Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,036 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Says exactly the same in the list of standard equipment. Not going to post the list here as it's ridiculously long, but it's there alright. Checked twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭JoeA3

The VW configurator is always full of confusion and errors, regardless of model, so take anything in it with a pinch of salt. The product guide is far more reliable, it’s the first thing I refer to rather than the configurator. I think what’s happening here is that the description for the “comfort plus” package is listing things that are already standard in the regular comfort pack.

So the “comfort package” is standard on the Pro Plus. And that includes heated seats, 2-zone air con etc.

The “comfort plus” package is optional for €520 and gives you the 3rd zone air con and a luggage net. Definitely not worth it imo.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭hooch-85

I am expecting a Pro Plus imminently also and like Joe I left it without any extra options, I think its sufficiently well specced. We're coming from a base spec 221 Ioniq 5 which too was pretty well specced as standard. Again it'll predominantly be my wife's car, we work for the same company so can commute together most days so most of our mileage will be done in the ID4. Didn't think it was worth adding any extras above the standard spec, we went for silver mainly cos its an easy colour to maintain, after the black Ioniq 5 I said never again.

I've a 2015 Golf R myself which admittedly is getting a bit long in the tooth but I still really enjoy driving It after almost 5 years of ownership, I've done a few subtle modifications which make it a bit more fast road/track focused which makes it good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭jjmcclure

Just had the "Electric Drive not working correctly. Please visit workshop" message. Called the warranty number and the AA guy was here within an hour and a half. They won't work on the car, must be recovered to the dealer. Seems fairly efficient so far. AA guy has booked a hire care for us, just waiting for the call from the hire company.

Has anyone else had this? How long did it take to fix.

2021 ID.4 1st, 77kw, 3.2 software and has had the battery recall done (so I was told)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Comer1

Were you still able to change gears when the error came up? Did the D/B light go out?

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭jjmcclure

Car is still driving. Moved it forward and back on the driveway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Comer1

I've had that once or twice and like yourself, the car drove perfectly. It went away itself after leaving and locki the car, and that was that. My wife's ID.3 had the same error, and while it continued to drive in the forward gear, I couldn't change gears and the lights went out that indicated what gear I was in. That problem was the gear selector. If you could still change gears, it must be something different.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭obi604

Have my ID4 about a month now, few teething problems but seems ok now.

If I have to go on a long trip , I charge it to 100% and then would drive it within an hour or 2 (so not sitting long at 100% etc) . I presume no harm if battery goes as low as 10% or so on a long journey every so often

For day to day stuff though, I try not let it go below 20% or above 80%. Is this the best for the battery to keep it between 20 and 80 or does it make a difference in the real world?

Post edited by obi604 on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,536 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

You paid for 100% so use it. It'll be fine unless it's sitting for days/weeks at 1% or 100%.

• Advertisement

As far as I know, the low end is no problem, so you can go below 5% without any issues other than your own anxiety. Top end, just charge to 100% when going on a long journey, otherwise stay within manufacturer's recommended max.

true yeah, like with all the talk of batteries and keeping them within certain limits like between 20 and 80, only allows for 60% of the battery capacity which seems a bit silly, but I just want to try and keep the battery healthy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭micks_address

Did you get your scheduled charging issues sorted?

More a less yeah. I am just doing the charging via the Hypervolt EV charger, 2 schedules set. one from 00:00 to 00:09 to 'wake' the car, other from 00:10 to 09:00. First schedule charges at 3.6kw, then rest at 7.2kw. Silly, but it works.

Other option is to set the schedule in the car only and this indeed charges at 7.2kw from the very start. But it never recognizes the home location I have defined, so I have to remember to select 'charge at preferred times' on the car when I park it up and want to charge at home, as it always defaults to 'charge immediately'

In isolation it probably does sound a bit silly. But then think of how many times you'd run an ICE down to empty before filling up and then how many times you actually filled to the brim rather than just sticking 20 or 50 quid in it.

Or maybe I am totally missing the point here regarding the Volkswagen scheduled charging. i.e. every time I want to charge at home, do I have to go to the charging menu and select 'charge at preferred times' just before I exit the car or press 'P' for park?

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Mad_Lad

I just set the car to charge at preferred times and select how much in the charging menu, 80-100% mostly 80%, that's all you got to do you don't need to bother setting other timers.

Other thing is climate timers if you need them.

Then when you press park and it gives you the option to charge at preferred times and that's the one I select always.

Once your charge point is set without timers, to always on this will work fine to let the car do it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

over thinking it.
    drive it.
    charge it.
    drive it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,854 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Has anyone gotten a 3rd party towbar fitted? I'm looking at a couple of kits from rameder.eu

There's two kits that suit my needs, one fixed for around €330 and a detachable one for €570

I'm trying to figure out whether the detachable one is worth the expense

As far as I can tell the only advantage is that it looks neater and there's less chance of whacking your shins off the thing

On the flip side, having the towbar hanging out discourages tailgating

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

I just brought the car to a dedicated fitter. Didn't cost that much more than the prices you have there. Around 470 I think.

• Advertisement

Any chance you could PM me the company you used?

It's no secret. Malcolm's in Rathcoole. They're very organised. Gave me an appointment date and time, job done in about an hour or so.

Edit: Wasn't an ID4, was a 4WD, so no idea what an ID4 would cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Yeah sounds about right for VW service, honestly surprised they didn't electrocute themselves the last time mine was in for an update 🙄

Speaking of which, I'd better send mine in to have the Aircon checked. They told me it was fixed last time but I don't trust them at all

So apparently this is in praise of dedicated towbar fitters. Guy gets a towbar fitted, no problems for up to a year, gets a software update that somehow has seemingly unrelated problems with the towbar (somebody needs to explain this) and the towbar fitter fixes it because the dealer can't.

As far as I know the car needs to know to disable the parking sensors when there's a trailer attached

I guess the rear sensors can also see the towbar and don't know what to do with it when driving (normally your parking sensors shouldn't be working at 50km/h)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭adam88

don’t get me started on VW software issues. Had a DSG golf before my id4. Went in for a software update and a few days later dashboard was lit up like a Xmas tree. Car was driving fine. No issue. They diagnosed it needed a new gearbox for 5500 euros. Drove on for 2 years with the Xmas lighting. Got a local electrical software fella to fix it before I sold it on. VW don’t entertain the issue at all despite there literally being 2/3 hundred mentions of it on various threads.

Doing some testing here

When I went in to my app, the air conditioning tile was whited out

I then clicked it and selected a temp of 23 and clicked start and the air conditioning changed to below purple colour.

It started at 30 min countdown and below its at 14 min

I didn't see any visual indication from the car its working, I cant hear the fan working when I stood beside the car. I got in the car and it didn't feel any warmer than usual after 16 mins of the fan supposedly on

Am I doing something wrong?

Post edited by obi604 on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭hold my beer

I got an email a few weeks saying I had to do something on the in-car info system to get this functionality back, as my sub had run out. I'll try find it (I'm yet to do what they asked).

Edit: here it is

• Advertisement

thank you, im subscribed to weconnect and weconnect plus etc until sometime in 2026

you would imagine though I would get an error in the app when trying to do this stuff

maybe it is working, but just very silent or something and takes a good 30 mins to heat up

Advertisement