Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

If I have a campervan ticket and two family tickets I presume I am just in the campervan site? As in there isnt a separate "family campervan" site?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

You could get to the majority of DJ Koze's set after Underworld at least. The Saturday and Sunday night are jam packed with great electronic music both nights, lots of options but also lots of clashes.

There is very little on during the day on Sunday that I know of/plan on going to, if anyone has any recommendations send them in! Surprised that there is nothing on the live on the lawn stages during the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 fechalavash

Same deal with Christian Loffler, down for only 45 mins on Sunday.

Looking at what Underworld played a couple of weeks ago in Prague, you'd be better off at DJ Koze.

Not one track from dubnobass played. Instead they played these three awful tracks.

Scribble

STAR

Border Country

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Yeah, not a great set list by any stretch. They seem more concerned about milking money from merch and reissues these days. Would only miss 15mins or koze all the same though

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭WM18

You will be going in same entrance, left is general campervan "B" and right for family "C" ......... think im right.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭phizzledizzle

What are the chances of a sneaky Roisin Murphy cameo during Koze's set

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭deeks

Is the Map still not working for everyone on the iPhone app?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 CorkScot

Great festival checklist. Thanks!

Donning my professional hat, I'd throw some Motilium Fastmelts in there as an essential. Absolute lifesaver for anybody at risk of driving the "porcelain/portaloo bus" the morning after the night before. Superb for killing off the heavy nausea. Just answer the questions honestly in the pharmacy when purchasing 🤢 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Peesh89

Nope, same with Android. Saw somewhere over the last few days that it should be fixed/released today at some point.

Prob very slim but I like your positivity 😂 Looking forward to seeing who the special guest on Something Kind of Wonderful Sat afternoon is too.. I'd reckon someone of the same calibre as The Scratch possibly?! Ruling them out as they're at Indiependence.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭phizzledizzle

Not yet, but there is one that was posted here a while ago (and is on the facebook page) that seems to tie in with the screenshot from a few pages ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

I had to speed read 3 pages there, busy weekend with the Kerry relatives up for the match and me being a Galway man - it was an emotional weekend!

Attention now on next weekend. Great stuff here, special mention to @scruff monkey checklist and @Ibjiba post on all those negative mofo's bring trying their best to bring us down 😋 I'm actually going to copy and paste that onto some mates but I have to cut out the KKC comment as one of them will be upset to read that. I actually saw them at Wild Root on the main stage and they were excellent tbf, much smaller crowd/stage though.

Lots of clashes for me each day but it's not a bad problem to have. Loving New Jackson, only "discovered" him last week! Am I the only one that thinks that the app is actually pretty good?

I'll post a link here on Wednesday for anyone wanting to join the Whats App group btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭danois

I used to always plan for festivals and have a list of acts I wanted to see. Worked out the clashes and planned my route to miss the least amount of each act as possible. This plan very rarely worked. I’m blaming the alcohol for that!!. I’ve started to just wander until the music, lights , energy or vibe of a stage grab my attention. There’s so much to see at ATN there’s always something new it’s amazing

Can only afford one festival this year and was really torn between ATN and Creamfields (very different vibes I know).

ATN won out tho because what it lacks in big name acts it easily makes up for in atmosphere. Everything from the googly eyes in the trees to the random hidden gems in the woods. There is just so much to do and see.

The excitement I have building now is unreal. I can’t wait to be sat in a field Thursday evening surrounded by stunning scenery, amazing people, somewhat cold cans and a speaker. Just chilling and waiting for Friday like a child on Xmas eve.

roll on Thursday hopefully see some of you lovely lot there. Put some faces to names. Is there a WhatsApp this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,429 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I wonder what its like to attend a festival from the cradle to the grave. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭GandhiwasfromBallyfermot

Also looking forward to seeing some of you folks there and interested in joining the Whatsapp. Any other Waterford locals in this thread that are going? Although I am a Waterford blow in!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Himselfe

For those of you who are going on a family camping ticket (as am I with the wife and 2 kiddos), I noticed something with the directions given to access the festival that you might need to take account of. The planning application (available here) on page 107 shows entry via gate 4 for family ticket holders who want to get to the family carpark which is closest to the family campsite on the southern tip of the festival site, same place as last time. This is all well and good. In fact Gate 4 is a new gate that they got planning permission for only this year so they're obviously thinking about how to improve things and taking action, which is good to see.

However, none of the directions or instructions on the app or on the website mention anything about which gate family campers should use (unless I've missed it). The only instruction is that if you're travelling from the north or from Waterford you should use Gate 6, which only gives access to general parking in the blue carpark, a fair trek from family camping, the opposite end from family camping in fact.

So, unless you want to be traipsing the length of the festival with the kids and all the extra bits and bobs that go with them to set up camp, I'd be aiming to come in using the instructions issued to those who are travelling from the Cork side via Kilmacthomas via Gate 4.

Now it may well be that if you follow their instructions and get to gate 6 and tell someone there on the gate that you're family camping they might let you continue along the road and around the other side to Gate 4, but I highly doubt it since it goes against the traffic plan they have in place.

Anyway, just my two cents, would hate to see anyone with young kids landed on the other side of the festival from the family camping or carpark.

Also, on a side note, we're absolutely living for this! Had a ball in 2019. If it even comes close to how great 2019 was I'll be delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭antfin

They didn't make it at all obvious on the posting about the directions but Gate 4 is the family and campervan entrance. The website says that all family camping ticketholders will be directed to Gate 4 regardless of the direction of travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Himselfe

Ah, nice one. At least it's mentioned somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Mazzy Star

A lot of tickets seem to be onsale on Toutless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭Fanirish

a Hundred or so tickets floating about week of is probably to be expected. A lot of weddings, summer holidays plans etc getting in the way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

It's not obvious and left out of the app. But the facebook directions do say it family camping coming from Dublin east and north are not to follow general camping, they are to continue to kilmacthomas and join south west traffic to gate 4.

Family campers coming from west via clonmel will drive past gate 5 to gate 4.

Take a look at my post from a few pages back.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/119372086/#Comment_119372086

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭BrianosaurJr

The map is up on Android. 💪

Edit: While I'm here, can anybody remind me which sites are General camping. Hard Day's Night, This Must Be The Place obviously, but is Both Sides Now part of general too?

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Vaguely remember ATN saying there would be a bar in the Boutique camping site this year, don't see one on the map on app, but the entrance to Boutique is next to the Schweppes hospitality bar. I wonder if you get wrist band access to there, similar to EP a few years ago when you stayed with podpads before they moved over to pink moon site.

Main Map is iffy loading all the tiles. But if you go to stages and pick ones in different areas it all eventually appears on the main map

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Samhain

Just checking what the story is with the alcohol allowance. Do they search your bags on the way in or how does it work?

I haven't read up on it but for this year but normally you are to bring yer booze first time in through security when you get yer wrist band.

If you already have yer wrist band and bring in more booze theyll tell ya put in back in the car or bin it.

They can be loose they can be strict...pot luck.really

They won't count every single can or unit you have, once you clearly aren't doing the dog on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

My experience at this and body and soul is that they don't really enforce the 24 can limit. Although they were fairly strict about the not allowed bring alcohol in on re-entry at B&S.

Map looking good for me on android. Trying to choose where is best to aim to pitch our tents, surely more toilets than just the one in the campsites?!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 taramurf

No toilets or showers in the campervan area. No toilets in Family camping either. Presume that’s a map error too?!

Can anyone remember if general campervan people share a shower block with family camping?!

I would hope theres a few WCs missing, there is just one shown for all the camping area.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭selfbuildache

Newbie to ATN here - have enjoyed trawling through all the info - many thanks.

2 questions -

1. Looking at the map/screenshot posted above (also attached) there seems to be only one arena entrance - is that right?? Can't tell from the App map.

2...My usual 1st concern is with 'quieter' camping - do any of you have suggestions from being there before?

(Someone already mentioned the 'Both Sides Now' being a good area last time but I can't tell from the attached map if there's another arena entrance near there or not (and want to avoid, if so!)) All suggestions welcome - don't mind a bit of a walk in lieu of a few hours sleep!

Cheers. Enjoy. I'll be looking out for the WhatsApp group if it comes about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Phishwax

As somebody who also likes a good nights sleep. My plan is to camp as far away from the main entrance as possible. Looking at going near the fence with family camping. Should be quiet there.

Advertisement