it with something simular with a trade in offer of between €3k and €3.5k.
    It's mechanically sound, starts on the key, breaks/handbrake works and does everything that we need it to do so we've decided to put a cap on the roof to keep out the rain.
    Here is a pic of it yesterday morning after spreading slurry. I will post a pic of it after we put the capeen on it. BTW it doesn't go on the road.

Ya u just wont get the money for it even tho it's probably a better tractor than youl.get for 3 times the price, awful pity about the fiats rust problems

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

BP sorry at first glance I thought it was daylight where the number plate is:o. Have to head to specsavers soon. Mechanically it will stay going for longer than what you'll get today for €4-5k. Try keep it in a shed, Italians don't like rain.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

Have a similar issue here where the older tractor is doing most of the work.relying on an older tractor is risky so we have decided to sell the smaller newer tractor for something a bit bigger so that it would be able to back up the older bigger tractor.for what we d get for the older one she is just to valuable to us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭NcdJd

It's a pity there are so many time wasters on donedeal you could probably get a lot more for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭hopeso

blue5000 wrote: »
    BP sorry at first glance I thought it was daylight where the number plate is:o.

Me too.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Markcheese

How much would fixing the cab up cost ?

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

Markcheese wrote: »
    How much would fixing the cab up cost ?

Needs a new cab

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭emaherx

Needs a new cab

While true, a little bit of sheet metal a weld or 2 and some pop rivets can tidy up a cab a lot.

34480336035_4e446a5934_c.jpg2015-04-19 16.40.10 by Farmer Ed's Shed, on Flickr

34349946241_e8c5be70a1_c.jpg2015-04-19 16.39.37 by Farmer Ed's Shed, on Flickr

34480329465_674de58779_c.jpg2015-04-19 16.48.54 by Farmer Ed's Shed, on Flickr

34439650366_7d4d8bf3e7_c.jpg2015-05-23 15.03.21 by Farmer Ed's Shed, on Flickr

34320902182_0d4eb5340d_c.jpg2015-05-31 12.48.27 by Farmer Ed's Shed, on Flickr

35398445935_ce18646381_c.jpgIMAG0029 by Farmer Ed's Shed, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭Jb1989

emaherx wrote: »
    While true, a little bit of sheet metal a weld or 2 and some pop rivets can tidy up a cab a lot.

34480336035_4e446a5934_c.jpg2015-04-19 16.40.10 by Farmer Ed's Shed, on Flickr

34349946241_e8c5be70a1_c.jpg2015-04-19 16.39.37 by Farmer Ed's Shed, on Flickr

34480329465_674de58779_c.jpg2015-04-19 16.48.54 by Farmer Ed's Shed, on Flickr

34439650366_7d4d8bf3e7_c.jpg2015-05-23 15.03.21 by Farmer Ed's Shed, on Flickr

34320902182_0d4eb5340d_c.jpg2015-05-31 12.48.27 by Farmer Ed's Shed, on Flickr

35398445935_ce18646381_c.jpgIMAG0029 by Farmer Ed's Shed, on Flickr

How come you didn't go ungalvanised so you could paint red again?

Jb1989 wrote: »
    How come you didn't go ungalvanised so you could paint red again?

Only because that was the sheet metal that was to hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Only because that was the sheet metal that was to hand.

It fits quite nicely with the grey of the cab all the same too.

527944.jpg
    Original pic didn't load -

Betcha theres a lovely hum off that tractor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭9935452

For the money they are offering for a trade, it could be worth your while keeping it as a good backup.
    Get 5 or 10 years more work out of it and still be worth 3 or 3.5.
    As another poster says keep it in a shed to try and preserve it

Mainly the top of the cab is the problem from the pic, is it possible to replace this. I think that's why fiats are commanding such a price, rust has demolished most of them

Mainly the top of the cab is the problem from the pic, is it possible to replace this. I think that's why fiats are commanding such a price, rust has demolished most of them
    OH was talking to someone and apparently a Tumosan cab fits but the mountings have to be adapted to make it fit - €5500 plus vat for a new one.
    My brother is going to put a new cover on the roof and OH picked up two second hand front tyres for it yesterday.

9935452 wrote: »
    For the money they are offering for a trade, it could be worth your while keeping it as a good backup.
    Get 5 or 10 years more work out of it and still be worth 3 or 3.5.
    As another poster says keep it in a shed to try and preserve it
    TBH it's the main tractor, we have a renault 781 two wheel drive that is the back up and it runs the diet feeder and mower for topping.
    It deteriorated very quickly in the last two years.

We should have a thread just for rust buckets and scraper tractors.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭NcdJd

We should have a thread just for rust buckets and scraper tractors.

And rust bucket implements that still do the job. Go on you know you want to man :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,689 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Fine job .... in clay soil anyway;

https://twitter.com/i/status/1312052174462029826

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

hopeso wrote: »
    Me too.... :D

Theres a guy on one of the Facebook "Fiat 90 series" pages who rebuilds Fiat cabs.
    Removes it and disassembles it completely, welds in new metal etc and rebuilds.
    Asked him about rebuilding mine, and he refused....
    Said it was too far gone, and that it'd be near €10, 000 giving the amount of labour involved.
    Sounder cabs I think would still be costing 3-5,000 to rebuild.

Alternatively, there seems to be a trickle of complete s/h cabs coming in from Spain, virtually rust free.
    Some crowd called NUTS ( New Used Tractor Spares).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

OH was talking to someone and apparently a Tumosan cab fits but the mountings have to be adapted to make it fit - €5500 plus vat for a new one.
    My brother is going to put a new cover on the roof and OH picked up two second hand front tyres for it yesterday.

What kinda cover will he use ? Some fiber glass kit could be a good job

• Registered Users Posts: 4,836 ✭✭✭enricoh

Where's the best place to get a good rate on sterling cash does anyone know.
    Need to get 4k sterling, the english stuff not the nordie stuff! - for a machine I'm buying.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

enricoh wrote: »
    Where's the best place to get a good rate on sterling cash does anyone know.
    Need to get 4k sterling, the english stuff not the nordie stuff! - for a machine I'm buying.
    Thanks

Revolut gives a very good exchange rate, so if you're travelling over you could convert your money and withdraw maybe from an atm. (Not sure on withdrawal limit)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Its a wonder the unionists stand for the so called main land not accepting their nordie sterling.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

ruwithme wrote: »
    Its a wonder the unionists stand for the so called main land not accepting their nordie sterling.

Six hundred million reasons a month.
    Each one of them worth £1 sterling.
    That's why they keep quiet.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭ruwithme

They won't mind the border in the Irish Sea later then so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Anyone on here operate a vector stake driver ? What's your opinion on them and are they pricey ?

Advertisement