Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭rubick

I don't think there were the first year, but definitely on Salty Dog from year two onwards. Usually Montauk Hotel and another band at least, with comedy in Hazel Wood as far as I can remember. And you could brings cans in.

Cian O'Ciobhlain b2b Sean Johnston!!! Great news for ALFOS/Andrew Weatherall fans. Friday night too, in The Circle. Absolutely incredible news for this punter. 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭gandalfio

What type of stuff do they play? And what does the 'b2b' mean?

Downtempo (120bpm max) acid house for the most part. Sean Johnston started doing ALFOS (A Love From Outer Space) Emergency Broadcasts during the first lockdown, but has carried on doing them from time to time. Usually 5 hours. His NYE one was 9 hours.

You'll find all of them on Mixcloud, uploaded by 'Del Scott'.

Here's one from January this year - tracklist usually in the comments.

EDIT - 'B2B' means 'back to back' - as in two DJs playing a few tracks then switching.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Phishwax

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Gunner5

Bus ticket sale at 4pm today. 4 buses per slot. I think the 11am might be the optimal bus to get. ATN also seem to be suggesting get there early

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Capacity is 22,000 in the planning anyway same as.

It should be fine, that campsite no where near full in 2019 and looks bigger again this year. It probably double the size of campsite by the main stage and that took the majority of people in 2019 (albeit it was a bit overfull)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Trenchtown was running for a few hours on Thursday a couple of the years but i can't remember if that was when early entry had become a thing or not.

120bpm max rules me out! Dunno about anyone else but i like a good solid hard dance for a few hours rather than gently swaying whilst stroking my beard. Richard Fearless is another that favours the slow beats and when i listen to him i think "that would be a great track if you just upped the tempo".

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

ALFOS nights are a thing of beauty. I'll dance to anything*, **** me I leaped about to 170bpm jungle for three hours at Glastonbury last Sunday morning, but downtempo house music sets with acidic edges are utterly world class.

*except Big Room '00s trance

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭WM18

If i am reading this right, gate 4 is now exit only ? was entrance last time for campervans and all entry is gate 3 ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭WM18

Scratch that i am reading it wrong, major changes alright, will head down thursady to avoid any carnage, new stage setting might be a bit uphill from memory.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Is anyone who purchased tickets when they originally went on sale back in 2019 still waiting for them to be delivered? I've been on to Ticketmaster and they're **** useless, just giving me a stock response that they'll be sent in due course, even though it's been over 1000 days since I purchased the **** things.

I don't even want to go anymore, I just want the tickets so I can sell them. Do I have any recourse to ask for a refund from TM since the gig has been rescheduled?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Yes, you can get them refunded by Ticketmaster. Only tickets bought specifically for 2022 can't be refunded.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 11,734 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Don't suppose there's any chance of day tickets going on sale a few weeks before if it doesn't seem out?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭Fanirish

It’s very close to sell out. Probably another two weeks before a decision about limited day tickets is made.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

There's tonnes of tickets on toutless. Honestly the only way I can see this selling out is on the week if the weathers looking good.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,734 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Is it? I know that's the usual line to get people to buy but only going on their word. I'd be a bit skeptical

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Coz

I've been trying to find the 2019 Planning to do an overlay but no joy so far. Don't suppose anyone else has it???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,855 ✭✭✭endainoz

Same, attendances are down for everything this year. Aside from EP and Fuinneamh, I don't know of any other festivals selling out this year. There's just too much on, and lots of other economic factors involved too of course. There could be plenty of cheap ATN tickets going for those willing to wait, plenty of body and soul tickets on toutless for well less than face value.

The 2019 official site map is online to compare Google it, the traffic "plan" from 2019 is in a previous post I put up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭GentleHumour

Thanks for that. I went to the ‘Help with this order’ option and the ‘Refund’ option. All processed in less than 30 mins and money to be refunded within 5/7 working days.

I bought tix for ATN and EP in 2019, but change in circumstances (financial, babysitters, time off work etc) since then means I can only do one. Have been to both festivals in last few years. Would love to do both again, but just can’t 😢

My decision process (for what it’s worth):

ATN pros: BH weekend, smaller scale, nice vibe (in 2018), free flow cans…

ATN cons: less than stellar line up (I’m not usually driven by headliners - but none of the ATN ones are for me), sub-headliners mainly Irish and I’ve seen them before & will see again, traffic issues from 2019 (still scarred), Arcadia downgrade, and what now looks to be just one massive campsite…

EP pros: BYEco camp site, more bands / music I like (including a couple of headliners 😮) with additional acts / announcement incoming, more areas to explore with more on, places I love (Salty Dog, Jerry Fish, Terminus)

EP cons: bigger crowd this year (not sure how that’ll go), lack of free flow beer…

Big fan of both festivals and never had a bad time at either, so not much between it. Real Sophie’s Choice type situation.

Enjoy ATN everyone. I’m going to have FOMO on a scale never seen before 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Coz

Yeah I found the Offical Site Map but was hoping to find the to scale one used for the Planning Ap. I'll work it out. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭RINO87

Looking at the planning map, and comparing it with Google maps I agree, the campsite this year looks much much bigger.

A was BSN Campsite in 2019, it was bordered by the line of trees there to the left, and didn't go any further than that, it didn't have that area above the "A" either, it started at the faint crossroads there top right of the "A"

B is all new space for this year

C was General camping 2018/19, which on google maps looks quite small, but there was LOADS of room there in 2018, what was capacity then? Campsite this year looks at least twice the size.

On the traffic plan, i'd still be a little nervous about filtering all the West/Midlands traffic thru Kilsheelan, the bridge there is even narrower than Carrick, you've got a T junction at the bridge as well.

Coming from the Midlands I think I'm gonna gamble and cross the Suir somewhere near Clonmel, and follow the river to Kilsheelan to join festival traffic.

Sorry, 4th of July, slow day in work!!

Edit. There is also that field to the north of B which wasn't a campsite last year. There and B will be the best bet for quietness and spare I reckon.

Difference is that bridge at Carrick is a nightmare at the best of times with big volumes traffic. Its still a draft TM plan but ya I tend to agree seems to be no harm crossing the suir in Clonmel instead.

All Dublin and East traffic through portlaw as the intention is a bit bothersome. Though they were avoiding the village in previous years.

TBH enough guards on the road this time should help things even more.

Post edited by lbj666 on

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

The camping area in 2018 was different to 2019. In 2018 part of that area C was car parking. I know, because I parked up about three rows in from the entrance, and camped about a minute away from the car, having queued for about five minutes to get my wristband. Handiest festival ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Phishwax

2018 was amazing. Hopefully this year can be something similiar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭RINO87

Actually ya, the 2018 campsite was just below the "C", and yep it was a piece of piss getting in. What was 2018 capacity again?

As I said earlier, we were very lucky to avoid the traffic in 2019, so found that year to be every bit as good as 2018, apart from the rain on the Sunday, but thats always a lottery anyway 😃

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

2018 was originally touted to be 10,000, but ended up being 15,000 I believe (can't remember if it sold out).

It was 22,500 in 2019....but it definitely didn't feel like there was only 7,500 more punters there!!

EDIT: Wrong thread ffs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,503 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Advertisement