Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greta and the aristocrat sail the high seas to save the planet.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

So?

Exactly an answer i’d predict from someone like you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,365 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Micky 32 wrote: »
    Exactly an answer i’d predict from someone like you.

So you have no point to make. Okey dokey.

So you have no point to make. Okey dokey.

Are you blind? I made a point or will i get a piece of chalk for you?

Are you blind? I made a point or will i get a piece of chalk for you?

You made a point you can't explain because you don't understand it. That's okay.

You made a point you can't explain because you don't understand it. That's okay.

No that’s your answer to dismiss what i posted.

• Advertisement

No that’s your answer to dismiss what i posted.

The Sun got warmer in the past 100 years. Wow! Just wow!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

And you understand the complexity of a global climate system and all influences on it over eons. No wonder you are a professor!

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    And you understand the complexity of a global climate system and all influences on it over eons. No wonder you are a professor!

Thank you. It's nice to be appreciated.

The Sun got warmer in the past 100 years. Wow! Just wow!

Sure i’ll spell it out for you. Hotter sun means warmer earth. Understand now?

I would have thought that you being concerened about climate change that it might just interest you and the fact it could have a bearing on our climate in the last 100 years?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

Aliens are about as believable as some of the arguments here countering climate change being offered here.

Which arguments would they be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Woodsie1 wrote: »
    Which arguments would they be?

Well, the guy who compared taking an ice cube from his freezer and watching it melt with the melting of an iceberg in New Zealand as an argument why global warming is not an issue for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Well, the guy who compared taking an ice cube from his freezer and watching it melt with the melting of an iceberg in New Zealand as an argument why global warming is not an issue for one.

Lol. Dont know about you but the couple of posters who mentioned ice cubes were taking the proverbial imo with just a tiny bit of tongue in cheek humor no?

Like this one?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111695363&postcount=6251

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,215 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I was in The Range store in the north the other day.

They have a Xmas section, and it was jammed full of manic shoppers. The section itself was stocked to bursting point with cheap plastic tat all shipped in from China I'd guess. It had everything you could ever want to decorate your house or garden with for the festive period.

And the shoppers were buying it hand over fist. And this was one store among tens of thousands of similar ones in Ireland and the UK. All with the same manic buying year after year.

As I was standing watching them all, I couldn't help but think how little the vast majority of people care for what the likes of Greta and her supporters are saying. Simply no interest. They ain't changing their ways for anyone. You'll never be able to stop the rampant wave of consumerism in the West, unless it is taxed in some draconian way.

NIMAN wrote: »

They have a Xmas section, and it was jammed full of manic shoppers. The section itself was stocked to bursting point with cheap plastic tat all shipped in from China I'd guess. It had everything you could ever want to decorate your house or garden with for the festive period.

And the shoppers were buying it hand over fist.

As I was standing watching them all, I couldn't help but think how little the vast majority of people care for what the likes of Greta and her supporters are saying. Simply no interest. They ain't changing their ways for anyone. You'll never be able to stop the rampant wave of consumerism in the West, unless it is taxed in some draconian way.

Draconian taxation of Christmas decorations. The new front in the war to save the planet.

NIMAN wrote: »

And the shoppers were buying it hand over fist.

So you’ve nothing else to do all day but watch people shop? Smells like begrudgery to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,928 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Draconian taxation of Christmas decorations. The new front in the war to save the planet.

Draconian measure may be required to tackle the plastic problem yes. Who needs all this tat anyway?

Draconian measure may be required to tackle the plastic problem yes. Who needs all this tat anyway?

Who gets to decide what people need or want? I presume people like you is the answer.

Who gets to decide what people need or want? I presume people like you is the answer.

Yes it's all up to me :rolleyes:
    Don't worry, all Governments want us to do is consume crap it's not going to change, that's what economies are built on, but if we were serious about treating the planet better we'd be encouraging other ways of life.

Yes it's all up to me :rolleyes:
    Don't worry, all Governments want us to do is consume crap it's not going to change, that's what economies are built on, but if we were serious about treating the planet better we'd be encouraging other ways of life.

That’s a relief.

Aren’t a lot of these plastics now recyclable?

• Advertisement

Who knows, the recycling thing seems to be a scam anyway. Has Ireland ever recycled any plastic? They just send it to Asia and god only knows what happens to it there. We need to stop producing this rubbish in the first place, recycling isn't the answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭jackboy

You would be surprised how little.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭KyussB

When I was in Thailand with my partner, one of the beaches we went to literally had (mostly plastic) trash washing up onto the beach constantly - and even had a dedicated team of people walking up and down the beach, picking up the washed up plastic/trash.

These are the countries we export to for recycling. There is very little genuine recycling.

recycling isn't the answer.

Spouting more bs there .

jackboy wrote: »
    You would be surprised how little.

Where did you get that comfirmed info?

Spouting more bs there .

So you think recycling is the answer or what?

So you think recycling is the answer or what?

Recycling makes a huge difference.

Recycling makes a huge difference.

It doesn't. Do some research.

It doesn't. Do some research.

Whatever you think. For a start you’d have less plastics washed up on beaches etc. Nothing is fool proof but it helps.

• Advertisement

I do love all these climate activists so worried about the planet but probably don’t spare a thought for the homeless guy down the road, or even their next door neighbour.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement