Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FPL Wildcard Thread 2019/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

stephenl15 wrote: »
    I prefer the Aguero option but would you not go for Mount over Lanzini?
    I'm still 50/50 on Aguero because I really wanna stick to my guns on TAA Robertson double up and like the look of Haller

Being honest I’m still undecided on Mount as Chelsea have loads of options in that position. However I do think they will score loads of goals.

Similarly West Ham will score a lot of goals too.

Locked in this morning Is

Adrian (Stek)

TAA Digne Zinchenko (Kelly , Lundstram)

Salah Sterling KdB Mount (Cantwell)

Haller Wesley Ayew

I have 1.4m ITB

I think I’m gonna settle on this as having Aguero just adds to much imbalance to my team.

The 1.4m will allow me to be flexible with Ayew, Wesley & Cantwell

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I'm done. A few risks, but that's what FPL is all about.

489541.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Pope Heaton
    Montoya TAA Digne Lundstram Kelly
    Salah Sterling KDB McGinn Cantwell
    Barnes Pukki Haller

Going 3-4-3. Happy with front 8. Toss up between McGinn and Cantwell for a starting spot most weeks. Not happy with defence. Have 0.3 in the bank. Montoya and Kelly are the biggest issues. Could go Mings for Montoya but don’t want double Villa defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

FHFC wrote: »
    I'm done. A few risks ...

Very nice team but I can't see the risks. It's probably the template WC team with Haller instead of Pukki?

Cracking team.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Bus Wanker

PARlance wrote: »
    Very nice team but I can't see the risks. It's probably the template WC team with Haller instead of Pukki?

Probably a risk long term with no one on the bench to rotate as in a few weeks when palace defenders are fully fit Lundstram is the only bench option. Still a great team and probably the only way of working in Aguero for De Bruyne.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Bus Wanker wrote: »
    Probably a risk long term with no one on the bench to rotate as in a few weeks when palace defenders are fully fit Lundstram is the only bench option. Still a great team and probably the only way of working in Aguero for De Bruyne.

Yeah this. Squeezing in Aguero with Sterling is a heart decision, and leaves team structure ropey and bench very dodgy.

Kelly could be done for soon, Greenwood a 1 point man at best, and even Lundstram carries risk. It's a very risky bench.

KDB is great value and had him from the start and was less risky. Also I don't know much about McGinn or Villa so was best I could fit at the price.

For now it's 352 or 442 with Kelly and Lundstram covering any bad Norwich or Villa fixtures. But its starting a 4.0 def and/or a 4.5 mid every week.

But hopefully it's a fun team. I'm a casual this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

489541.jpg

Similar team with the exception of

Aguero McGinn Cantwell

V

KdB Wesley Ayew

Good luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Looking at:
    Pope
    Lowton Digne Guilbert
    Salah KdB Pepe Mount
    Aguero Haller Abraham

Button Kelly Hayden Hanley

Might be better to downgrade 1 of Mount/Abraham and upgrade the defence?

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Moved Sterling out to get KDB in to free up funds for Aguero.

Pope Heaton

TAA Digne Ward Hanley Lundstram

KDB Salah Mount Cantwell James

Aguero Abraham Pukki

Are two mids and forwards from both Chelsea and Norwich overkill? Can't think of who else to get in for Mount in the 6.5 bracket...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

gandalfio wrote: »

Pope Heaton

Aguero Abraham Pukki

Are two mids and forwards from both Chelsea and Norwich overkill? Can't think of who else to get in for Mount in the 6.5 bracket...

If KdB blanked and Sterling scored yesterday would you still have done the move?

Sterling and Aguero if stay injury free will be probably be within top 5 scorers by end of season. KdB if injury free in the top 10 - are you ok missing out on Sterling goals?

Ace2007 wrote: »
    If KdB blanked and Sterling scored yesterday would you still have done the move?

Sterling and Aguero if stay injury free will be probably be within top 5 scorers by end of season. KdB if injury free in the top 10 - are you ok missing out on Sterling goals?

KDB has one point less than Sterling and costs 2.6m less than Sterling. That's my reasoning.

Ace2007 wrote: »

And yes I would have in order to get Aguero in and keep a city mid

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Morning all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭rgace

Pope + 4m GK

TAA, Zinchenko, Lindstrom, Guillbert, Kelly

Salah, Sterling, KDB, James, Hayden

Pukki, Haller, Abraham

0.5 itb

Happy enough with that I think, would like Aguero but can't put together a team with him without losing one of Saah/Sterling/KDB.

I could upgrade the sub keeper but Pope's fixtures are reasonable for the next few weeks so I will leave the 0.5 itb just in case!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

rgace wrote: »
    Pope + 4m GK

Pukki, Haller, Abraham

0.5 itb

Happy enough with that I think, would like Aguero but can't put together a team with him without losing one of Saah/Sterling/KDB.

I could upgrade the sub keeper but Pope's fixtures are reasonable for the next few weeks so I will leave the 0.5 itb just in case!

