Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Ya bought sander in b and q Sunday, was a super deal on jcb impact drill plus normal drill and 2 2ah battery’s and charger for 60 euro( was nearly gona buy even tho not needed)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭hopeso

My new toy. Stihl MS 170. I was looking for a smaller saw for a while as my old MS 250 is over 18 years old now. I had it in with a dealer this year getting a new muffler and he said that the compression is perfect in it. Still, great to have a smaller one for around the farm. At €245 delivered from Robert Kee in Donegal, you can't complain. A bit pissed off to see the 'Made by Stihl in China' though. I've a feeling it won't last as long as the MS 250.
    12" bar and just 2 two-strokes oil and spanner with it.

Well wear.... I have a 039 here myself since 1998. It's a great saw, but I often felt like getting something lighter too. I have hardly enough work for one saw though......

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Hagimalone

My new toy. Stihl MS 170. I was looking for a smaller saw for a while as my old MS 250 is over 18 years old now. I had it in with a dealer this year getting a new muffler and he said that the compression is perfect in it. Still, great to have a smaller one for around the farm. At €245 delivered from Robert Kee in Donegal, you can't complain. A bit pissed off to see the 'Made by Stihl in China' though. I've a feeling it won't last as long as the MS 250. 12" bar and just 2 two-strokes oil and spanner with it.

I'm just curious, l thought you couldn't buy a stihl on-line, it was to cut out the sale of replicas. Could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,738 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Hagimalone wrote: »
    I'm just curious, l thought you couldn't buy a stihl on-line, it was to cut out the sale of replicas. Could be wrong.

Don't know about that but maybe all the MS xx1 models etc are not made in China.
    It's €275 now and I'm almost certain it was €235 2 days ago when I looked at it first. It was €245 when I ordered.

https://robertkee.ie/product/stihl-chainsaw-ms-170

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

The type of stuff that gets collected over the years at a huge farming buisness.
    https://machinerysales.cheffins.co.uk/m/view-auctions/catalog/id/755/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,399 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

The type of stuff that gets collected over the years at a huge farming buisness.
    https://machinerysales.cheffins.co.uk/m/view-auctions/catalog/id/755/

Just parts is it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

Reggie. wrote: »
    Just parts is it

Seems to be everything in it.
    few nice trailers in it too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

Just parts is it

I'd say the best stuff has been picked over already, easier way to do fleet renewal and clear the accumulated stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,738 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

1999 6210 John Deere with 2226 hours. Thats 2 hours a week over it's lifetime. It does look very clean, to be fair.

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/1999-john-deere-6210-se/20236680

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

1999 6210 John Deere with 2226 hours. Thats 2 hours a week over it's lifetime. It does look very clean, to be fair.

Looks a genuine 2226 hours,not 12,226, from what's on view. It has the **** of a right hand shuttle though.

In saying all that, you wouldn't find me paying 26 k for a 20year old 6210 no matter how much somebody says it's a future classic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Odelay

Looks a genuine 2226 hours,not 12,226, from what's on view. It has the **** of a right hand shuttle though.

In saying all that, you wouldn't find me paying 26 k for a 20year old 6210 no matter how much somebody says it's a future classic.

Looks reasonable value to me. Far better than paying 26k for a high hours 10 year old machine in my view. It’ll sell to the right lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭9935452

Odelay wrote: »
    Looks reasonable value to me. Far better than paying 26k for a high hours 10 year old machine in my view. It’ll sell to the right lad.

Id agree with you .
    And another thing to think about is what a new equilivent would cost now . 70k ? It makes it look good value to that

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭bamayang

IMO, one of the finest designs ever made.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Odelay wrote: »

It'd be a grand tractor apart from the right hand shuttle, it would be a fair dose using it along with a leader

• Registered Users Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Not having driven one whats the issue with the right hand shuttle? Also, whats the black thing beside the spool levers?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Not having driven one whats the issue with the right hand shuttle? Also, whats the black thing beside the spool levers?

Just a pain in the hole moving the hand from the loader controls to the shuttle lever. But ya'll get used to it and wouldn't slow ya down much after a short spell operating it.

If it's the little black blocks in the slots, they are just stoppers to prevent ya putting the lever up in float position if that's what ya fancy.

Happy christmas to me

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭valtra2

Happy christmas to me

Are they lights on it. He he

valtra2 wrote: »
    Are they lights on it. He he

Not even a seeder yet

Not even a seeder yet

Well wear.

• Advertisement

Not even a seeder yet

The auld army pension must be great or else I must get into this contracting crack.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,111 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Happy christmas to me

Finally got a Guttler, well wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭The Rabbi

valtra2 wrote: »
    The auld army pension must be great or else I must get into this contracting crack.

Speak up,he can't hear you.:D

The Rabbi wrote: »
    Speak up,he can't hear you.:D

That's the next thing

wrangler wrote: »
    Finally got a Guttler, well wear.

It's my second one

It's my second one

Have you a harrow for the front, my nephew had one of the first guttlers in the country and it was poor until he put the harrow on the front linkage, Adrian elliot designed the Harrow for the front (I think)

wrangler wrote: »
    Have you a harrow for the front, my nephew had one of the first guttlers in the country and it was poor until he put the harrow on the front linkage, Adrian elliot designed the Harrow for the front (I think)

Not yet but I'll source one

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Happy christmas to me

Is that going to replace one of the other units?

Is that going to replace one of the other units?

Yeah the tine harrow

• Advertisement

Yeah the tine harrow

I've wasted more grass seed on my tine harrow than would reseed a farm......what a waste.
    A neighbour used a Guttler in bad conditions this year and it looks great

Advertisement