Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FPL Wildcard Thread 2019/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Similar to myself and similar enough predicament.
    Think Haller will score a good few.
    Think Aguero will eventually share more time with Jesus
    However think Aguero could get the hat trick this weekend though :)

Really tough call.
    Would you not go with 1 City defender for now?

On Aguero/Jesus - we said that last season as well about game time and he still got plenty of goals., As Always' its easier to fix a problem of getting rid of Aguero, then realising you need him, not having the funds and making 2/3 transfers to get him in etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Pope (Button)
    TAA, Dinge, Zinchenko (Lundstram, Soyuncu)
    Sterling, Salah, F Anderson, McGinn, Cantwell
    Aguero, Pukki (Greenwood)

West ham and in particular F Anderson caught my eye last week, going to take a punt on him. 2019 (calendar year) form is shocking but let's hope he's back to 2018 form.

Still debating if I should go Salah & Dinge to Mane and Roberston. Might leave it as is and make that move down the line.

Aguero into the team, owned by less than 20%, could be a massive differential but if KDB keeps firing then it will cancel that out if both perform.

Appreciate any feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

PARlance wrote: »
    Pope (Button)

West ham and in particular F Anderson caught my eye last week, going to take a punt on him. 2019 (calendar year) form is shocking but let's hope he's back to 2018 form.

Still debating if I should go Salah & Dinge to Mane and Roberston. Might leave it as is and make that move down the line.

Aguero into the team, owned by less than 20%, could be a massive differential but if KDB keeps firing then it will cancel that out if both perform.

Appreciate any feedback.

Not sure why you would have Soyuncu as you will never start him & Lundstram is decent enough cover with Kelly.

That would save you 0.5m allowing you to go

McGinn to Mount

Or

Pukki to Haller

I completely agree with F.Anderson but with cash tight & looking at minutes, Lanzini looks the like I’ll end up with. Have had F.Anderson all week though.

I’m similar enough to yourself and it’s fairly standard , just a couple of marginal calls to be made

Not sure why you would have Soyuncu as you will never start him & Lundstram is decent enough cover with Kelly.

That would save you 0.5m allowing you to go

McGinn to Mount

Or

Pukki to Haller

I completely agree with F.Anderson but with cash tight & looking at minutes, Lanzini looks the like I’ll end up with. Have had F.Anderson all week though.

I’m similar enough to yourself and it’s fairly standard , just a couple of marginal calls to be made

Thanks, see your point re Soyuncu but I'm not too hopeful about Kellys playing time. I might switch to someone like Lowton and could risk a Burnley double up at some stage over their upcoming fixtures.

I'm just not convinced by Mount tbh. His 2 goals were taken well but they were from big defensive errors. I've a bad feeling about being proven wrong, but I'm not buying the hype. Pedro was the one that caught my eye more, despite not scoring. I also like McGinn and his fixtures. Think he's a safe bet at that price.

Wouldn't mind a Pukki to Haller switch but not at the moment, I can never leave the party early. I've had a good start and would really feel the pain of Pukki points.

I've been chopping and changing between Lanzini and Anderson. Might switch back and save the cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Thanks, see your point re Soyuncu but I'm not too hopeful about Kellys playing time. I might switch to someone like Lowton and could risk a Burnley double up at some stage over their upcoming fixtures.

I'm just not convinced by Mount tbh. His 2 goals were taken well but they were from big defensive errors. I've a bad feeling about being proven wrong, but I'm not buying the hype. Pedro was the one that caught my eye more, despite not scoring. I also like McGinn and his fixtures. Think he's a safe bet at that price.

Wouldn't mind a Pukki to Haller switch but not at the moment, I can never leave the party early. I've had a good start and would really feel the pain of Pukki points.

I've been chopping and changing between Lanzini and Anderson. Might switch back and save the cash.

Same - I have Kelly as a 4.0 option but today, Hodgson confirmed that Tomkins and Sakho will both be back in action by the end of the international break. Dann has a cast on his hand but will be assessed. That sounds like a huge increase in competition for Kelly.

He's my last option anyway. I won't be dropping him out but I wouldn't be getting him in as a playable 4.0 option, I don't think.

• Advertisement

After much thought, I think I have settled on this WC team

Pope (Button)
    Ake, Söyüncü, Masuaku, Mings, Lundstram
    Sterling, Salah, KdB, James, Noble
    Aguero, Abraham, Greenwood

Thoughts - usually have 2 playing keepers, but hate seeing points on bench so going with one.

5 playing defenders, with relatively decent upcoming fixtures (bar Lundstram)

Midfield - Salah/Sterling/Kdb don't need any explanation.
    Noble at 5m and on penalties in an attack minded west ham team - thing he's worth a few weeks. James is a bit of a punt, but OGS likes him, he starts, plays, lively and has 2 goals so far, although is equally found of yellow cards.

Up front - Aguero seems to have gone under the radar compared to Sterling and KdB, despite having 4 goals in 3 games.

Abraham - has a good goal record, and is one who I think will get good game time in weeks to come - Chelsea have some good fixtures.

Greenwood - tbh he is more of an enabler - I could have got someone else, but with the 5 in midfield, he's always going to be a bench player - and will get some game time every week I feel from OGS.

Looking at Palaces fixtures there and have 3 home in next 4. Could PvA be a shout?

Playing Villa, Wolves & Norwich in those games?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Porthallian

FHFC wrote: »
    What would be people's views on Mane over Salah currently.

All the WC teams are being coloured by the fact that Salah happened to haul last week, but over past year or so Mane has kept pace with him.

Add in the fact that your Man City premium gives you a pretty good perma captain for the foreseeable, I don't see any weeks imminently where you'd be terrified by Salah (c).

At the moment I have Kane and Salah.
    Thinking I could have Aguero and Mane for the same money.... It's the high ownership of Salah that is slightly putting me off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Looking at Palaces fixtures there and have 3 home in next 4. Could PvA be a shout?

Playing Villa, Wolves & Norwich in those games?

Would be all over him at 5. Palace not tight enough at the back for 5.5.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

At the moment I have Kane and Salah.
    Thinking I could have Aguero and Mane for the same money.... It's the high ownership of Salah that is slightly putting me off

Yeah its a move that tends to feel wrong. But if you don't plan to captain Salah it could work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Bus Wanker

Think I’m happy with this. Not sure why the lack of Zaha love.

Pope(button)
    Trent - Masuaku - Digne (Dunk, Lundstram)
    KDB - Sterling - Mount - Zaha (cantwell)
    Haller - Aguero - Joelinton

0.2m in the bank

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

Is it crazy to be considering going without Pukki? Wanted to put him in but funds just won't quiet reach so going to go with Barnes over Pukki.

Slightly cheaper and has a marginally nicer run of fixtures (after tomorrow). And only has one goal less.

Bus Wanker wrote: »
    Think I’m happy with this. Not sure why the lack of Zaha love.

Pope(button)
    Trent - Masuaku - Digne (Dunk, Lundstram)
    KDB - Sterling - Mount - Zaha (cantwell)
    Haller - Aguero - Joelinton

0.2m in the bank

Wow!! What’s your Team Value

Edit: I thought you had Salah in place of KdB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

Thoughts of not having Sterling this weekend made me wildcard much earlier.
    Thoughts on this please
    Pope Button
    Digne TAA Emerson (Kelly & Lundstram)
    Sterling (c) Salah KDB Mount (Cantwell)
    Haller Pukki Ayew

Possibly could go 5 midfield yet
    I know nothing about Haller so it’s a shot in the dark against my first instinct which was to include Barnes.

Taxuser1 wrote: »
    Thoughts on this please
    Pope Button
    Haller Pukki Ayew

I know nothing about Haller so it’s a shot in the dark against my first instinct which was to include Barnes.

That’s a good team. I’ve been looking at Ayew as an enabler now that Palace have 3 nice home fixtures & he scored the last day. Like you said could rotate with Cantwell.

If Chelsea were half as good as years gone by at defending I’d be all over Emerson.

It’s a very very good team

At the minute I’m on

Adrian

Trent Digne Zinchenko (Lundstram Kelly)

Salah Sterling KdB Lanzini Mount

Haller Wesley (Greenwood)

——————

I’m set on going without Pukki*

Going Cantwell over Mount allows me to get Joelinton. Mount is a better option than Joelinton isn’t he?

If I go Aguero over KdB,

I go
    Aguero (Pukki) Cantwell Kelly
    Over

KdB Wesley Mount Zinchenko

Do I stick with Aguero?

Thoughts on this please
    Pope Button
    Haller Pukki Ayew

Just wondering why you’re going Emerson ahead of zinchenko? It’s something I’m debating myself but think zinchenko surely has a better chance of attacking and defensive returns for the same price?

Just wondering why you’re going Emerson ahead of zinchenko? It’s something I’m debating myself but think zinchenko surely has a better chance of attacking and defensive returns for the same price?

To be quite honest just went with a feeling he’s gonna click. I Liked his upcoming fixtures and from what I’ve seen of him I liked. Also thought about him as a differential where everyone else went the Man City defender. I had read his stats around the 18 yard box indicated he would click soon. Also, I just don’t know enough about Zinchenko so am open to convincing !

At the minute I’m on

Adrian

——————

Going Cantwell over Mount allows me to get Joelinton. Mount is a better option than Joelinton isn’t he?

If I go Aguero over KdB,

I go
    Over

Do I stick with Aguero?

I had KdB all along and brought in Kun only to wildcard anyway to get Sterling in ahead of Kun. I think I prefer KdB and Sterling combo and getting in someone like Haller whereas Aguero burns an awful lot of options at his price tag

At the minute I’m on

Adrian

——————

If I go Aguero over KdB,

I go
    Over

Do I stick with Aguero?

I like your team but think you’re very light up top as in you’ll have to make multiple transfers to upgrade in the coming weeks which means hits. And you only have two starters.

Who’s your sub keeper? You’ll need to change Adrian in a few weeks.

Midfield. I’d being in Cantwell for either Mount or Lanzini and use the extra money on the frontline.

For mount/ Lanzini to cantwell means you can bring Joelinton for greenwood.

This way you can rotate a 3 up top with three starters or 5 in the middle with cantwell. Lundstram can come in either. Could also get rid of kelly for a 4.0 fodder to save 0.1 as you have two subs as is.

Consider Salah to Mane as you could upgrade one of your strikers, KDB should be a mainstay i think as for the price he will he serious value.

• Advertisement

I like your team but think you’re very light up top as in you’ll have to make multiple transfers to upgrade in the coming weeks which means hits. And you only have two starters.

Who’s your sub keeper? You’ll need to change Adrian in a few weeks.

Midfield. I’d being in Cantwell for either Mount or Lanzini and use the extra money on the frontline.

For mount/ Lanzini to cantwell means you can bring Joelinton for greenwood.

This way you can rotate a 3 up top with three starters or 5 in the middle with cantwell. Lundstram can come in either. Could also get rid of kelly for a 4.0 fodder to save 0.1 as you have two subs as is.

Consider Salah to Mane as you could upgrade one of your strikers, KDB should be a mainstay i think as for the price he will he serious value.

Sub GK is a fodder. Adrian is in for the next 4/5 GW’s. Allison is out for a while.

Yes I tend to agree with you on the Cantwell option, it seems silly not going 3 strikers with him being a very good bench fodder to cover any attacking injury.

I think I’ll end up that way to be honest

I had KdB all along and brought in Kun only to wildcard anyway to get Sterling in ahead of Kun. I think I prefer KdB and Sterling combo and getting in someone like Haller whereas Aguero burns an awful lot of options at his price tag

The only thing with Aguero is that he has shown in the past he is capable of getting 4/5 goals in a game, or back to back hattricks, and given his price tag, he's very hard to get in, if he ticks and you decide to get him. He already has 4 goals this season, and is on penalties, obv no guarantee he'll score, but surely increase his appeal?

Ace2007 wrote: »
    The only thing with Aguero is that he has shown in the past he is capable of getting 4/5 goals in a game, or back to back hattricks, and given his price tag, he's very hard to get in, if he ticks and you decide to get him. He already has 4 goals this season, and is on penalties, obv no guarantee he'll score, but surely increase his appeal?

No doubt this is true. However is it that Sterling can now considered a consistent scoring footballer who if clicking week on week may serve to reduce Kun scoring chances in his usual 70 minute appearances? And KdB is just great value. So that’s city covered without needing to go heavy up top when there are plenty of cheap to mid range alternatives right now. Lots of goals out there across the league so far

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Thoughts on this team? Have unlimited free transfers.

Ederson

Digne Robertson WanBissaka

Salah De Bruyne Mount Cantwell

Pukki Aguero [C] Joelington

Subs: Button, Lundstram, Simpson, McGinn

• Registered Users Posts: 4,575 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Have settled on this WC squad,
    The lads brought in this week have trained well with the squad and have bedded in well:)

Pope Button
    Soyuncu Digne Matip Lundstram,Guilbert
    Salah Sterling KDB Mc Ginn Cantwell
    Ayew Auba Pukki

0.0 left itb
    Going with just the one playing keeper,
    If Pool can get their defensive act together Matip will bring CS points,Digne is a solid pick and both Soyuncu and Guilbert offer an assist threat,Lundstram bench fodder.
    Pretty strong midfield with good Capt choices.
    Auba and Pukki on form,Pukki can downgrade to likes of Barnes if needed.
    Ayew could be good differential as is coming into form.
    Cantwell and Ayew can rotate.
    Will mainly play 343 with Cantwell or Ayew first sub.
    Appreciate any thoughts before bedtime tonight:)
    Thanks.....and best of luck to the other Wildcarders this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

Kun & Cantwell or KDB & Pukki?

Think I’m leaning towards the first one although second one is probably safer. Really think Kun will have a huge haul at some stage soon

Pope (Button)

Appreciate any feedback.

Should have stepped away from the computer... maybe.

Adrian (Button)
    Dinge, Matip, Lowton (Lundstram, Rico)
    Sterling, KDB, Mane, F Anderson, Cantwell
    Aguero, Pukki (Rashford)

3 big hitters for City.
    Mane instead of Salah, had to compromise, don't think points diff will be much.
    Adrian and Matip to protect against Pool CSs. Adrian a transfer waiting to happen but Klopps press conference seemed to hit that Allison is a good while away yet.
    Happy to punt on Anderson, if it doesn't work then I can free up cash with a move to McGinn etc.
    Will play Lundstram this week but Lowton after that.

Should I have stepped away?

That was spot on advice from Chesty and I think you’re wrong about Mount.

He looks class and will be in most teams by Xmas.

The last time a player impressed me this much was a 16-17 year old Ross Barkley.

Currently have

Zinchenko - Mane - Haller

Could do.

Emerson - Zaha/F.Anderson - Aguero

Any opinions? I think zinchenko is good longish term but Aguero can get massive returns in the short and is a differential.

My current team is

Pope (Button)
    Zinchenko - TAA - Digne (Lundstram, Rico)
    KDB - Sterling - Mane - Mount (Cantwell)
    Haller - Joelinton - Abraham.

Feel it’s a safer option as I have a Liverpool midfielder but if I took Mane out and got Aguero I can always swap Aguero for a premium striker Kane/Aubameyang etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

At the minute I’m on

Adrian

——————

If I go Aguero over KdB,

I go
    Over

Do I stick with Aguero?

I prefer the Aguero option but would you not go for Mount over Lanzini?
    I'm still 50/50 on Aguero because I really wanna stick to my guns on TAA Robertson double up and like the look of Haller

Advertisement