If your on Wild Card then you should be able to make it happen to get Aguero if you really want.

It's probably now or January if you wait to get him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Earleybird

KDB has one point less than Sterling and costs 2.6m less than Sterling. That's my reasoning.

That won't last. Plus KDB will never light it up, Sterling has potential for scoring 3 or 4 in a game and/or a bag of assists.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

rgace wrote: »
    Pope + 4m GK

Pukki, Haller, Abraham

0.5 itb

Pretty much my team on my first go. Have since swapped kdb to aguero and abraham to cantwell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Porthallian

KdB Mount Zinchenko

Or

Sterling Cantwell Lundstrom?

Really think Sterling hampers the rest of the team. Also have Aguero, Salah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I'd prefer the second option. Remains to be seen how zincenko will stay in the team when Mendy returns.

I think sterling has a much higher ceiling for points.

I'm currently last in the world though, so maybe get advice elsewhere :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭skippy15

Pope Heaton

Aguero Abraham Pukki

My WC team is practically the same except ward for zincenko, sterling is the only issue but agree the balance of the team is much better as we have it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Going to wildcard as I want to make a 4 or 5 changes so might aswell. I'm gambling on a price rise over international break so we'll see if it pays off.

Pope
    TAA Otamendi Pieters maitland Niles
    Sterling Salah De Bruyne Richarlison
    Haller Abraham

Button Greenwood Kelly Lansbury

If one of guendouzi or lundstrom can price rise I'll be able to to keep one so have better bench option

Double Burnley is a gamble but it might be well worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭crushproof

jamesbere wrote: »
    Double Burnley is a gamble but it might be well worth it

On paper Burnley have a good run coming up so I think you'll be alright. I've gone Barnes up front so they better do alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭skippy15

My WC team comes down to sterling or kdb and more balance, have fear about sterling I don't with kdb

• Registered Users Posts: 6,775 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

If one of guendouzi or lundstrom can price rise I'll be able to to keep one so have better bench option
    Not sure what you mean by this. Do you mean you need to sell one for 0.1 more to be able to afford the team you want? You will only get the 0.1 if the player rises by 0.2, this is not going to happen with Guendouzi and only applies to Lundstram if you bought him at 4.1.

And, assuming you don't have him already, why go for Pieters at 4.6 when you could have someone like Soyuncu at 4.5, good fixtures and likely to rise in price at least once? Burnley double defence is too risky, particularly on a WC when you can easily spread the risk.

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Not sure what you mean by this. Do you mean you need to sell one for 0.1 more to be able to afford the team you want? You will only get the 0.1 if the player rises by 0.2, this is not going to happen with Guendouzi and only applies to Lundstram if you bought him at 4.1.

And, assuming you don't have him already, why go for Pieters at 4.6 when you could have someone like Soyuncu at 4.5, good fixtures and likely to rise in price at least once? Burnley double defence is too risky, particularly on a WC when you can easily spread the risk.

Currently I have guendouzi and lundstrom (him from the start) I'm .1 short for Otamendi so need one of them to go up to do it, if not I'll have to go with Lansbury at 4.4 which is a weaker bench option.

3 out 4 of Leicesters fixtures are against top 6. So don't fancy that. Double Burnley is a gamble but I like there next 3 and the rest of the team I safe enough I can afford a gamble

Currently I have guendouzi and lundstrom (him from the start) I'm .1 short for Otamendi so need one of them to go up to do it, if not I'll have to go with Lansbury at 4.4 which is a weaker bench option.

3 out 4 of Leicesters fixtures are against top 6. So don't fancy that. Double Burnley is a gamble but I like there next 3 and the rest of the team I safe enough I can afford a gamble
    Guendouzi going up will be no good to you, same with Lundstram going up again. You would need two risers from either to benefit from them. I'm assuming you don't have Pieters already, which would mean you can save yourself 0.1 by going for a 4.5 defender instead. Soyuncu was just an example, but he is a good option longer term and, assuming he rises soon and doesn't fall soon after, you could make a profit on him in time.

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Guendouzi going up will be no good to you, same with Lundstram going up again. You would need two risers from either to benefit from them. I'm assuming you don't have Pieters already, which would mean you can save yourself 0.1 by going for a 4.5 defender instead. Soyuncu was just an example, but he is a good option longer term and, assuming he rises soon and doesn't fall soon after, you could make a profit on him in time.

Oh I have Pieters alright, I'll stick with the plan for now. Soyuncu is tempting but I'll hold tough and see. Thanks for advice

• Advertisement

Oh I have Pieters alright, I'll stick with the plan for now. Soyuncu is tempting but I'll hold tough and see. Thanks for advice
    Doesn't your plan require an extra 0.1 though? My point is if you are hoping for an extra 0.1 from Guendouzi or Lundstram there is very little chance of that happening. If you got Pieters at 4.5, you will likely be able to sell him for 4.6 before the deadline which is where the extra 0.1 comes from. Notwithstanding any of that, double Burnley defence is not a good strategy, particularly with a weak bench.

Advertisement