Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Yeah I would guess the best spot for a quiet camping experience would be that corner of This Must be the Place beside the family camping or campervans.

The main stretch of campsite between the entrance and the arena entry to the main stage will be jammers I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Both sides now would have been quiet in 2019 as the campsite was split and it was further away. Now it’s smack bang in the action beside the campsite amenities and arena entrance. Rule of thumb is usually the further away from the arena entrance the quieter it is….so towards the back of hard days night perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Peesh89

+1 on this with the back of hard days night. Do you not reckon that area down towards family camping in This Must Be The Place would be busy with an entrance/bridge in towards the arena? Know it's not into the main stage area but pathways towards the lake/bandstand going that way. I also reckon people would arrive in the entrance by the campervan area and plonk down.. Bit of an extra walk to get up to hard days night might be worth it.

Edit: hmmm just looking again, didnt realise there was only one entrance for general camping, the other one is just family/access/bus drop off. Now I'm torn..

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Van Doozy

There's a bit of a trade off - you'll have to walk for miles anytime you want anything if you deliberately site yourself at the very back of the campsite. And you might find youself in a sedate camping spot but still getting blasted by music from the main arena.

I think to a great extent, you need to just accept that festivals are noisy and bring earplugs!

Avoiding main thoroughfares and the trader strip would be a good start - a lot of traders play loud music all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭rubick

I don't foresee the carnage this year in the campsites that there was in 2019 - lot of folks just grabbed the very nearest spot they could after the horror car park queues which resulted in the tent spread being very heavy around the main entrance. Both Side Now didn't really start to fill up until very late in the afternoon and I don't remember it being full at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

They'll need a hell of a lot more toilets at the back of the main campsites.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,927 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Met Eireann has Friday decent for Friday and the possibility of a shower or two over Sat and Sun, so I think it'll be grand.

Is anyone else staying in the Yurt thingies? Is there a particular entrance for these? Haven't installed the app yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭selfbuildache

We had EP & Body&Soul off to a 'T' , over the years... always got a 'good' spot, once you get to know the areas! Am hoping to get others' knowledge this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Plush289

Has there been any mention of what entrances, car parks, etc are open on the Thursday yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

I was hoping some general camping would be allowed through the Family/Campervan entrance. I'll be coming from Cork so will be directed to Gate 4, which is the carpark right there. Assume I don't have to traipse all the way to the other entrance around gates 5/6!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Do we know where the Turbo Chiller lads are setting up? I wouldn't mind setting up camp within a two minute walk!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Van Doozy

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭GandhiwasfromBallyfermot

Looking at the map gate 4 seems to be the entrance you want to arrive at for general camping. The car parks immediately adjacent to the entrance seem to be the closest to the campsite? Seems unlikely they'll let you enter gate 6 by Portlaw and park in the car park by gate 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Peesh89

I'm coming from Wicklow heading south towards Waterford city, so I'll definitely by gate 6. Looking at the travel info you'd deffo be gate 4 but looks like that will lead to the car parks on the upper left beside the general campsite entrance rather than the family/access/bus drop off entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭RINO87

We're thinking my crude "x" might be the sweet spot. This must be the place will be wedged being colse to both the entrance and the arena (plus it's where the BSN portaloos were in 2019 and it was a quagmire come Sunday!) The "old" BSN area will have a lot of foot traffic going thru it to reach the traders lined up along the right there

I was looking back and this was Both sides now at 7.10 pm in 2019!! Not a chance of that happening again.

ATN 2022 has just sold out, lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭phizzledizzle

Glad to hear, thought they might be in trouble with the amount of people selling them online and returning 2020/2021 tickets late in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,882 ✭✭✭timmyntc

Whats capacity this year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

The traffic issues caused all sorts of problems in 2019, I was in my podpad by 2PM, at that time my mates were stuck in traffic a few miles down the road, it was after 7PM by time they arrived. I can remember the q's for tangerine fields that night at 8PM, it was absolute carnage. This year I hope a combination of Thursday opening, 9am Friday opening and new traffic plan ensures there is no repeat. Either way my aim is to leave Limerick by 12 and be down there before 2 again. Like last time.

Looks like the right call, you might have me as your tent neighbour. You're a trek away from the showers, toilets, and food is the only thing but I guess that's the trade off for some semblance of peace.

Ah it's not that far a walk at all in the grand scheme of things

100% this - it's probably a longer walk from gates to camping at EP and that isn't really a mental trek.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭beth-lou

Does anyone know if there are buses to the festival from Waterford on Saturday. Or even a taxi service that would bring me there. It's looking like I might have to go to a funeral on Saturday morning and will have to get train down after. Any tips greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Ah..twas grand at Wild Roots, just rock u[ with 3/4 cans, get them in the magic chill machine, have a nice chat and you were away. All in 5 minutes. Me thinks there will longer to wait this time so getting close is vital ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

I cannot remember from 2018 or 19 - was there or is there this year, more to the point, an off licence on-site?

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

I see a Londis in General camping, not sure if they sell booze

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭phizzledizzle

I don't think they have a licence, a friend bought a ton of Heineken there in 2019, got back to the tent and copped they were all 0.0.

• Advertisement

I doubt they would, not sure the drink partners would like an off license in addition to people bringing their own booze.

Advertisement