Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,305 ✭✭✭positron

Turns out 0% APR finance offer is only on ID4 GTX model which is like 20k / 50% more than ID4 Pro Plus.

Just a clickbait marketing technique by VW.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭ColemanY2K

They're doing away with the GTX and bringing GTI into the EV fold.

🌞 7.79kWp PV System. Comprised of 4.92kWp Tilting Ground Mount + 2.87kWp @ 27°, azimuth 180°, West Waterford 🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭DrPsychia

yep. any ID4 apart from the gtx offers 4.9%HP and 6.9%pcp

• Registered Users Posts: 23,435 ✭✭✭✭ted1

but what’s the monthly cost difference between the 2? That what matters with PCP

I didn't compare - Pro Plus is 45k, GTX is 65k. I don't care how great the GTX trim is, 20k is almost another new car.

I was looking at HP options instead of PCP. I am a bit old fashioned like that.

PS: ID7 Pro Plus is 5k cheaper at 60k, also has 0% HP offer. I wonder when they will release ID7 tourer pricing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,429 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I don’t know where you’re getting this information but it’s wide off the mark. I collected a new Pro Plus 2 weeks ago. PCP is 2.9%. HP is 0%.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭DrPsychia

I got the info from the VW Ireland configurator so they've either changed their offering or giving a lower rate than advertised online

There’s something not right there imo. All the Plus models are definitely the lower rate

If you go to the apply for finance page, it makes more sense. The “Plus” models show up as 2.9 PCP / 0% HP on here:
    https://www.volkswagen.ie/app/finance/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,143 ✭✭✭pad199207

• Registered Users Posts: 8,546 ✭✭✭micks_address

yeah ive a pro plus coming in july at 2.9% apr on pcp… hows your pro plus going? Im curious to see/feel the differences from my gtx.. i don't think it will be much different to be honest.. just nice to have the extra power in the 2024 model on tap all the time… and the newer infotainment.. im getting 20's it versus 21s on the current.. so might be a little less firm.. im also hoping ill see a bit of a bump in range as the gtx could only ever do a stated wltp of 480 versus i think 520 on the non gtx? so probably be a bit noticeable. also curious if ill miss the all wheel drive of the gtx… on a side note its only really in the last few weeks i can see the 'summer' temps positively effecting my range/consumption..

• Advertisement

It's going great so far Mick. We're really happy with it. We've only put about 650kms on it so far, but we've a Galway-Dublin round trip this weekend so that'll be an interesting test and it'll likely be my first experience of using public chargers.

So far, I've just got into the habit of plugging it in at home nightly, topping it up to 80%. I have an "EV plan" with Energia which gives me the 4 hour 7.5cent per unit window, so it's costing relative buttons to keep charged up. Couple that then with my PV Solar panels and I'm actually in credit in the current billing cycle. Amazing really!

It's a really nice car to drive and the infotainment screen + software is an enormous step forwards from the old system. I have a MK8 GTI in the garage and I don't feel short-changed driving the ID4 power-wise and the infotainment is much better in the ID4…

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭id.4 fan

You more than likely need a new shifter.

I had that message flash on my car briefly but it didn’t stay on. It’s seems to be a common enough problem on the ID.4 once you get over or near to 100k and a new gear shifter seems to be the fix.

Saying that in my case it wasn’t and the drive motor had to be recalibrated via an OTA download/ install.

How is the car driving?

Post edited by id.4 fan on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭hooch-85

I'd echo Joe's sentiments here about our Pro Plus. We've just about 1500kms on ours now and did a round-trip from Tipp to Westport last weekend on one charge, our old 58kw Ioniq would be almost fully depleted on the trip up before so we used have to charge both on the way up and down before.

It's very comfortable, the tech is great and it's bloody quick enough when you want it to be.

Delighted we went for silver too, my head was wrecked with the black Ioniq, with the ID4 it still looks clean even when it is dirty. A pic of our two car garage.

Post edited by hooch-85 on

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭seandugg

Just bought 2nd hand a couple of weeks ago, seemed to be driving fine.

Error popped up 2 days in a row dealer wanted it towed back. Waiting on a diagnosis next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭Comer1

When the error poos up, do you lose the ability to change gear?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,066 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭Comer1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Would anyone know what the difference is between the 2023 pro and the 2024.

Is it just the motor output being increased?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

software.
    screen size.
    performance.
    efficiency.
    change in options package etc.

Battery preconditioning as well

It might as well be a whole new car

• Advertisement

Yes but it looks the same… are there external visual cues? As an aside got an email from Vw just now asking me to consent to ota software updates

Test drove the '24 Pro Plus - it's massive inside. I can see why these are selling like hot cakes.

Pro Plus (only minor jump up from Pure, and for that you get larger battery pack as well as 19" wheels, car looks best with 20/21 inch wheels, but upgrading is crazy money, not to mention the tyres). Pro plus doesn't have electrically adjustable seats / memory etc. That's a 2k pack (which you need if you have more than one person driving the car). Then you add the Panoramic roof, another 1k or so. Overall it ads up well over 50k, if you go with basic paint options.

The dealer experience was great, send us off with the car to go test and come back, and no major sales talk (unlike Renault, despite being their customer for four years) - but this experience could be different person to person I suppose.

It's a good car, but the thought of depreciation is worrying. Shortlisting it, for now.

No, externally it's exactly the same

I think they added a few colours, but other than that or the reg plate you can't really tell the difference from the outside

Inside there's the bigger screen and the drive selector is now on a stalk, those are pretty much the only way to tell

AFAIK the only external visual difference is the new '24 cars don't have the little "winglet" badges on the front wings.

We had our first long trip in ours over the weekend. Departed Galway with 100% charge, took the M4/M6 to Dublin (Malahide). Aircon on the whole way and let the cruise do its thing for the most part (i.e. 120kph most of the time). Arrived at destination with 45% remaining after 220kms. Car was averaging around 5.5kms per kW.

Return trip yesterday and I made the mistake of assuming that the Applegreen motorway service station at Enfield (west-bound) would have loads of chargers. They have ONE charger! An Applegreen branded one which is tap credit-card-to-pay, so no need for any App. Fortunately there was only one guy there ahead of me so I wasn't waiting long. Once I connected the car up (again a bit of a faff with a short and heavy cable), I got 35% into the car fairly quickly, I was pulling 130kw-ish. Cost me about €20 for that.

Later I realised I should have gone a little further and into the Kinnegad Plaza instead or further on again to the Athlone plaza. The Applegreen one is a joke with its one charger, I won't be going there again.

TBH I can understand the negativity around public charging now and once you do get a charging point it's not particularly intuitive is it? Even with the Applegreen one, the first time user experience isn't great.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Maybe some internals changed, like a boob job.

It’s not a whole new car.

i think the tesla super chargers are open at the johnstown estate hotel on the n4.. i havent used them but should be a good option.. you just need the tesla app..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

They have ONE charger! An Applegreen branded one which is tap credit-card-to-pay, so no need for any App.

Afaik, they all have tap to pay. But you save 5c/kWh by using the app instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

When you get the email to consent to the OTA update how long does it typically take for the new software to appear on the car to download and install? Is it hours, days, weeks, etc..?

Unknown territory they had paused OTA updates due to 3.1/3.2 being such a big update and bricking some cars, which led them to change to update only at the dealership.. I had 3.2 installed back in October at VW and nothing since..

• Advertisement

Meant to ask have you got any drive in the centre of the lane warnings from the car? I've heard that's fixed on the id7.. not a big deal just annoying.. it's a VW group issue as opposed to anything id related I've seen it on VW/Skoda ice cars as well

Advertisement