Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greta and the aristocrat sail the high seas to save the planet.

Options

Comments

the state of her

and the state of the listeners

and the state of anyone who thinks this is a good way to approach anything

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

You have to be kidding me?

Of all the hardships people have to go through in life, and you're worried about this extremely privileged girls, one of the most privileged of all people at her age on the planet.

Tell me you are making a joke.

I think it's more worried for her metal wellbeing, all that stealing childhood and doomsday rhetoric might be taking its toll on her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭lola85

statesaver wrote: »
    I think it's more worried for her metal wellbeing, all that stealing childhood and doomsday rhetoric might be taking its toll on her.

I heard someone on the radio saying their 8 year old case crying the other day that she was gonna be dead soon and all her family because of climate change.

Adults need to stop this scaring kids and let kids be kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,010 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I had to turn her off today at UN; utter fake ass cringe!

Like I said, earth is fine..people are fcuked!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

lola85 wrote: »
    I heard someone on the radio saying their 8 year old case crying the other day that she was gonna be dead soon and all her family because of climate change.

kids used to be scared sh!tless with tales of eternity burning in hell. the more things change, the more they stay the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

First item on six one news this evening.
    Little Greta looking on angrily at Trump.

I dunno. Sometimes I feel most news is scripted.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

“Youve stolen my dreams”

Whatever marxist think tank is funding her should sack that speech writer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Genuinely hard to know is she putting on an Oscar performance or taking things so seriously she is beginning to put herself under significant strain.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

lola85 wrote: »

I fully believe there are children who are traumatised from listening to Greta and their teachers as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭cutelad

Go back to school. The day you have to earn a living you will realize what is important. Newstalk this morning was all about this crap

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

First item on six one news this evening.
    Little Greta looking on angrily at Trump.

I dunno. Sometimes I feel most news is scripted.

I reckon it could be a future plotline for WWE Smack down, the two of them feuding and it ends up in the ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Is it possible Greta Thunberg is doing more harm than good to the climate change debate?

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭el_gaucho

Stole her childhood? I’d love to have been able to take a year off school when I was 16 and sail across the Atlantic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Veritas Libertas

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    Is it possible Greta Thunberg is doing more harm than good to the climate change debate?

Polarizing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,112 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Watching the news tonight I thought that too . I wanted to turn her off . Another clip showed children on a beach cleaning up the rubbish and collecting plastic . Now those kids are far more admirable for me and made me think about it far more than fake tears and dramatic words

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭tastyt

Ok iv had enough of her now.

Shes gone full on drama queen there, she probably has fantasies of this being an ' I have a dream ' iconic moment in history for her.

Time to take her out of the limelight before she starts turning people off the whole thing and doing more harm than good.

People will put up with most ****e but when you stop being genuine and start worrying more about image and some sort of legacy, your time is up.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Well the word ‘climate alarmist’ has entered the media lexicon because of her, she’s really turned a lot of fence sitters and moderates off, your either with all that crazy or part of the problem in their book now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

If Greta is so passionate about climate change, why does she always have notes to look down at, surely if she was that passionate there would be no need for notes it would come freely.
    The kid is only a puppet for a crowd that no one else would listen too, shame on her parents for letting this happen to their daughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

joe40 wrote: »
    What is a load of cockamaney horse****?If climate change is going to be a problem in the future then it should be addressed and solutions found. Those solutions will be varied and multi faceted. There is no single magic bullet. The 10 years thing is largely irrelevant,it is not the major issue.
    If one was genuinely concerned about climate change then Greta would not be a problem even if you disagreed with her rhetoric, the overall message would be sound.I have more time for the people who come right and say they don't believe the scientists, at least they are been honest.

Grata doomsday ravings as detailed by quote previously. Do keep up.

That type of exaggeration and scaremongering does the climate movement no favours. It simply allows others to point out the obvious inconsistencies in what the most vocal screamers are pushing. And that's why such rhetoric lacks any credability whatsover. No just me saying that either.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Mebuntu

Most likely but she is certainly doing harm to children with her nonsense and warped scaremongering. It is true that children are coming home from school in a state from what they are hearing.

I wonder who is paying for all this travelling around the world.

It's long overdue for her parents to take responsibility for their child and put her back in her school where she belongs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭cal naughton

Her rant has just been shown on the six one news for the second time!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

statesaver wrote: »

Oh I see, we're in agreement then.

This is all pure cheese. The environmental movement has lost its way for a long time. People should listen to... well... me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

gozunda wrote: »
    Grata doomsday ravings as detailed by quote previously. Do keep up.

That type of exaggeration and scaremongering does the climate movement no favours. It simply allows others to point out the obvious inconsistencies in what rye most vocal screamers are pushing. And that's why such rhetoric lacks any credability whatsover. No just me saying that either.

The IPCC reports and the opinions of the world's climate scientists are non ambiguous, climate change is a major problem facing the world. If people don't want to accept that fine, but using a 16 year old as your reason is cowardly.
    Climate change is either a problem or its not, individuals have to choose their position.
    Greta Thurberg is ultimately a sideshow and should not be a major influence either way.
    The consensus of scientific opinion should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Her rant has just been shown on the six one news for the second time!

This climate change is a great distraction for this useless government.
    Takes away the focus of the important issues facing the majority of people in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

mgn wrote: »
    Takes away the focus of the important issues facing the majority of people in this country.

Exactly suits their agenda, oh the kiddies are going to die lets tax ya to the bollo5ks.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

mgn wrote: »

1million people waiting to see a consultant and we're worried about it maybe getting a little warmer in Athlone in a few hundred years.
    The more this crap goes on the closer our Trump moment comes and I'll welcome it. It's time to drain the swamp.

joe40 wrote: »
    The IPCC reports and the opinions of the world's climate scientists are non ambiguous, climate change is a major problem facing the world. If people don't want to accept that fine, but using a 16 year old as your reason is cowardly.
    Climate change is either a problem or its not, individuals have to choose their position.
    Greta Thurberg is ultimately a sideshow and should not be a major influence either way.
    The consensus of scientific opinion should be.

joe

you are in the thread for pointing out that using a teenage girl as a sideshow is cowardly and how she should not be a major influence

youve just been arguing with it til this post

• Registered Users Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

the state of her

and the state of the listeners

and the state of anyone who thinks this is a good way to approach anything

Well, that type of reasonable argument has me convinced.

Thanks snoopsheep.

Well, that type of reasonable argument has me convinced.

Thanks snoopsheep.

told u how x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Mebuntu

The more I think about it, Governments and the likes of the UN should not be giving credence to the crazy rantings of a child by giving her access to address them. The hypocritical part is that they all know she's talking hysterical nonsense but all are terrified to say it in public.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement