Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf - Winter Is Here - Game of Thrones II Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

sKeith wrote: »
    we killed the NK and craster, halved the evils in the game and its a new low? you should be overjoyed. Why feeling down?

I am literally lying awake in bed - despite knowing I have to get up in the morning - because insread of turning over and going back to sleep when I woke up I decided to check in on this thread.

The new low has nothing to do with game status and everything to do with what I'm doing with my life status :o

stinkys emotional appeals worry me siginitively, but we now know for sure that her fixxxer hug was 100% genuine and not a evil ploy.

I actually always thought that was genuine. I do think there is a good chance it's just a life getting in the way thing for her but as it's WW you have to be suspicious too.

Right I'm going to put down the phone. I have a horrible feeling I've just been defending myself to people who are actually evil and trying to fit me up for a noose but if I'm going to have to defend myself all day tomorrow too I definitely need my rest.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Right I'm going to put down the phone. I have a horrible feeling I've just been defending myself to people who are actually evil and trying to fit me up for a noose but if I'm going to have to defend myself all day tomorrow too I definitely need my rest.

I'm not evil. I'm trying to make things fit.

Like I did with Micks even though I was persona non grata at one point yesterday post lynch.

But my head is actually ringing with pain at the moment so I'm gonna log off and try and force my way through this shift somehow.

Chat tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

trust circle

sKeith
    Necro
    Stu Redman

i think we've have done good work

Guffy - thread evidence says good.

Hello 2D Person Below - 1st convert potential. putting in more good than evil pile.

Ectoplasm - feel slightly better after tonights 1 on 1, but thread evidence verses sway... 2nd day convet possibility.

LadySkunk - tooo much emo, not enuff real content

BH - has had dodgy calls, but i always thing this.

Tusk - goes down the emo hole too. all over the place re bothered not bothered with the thread.

Lord TSC - easyily a zombie.

gun to head right now, pick two.

tusk n lord.

but tomorrows another day.

• Advertisement

Only person I've trusted at any point during this was Choc Chip which is quare considering I thought they were NK at first.

I think the two remaining converts are either;

Ecto and Lord
    or
    Keith and Necro

Lord was on my kill list yesterday.

Something very suss about Keith and Necro, they seem very cosy.

what day do you believe i was converted?

I don't know. You weren't on my radar until this evening. My instincts have been abysmal so...

Hopefully I'll have me laptop back running tomorrow and can have a gander back at things.

As things stand I'll be voting to lynch Lord.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

I don't know. You weren't on my radar until this evening. My instincts have been abysmal so...

Hopefully I'll have me laptop back running tomorrow and can have a gander back at things.

i might follow u on that. not a bad call imo

As I'm awake for some stupid reason I'm going to respond. Beaker convinced me. It was stupid but he did. And it wasn't a 180, we had an argument and then the reveals started coming and I bought it.

Drumpot WAS a panic. I got a message from mods reminding me that I had to pick or it would be randed and I just picked a name. I've already said it was crap play.

The only way I have been converted is if I don't know about it. I'd like to point out that while you guys were all ohhh phase 2 I was pointing out that converts were still alive.

I am not convert. I can spend the whole day saying it. I can't point to much in my defense but I did out myself as Dany with a prize in hand and I did ask for village input.

If I felt strongly about who WAS a convert I'd shout louder but I can paint a picture for nearly everyone as a convert. With all due respect wagonomics are not infallible. Lynch me tomorrow and you'll be lynching village.

So what was the time limit on your prize? I wonder how some players have won prizes which can be pocketed for a while, but you had to unleash a dragon in a short time.

I'm trying to fit someone up for a noose alright, but just asking questions to find out who right now. Thanks for the clarification on a few things above in the first quote.

That is true - You were the one who was reminding us of converts while I was there trying to forge new House Alliances in the aftermath of the NK's death. I forgot that. That could be village points for you, but then again the tactic of 'wolf playing good villager' has been used lots in the past. It turned me and the village inside-out in the last game I played.

This is sticking out to me...
    "Also I hate being awake and am likely to be sleep deprived and cranky tomorrow. This is a new low in WW. Wake up in the middle of the night and start posting."
    That was a little 'genie-like' tbh and seemed panciky. We discussed loads in here late tonight, not just you. Poor Guffy got a pretty good grilling, we talked through the possibility/unlikelihood of Necro being a convert, we looked back at Beakers posts, but it wasn't until we mentioned you that you chimed in with a bunch of posts. Now, it's probably just coincidence that that's when you woke and checked the thread, but can you see how that sudden appearance the moment we mentioned you looks suspicious? Just the optics of it and the fact that you've not done this before until now ("new low")

I think that a villager safe in the knowledge that they are a villager, who has an early start in the morning, wakes up tonight and doesn't even think to check the thread. Like, what's the worst that could be happening in there?

I think that a wolf who wakes tonight definitely checks the thread. Especially when they know that it was overnight discussions the night before that lit the fire which eventually burned the NK.

Look, there's a long time until lynch and at the moment I'm only considering you as one of my suspects for a convert. There's more to be found and feel free to join the hunt. If you get another dragon kill to use, make it count for the village.

Necro wrote:

Stu - votes tusk day 1 and Mick day 2. It's a decent look. Stu has also had battles with Lord on day 1 and has been on about beaker a good bit since last night. I'm kinda happy for him to stay in the village pool tbh. Only question mark is how the hell did Mick know who trit was.

That was some long post of productivity Necro, some good stuff in there I agree with. Just a thought on how Mick knew who Trit was...

Well, part of the 'No way, you're lying!' factor with Mick and his story was that he was a villager but had a night 0 peek as a power. He used this peek on Trit. We laughed Mick out of it because Bran/villager could not have a power.

But maybe in the laughter and all the merriment of catching out a lie, we overlooked some truth in it - The NK probably had a peek as a power and he did actually use it on Trit.

I really don't care if this is a suspicious point you have against me, I'm genuinely trying to solve that riddle rather than defend myself.

trust circle

sKeith
    Necro
    Stu Redman

i think we've have done good work

Guffy - thread evidence says good.

Hello 2D Person Below - 1st convert potential. putting in more good than evil pile.

Ectoplasm - feel slightly better after tonights 1 on 1, but thread evidence verses sway... 2nd day convet possibility.

LadySkunk - tooo much emo, not enuff real content

BH - has had dodgy calls, but i always thing this.

Tusk - goes down the emo hole too. all over the place re bothered not bothered with the thread.

Lord TSC - easyily a zombie.

tusk n lord.

but tomorrows another day.

Well, for starters, sKeith complimented me. Run for the fúcking hills and repent village!

But seriously, as Necro mentioned in his ISO, I had suspicions about Lordy early on. Since last night's lynch reveal, they've grown slightly. I'm sorry to do this, but with people having already talked about incidents in past games, how people behave in previous games compared to this one, talk about how the lads might not pick a newb for a convert...

eH1ynMy.png

On seeing that Mick and Beaker were revealed as the OG wolves, I could totally see them picking Lordy as a convert.

Not only is Lordy arguably the GOAT wolf around these parts who can pull defeat from the jaws of victory and would be an excellent recruit, he is on great terms with the OGs. It would already be good craic in that BR with Mick and Beaker in there, add Lordy and it's like the Dáil Bar on the night of the abortion debate.

Not smoking gun material and I'll have to go back and look at some more of Lordy's posts, but he's a good shout for a convert IMO.

• Advertisement

I'm heading off now for sleep. Day 3 was a good day overall for us village, we needed that. Let's not forget our fallen heroes who have given their lives to turn this battle in our favour.

24uIDv5.jpg?1

If you're a villager and suspect me for the convert, well remember that there are 2 and please also look for the other one.

If you're a wolf and want people to suspect me, go for it. After the 2 OGs have been taken out, I'm confident that the village is now in a position where we can take a couple of mislynches or kills while weeding the rest of the wolves out. If I'm one of those mislynches, so be it.

Forget houses, there will be none if we don't find the converts.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

MicksJaguar was killed by lynch he was the Night King
    BJ was killed by Arya Stark, he was Craster
    Tritium was Killed by Arya Stark he was Jaime Lannister
    QB died by Dragon attack while protecting Arya Stark she was Brienne of Tarth
    Fixxxer died by Dragon Attack he was Arya Stark

#poeticlicense
    I think based off this we can assume that Guffy is converted tbh.

If he wasn't then there's no reason for Jaime to protect Brienne.

I can see why Necro says this as tbh Jamie protecting Brienne doesn’t make sense unless Trit was lying about his character

That leads to Guffy saying Necro and Skunk and that Necro set him up as a wolf. I voted Guffy based off day 0 stuff twice already though so not wanting to tunnel too much will try to focus elsewhere too

Necro pushing the GnR voters again also which I suppose makes sense as last night gave us no information based off votes that we can work off.

——-

If Stu was a convert it would explain being able to guess Jamie’s character I suppose. I don’t really suspect Necro more than others so atm I’m looking at Skunk, Guffy or Stu (though I don’t think he always acted like a convert re his king) with a chance of 2D as lady Stoneheart still seems odd to me

Joe was a wolf and him doubting sKs claim makes sK look a bit better but it could be wolves playing smartly. I’m not looking for too much cred for being voted on by Joe, him saying I was most likely converted or ffaing him the next day for the same reason, this stuff gets staged. Though if you wanna give me a little cred that’s ok :pac:

Btw I reckon BJ was the first convert because when he voted for me he said he was voting for the convert not the NK. Why not look for the NK? Cos you’re the convert, that’s why.

—-

Why is it that Necro seems to be the one who caught Mick, seemed like he was the favorite for NK with most people but maybe I missed him starting the ball rolling (even if a conversion could have come later) more so than anyone else

Also Guffy talking about being the convert as a sarcastic defense of himself not being the convert (I guess that’s what he was up to) could be something a convert wouldn’t do or a double bluff so...? Confused , did others take it as a slip / admission? Odd

——

Don’t know if it’s cos she’s my queen but I didn’t want to suspect Ecto for killing drumpot but now that it is brought up again it isn’t a good look especially as one of the GnR voters. Not the only villager she killed too but if converted would she still have her normal prize kill or would it turn icy if you know what I mean. Her FFA doesn’t look great either. My gut has been pro Ecto all game, same for QB and sK but now I don’t know who to believe in.

Don’t like how many people say lynch me if you want and you will see I’m good, I’m good and I’ll say don’t lynch me cos im good simple as.

——

Ok above was me working through my catch up so now for some reads before I’m back to work

Most trusted: QB, sKeith

Sort of trust: Necro, Tush

Null: Stu

Slight worry: Lord (such a good player but very little stand out, seen it before with him but nothing to hang him over ) , 2D (might still just be him being lady stoneheart not sitting well with me)

Worried: Guffy (worried I’ve tunneled Guf since the day 0 NK post and now accusations against Guffy fit easier for me like when the GnR voters are mentioned), Ecto (I’m probably being influenced by others here but now that we are looking for converts not the NK/ RHM she makes a lot more sense than before) & Skunk (another GnR voter that Necro has been after all game, her interactions with others however -or lack of. In terms of being a little quiet - could make her a good convert option.)

Morning BH.

One more thought before I go folks, and just in case I'm killed before I return I better share it now, it's about the question mark over 2D's Catelyn Stark claim...

Well, we got confirmation from auto-priest that Craster was in the game. Craster, a character who was killed off in Season 3.

My big issue with '2d=Cat Stark' was the fact that Cat was killed off in Season 3, and no other characters who were killed off so early in the show appeared to be in the game.

Well now that Craster has been confirmed as in, I am very much more inclined to believe 2D's claim.

Morning BH.

One more thought before I go folks, and just in case I'm killed before I return I better share it now, it's about the question mark over 2D's Catelyn Stark claim...

Well, we got confirmation from auto-priest that Craster was in the game. Craster, a character who was killed off in Season 3.

My big issue with '2d=Cat Stark' was the fact that Cat was killed off in Season 3, and no other characters who were killed off so early in the show appeared to be in the game.

Well now that Craster has been confirmed as in, I am very much more inclined to believe 2D's claim.

Morning Stu

The difference for me is that Crastor here is a dead corpse and a baddie, that fits with him being dead a few seasons.

You could say Stoneheart is also dead so fits but she’s not a baddie or a character from the tv show whose final season this was supposed to be replacing.

That said because I don’t have too much else to suspect 2D over other than Cat not being a character I expected to be in the game (also said on thread at some point the same about Gendry iirc), there are a few people I’d put as more likely convert ahead of him/her.

Morning Stu

The difference for me is that Crastor here is a dead corpse and a baddie, that fits with him being dead a few seasons.

You could say Stoneheart is also dead so fits but she’s not a baddie or a character from the tv show whose final season this was supposed to be replacing.

That said because I don’t have too much else to suspect 2D over other than Cat not being a character I expected to be in the game (also said on thread at some point the same about Gendry iirc), there are a few people I’d put as more likely convert ahead of him/her.

That was the thing, was 2D claiming Cat or Lady Stoneheart? When I looked back over their ISO which QB compiled a few days ago, 2D was hinting at both Cat and Stoneheart. Since then, talk has moved to Cat.

Yes, Craster was 'dead' in this game and although technically we never saw him again in the show after he died, you can imagine that he was part of the army of the dead who marched on Winterfell. (But wait, did they burn Craster's corpse when he was killed?)

Anyway, there's danger of going down a GoT theory rabbithole with that, but my point is that Craster is someone we hadn't seen in the show since Season 3. If 2D is claiming Cat and not Stoneheart, well then I can totally see the mods including a good character who hadn't been seen since season 3 as well.

2D seems to be well versed in the books plus this is their first game of WW. They could be Cat, but roleplaying the Lady Stoneheart angle into that. I'm not saying it totally clears 2D for me, Cat Stark could be in the game but still a convert. It just makes me feel a lot easier about their claim and how Cat Stark could be in the game. I guess in turn, that lends to the credibility of what else 2D has said during the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Necro wrote: »
    . .

Tusk's voting has been atrocious, especially if 2D is a villager. If it's not Lord or Ecto then tusk is a convert. BUT - beaker pushing him today... I dunno guys. I'd have him lower in the list than Lord or Ecto or Skunk

This is the biggest load of crap!

I thought 2d was a baddy. I voted for him. Who cares if he's new. If I think he's bad I'm voting there.

Same with GnR. He came across super dodgy coming up to Lynch so I was happy voting there.

My votes are attrocious? Such absolute garbage from you!

GARBAGE!

• Advertisement

tusk n lord.

I can see it being Lord. But your wrong on me.

Also none of your posts in this conversation have really mentioned me so why am I top of your list all of a sudden ?

]

On seeing that Mick and Beaker were revealed as the OG wolves, I could totally see them picking Lordy as a convert.

Not only is Lordy arguably the GOAT wolf around these parts who can pull defeat from the jaws of victory and would be an excellent recruit, he is on great terms with the OGs. It would already be good craic in that BR with Mick and Beaker in there, add Lordy and it's like the Dáil Bar on the night of the abortion debate.

I've had dodgy vibes on Lord for a while. It could be meta though.

This post rings so true though that it can't be ignored. A clever NK tries to convert the best people to make his team survive. Best way of doing that is to choose the most successful wolfs.

I'm voting Lord as soon as the form opens and I will only be changing if there is severely damning information that comes to light about someone else.

So what was the time limit on your prize? I wonder how some players have won prizes which can be pocketed for a while, but you had to unleash a dragon in a short time.

That is true - You were the one who was reminding us of converts while I was there trying to forge new House Alliances in the aftermath of the NK's death. I forgot that. That could be village points for you, but then again the tactic of 'wolf playing good villager' has been used lots in the past. It turned me and the village inside-out in the last game I played.

This is sticking out to me...

That was a little 'genie-like' tbh and seemed panciky. We discussed loads in here late tonight, not just you. Poor Guffy got a pretty good grilling, we talked through the possibility/unlikelihood of Necro being a convert, we looked back at Beakers posts, but it wasn't until we mentioned you that you chimed in with a bunch of posts. Now, it's probably just coincidence that that's when you woke and checked the thread, but can you see how that sudden appearance the moment we mentioned you looks suspicious? Just the optics of it and the fact that you've not done this before until now ("new low")

I think that a villager safe in the knowledge that they are a villager, who has an early start in the morning, wakes up tonight and doesn't even think to check the thread. Like, what's the worst that could be happening in there?

I think that a wolf who wakes tonight definitely checks the thread. Especially when they know that it was overnight discussions the night before that lit the fire which eventually burned the NK.

Look, there's a long time until lynch and at the moment I'm only considering you as one of my suspects for a convert. There's more to be found and feel free to join the hunt. If you get another dragon kill to use, make it count for the village.

Ok. Time limit was by 9pm. Said it repeatedly on thread. H2D and Chocs was the same. Can only guess but it seems that kill powers had deadlines and protective powers didn't.

As for me responding to posts about me rather than posts about someone else well that's normal. What isn't normal is checking the thread but this is me when I play this game...I get too caught up.

As for feel free to join the hunt...of course I'm going to try and find the convert. Part of that though is pointing out that it's not me.

tusk wrote: »
    This is the biggest load of crap!

I thought 2d was a baddy. I voted for him. Who cares if he's new. If I think he's bad I'm voting there.

Same with GnR. He came across super dodgy coming up to Lynch so I was happy voting there.

My votes are attrocious? Such absolute garbage from you!

GARBAGE!

Ok that was a bit overboard. But it's still garbage. I have the same information as everyone else and I'm trying to put my votes on baddies. Calling my votes attrocious is bullsh1t!

Don’t know if it’s cos she’s my queen but I didn’t want to suspect Ecto for killing drumpot but now that it is brought up again it isn’t a good look especially as one of the GnR voters. Not the only villager she killed too but if converted would she still have her normal prize kill or would it turn icy if you know what I mean. Her FFA doesn’t look great either. My gut has been pro Ecto all game, same for QB and sK but now I don’t know who to believe in.

Don’t like how many people say lynch me if you want and you will see I’m good, I’m good and I’ll say don’t lynch me cos im good simple as.

——

Your gut is right. I'm fighting being lynched for that reason. If I thought my lynch would give any clear info to help the village, then I'd be less annoyed by all this but all that will happen is that I'll flip green and you guys will have lost an active village player.

Ok above was me working through my catch up so now for some reads before I’m back to work

Most trusted: QB, sKeith

Sort of trust: Necro, Tush

Null: Stu

QB is Dead man

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Morning all,

Can see the wagons circling so presume today is gonna be a day of hard work. That’s fine, I’ll rise to that challenge.

Two things that stand out while reading over the night.

Necro throwing shade at the back I’m suspicious of everything he’s done. Yeah, not denying that, he’d have been my number one choice for a conversion, the fact he was a high poster would have countered the fact Mick was barely playing and Beaker was super passive. The fact he had an extra life would have bought the baddies an extra life. The fact the guy who could have cleared or not Necro that morning too died is highly suspicious too. Yanked the wagonomics on a day three vote by powering Mick down hard. Reacted badly to losing the extra life despite it being agreed the night before it was something that needed to be dealt with.

We spent the first day discussing who we would convert, and y’all telling me that all the stars would have aligned to take Necro like that and they’d ignore such gifts? Damn right I’m suspicious Necro. It would be worrying far more if I wasn’t.

Other quick note is that if 2D ain’t Caitlyn....who is he? With Beaker and Mick being the original two, that would make 2D a convert, so why lie about his character? Stu, we don’t need to logic that one out.

Given I’m on the chopping block, I’ll obviously be working back over everyone, trying to do up a read list of some sorts, etc.

Do you mean that if I'm not Catelyn that would make me a convert?

Or I'm a convert regardless?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Morning, dealing with a monster headache here so I'm going to be brief and then go to bed. Hopefully I'll be about post munch, but I don't really mind if I'm not so I can not stare at the laptop for the day and make my head worse:(

I've given my comprehensive thoughts at this point so I dont really have much else to say at the moment anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Do you mean that if I'm not Catelyn that would make me a convert?

Or I'm a convert regardless?

If you aren’t Catelyn, you lied about your character, and I don’t see the reason a villager would lie about their character.

But I don’t think you’re lying about your character, by virtue of the fact I’d believe the only ones who would need to lie about their character are the two original zombies, who both died last night. (“Gendry” and “Bran”)

That’s not saying you aren’t a converted Catelyn. But I don’t get why there’d be any question marks over your character ID any more.

Advertisement