Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,117 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Put the Eircode on the home landline number on your mobile phone.
    Also put the number of a contact person for you, under the heading ICE (In Case of Emergency).

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

488409.jpg
    There are a few of these around

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

There are a few of these around

That's the peacock butterfly alright! Always find one or two hibernating in a wardrobe here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,926 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Did you show the heifers? Was a good sized sale and trade was alright considering the current situation imo. I carried a few cows home for a man and only in the door now, some craic backing 200 hundred meters through a 10" gate off a narrow road in the dark. Thankfully the rain held off until I was turned for home.
    Yea sold 4, trade isn’t great
    Hope trade improves

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Good to see the EU supporting US beef farmers ...

https://mobile.twitter.com/govkristinoem/status/1157389603420233734

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,058 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Not farming related.
    Well it might be when he takes over the world.

But if you're not following Styropyro on YouTube, maybe just give him a look see.

https://youtu.be/Oij-BdIkPgQ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

We just like to lick people.

#metoo
    It's the consent thing that's the issue

Went to the cinema last night for the first time in yonks, date night it was, and saw a beautiful film "Blinded by the light" , things have been foobar in England for a long time.
    As a side note, it was a small town cinema, Saturday night, and only about 10 in our screen. It would be a shame if these places closed down, our local finished up about 20 years ago. Bloody Netflix etc.

Went to the cinema last night for the first time in yonks, date night it was, and saw a beautiful film "Blinded by the light" , things have been foobar in England for a long time.
    As a side note, it was a small town cinema, Saturday night, and only about 10 in our screen. It would be a shame if these places closed down, our local finished up about 20 years ago. Bloody Netflix etc.
    In other news "old man shouts at clouds"...

In other news "old man shouts at clouds"...

It's when they shout back you should be worried..:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

With the price they charge to see a film it’s no wounder there closing.
    With the films being online a few days later if not before and with s half decent internet connection and know how to get it on your own tv can you really blame people for not going

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

There's no comparison between going to the cinema and watching on your telly at home.
    Not that I'm into GAA, but like saying why would l go see a match when could watch on telly. Or listening to music on CD/record/streaming as opposed to going to a concert.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,964 ✭✭✭emaherx

Muckit wrote: »
    There's no comparison between going to the cinema and watching on your telly at home.
    Not that I'm into GAA, but like saying why would l go see a match when could watch on telly. Or listening to music on CD/record/streaming as opposed to going to a concert.

Especially not if it's the "camcorder versions" available for download while the film is still in the Cinema. I think the death of the local cinemas is more likely to be the larger Cinema chains with their bigger screens and better sound systems. Some of the largest grossing box office takings ever were this year.

Netflix doesn't compete with Cinema as it's content is too old, it's not even a competitor to movie rentals.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

I wonder whatever happened to the Leitrim mobile cinema. That was great. It used to park beside Heustons in Mohill & if a big lorry went by on the road you could feel the whole thing rocking :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,086 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Muckit wrote: »

When I'm at a game I'm normally waiting to see a replay of what has just happened. Was at a local championship game last night. As luck had it the commentator for local radio sat beside us in the stands as we had commentry for the whole game. Young lad said to me how much time left. Commentator said on radio 6 minutes left :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,117 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Haywire, is that your story, it was a lorry passing???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭Odelay

Marty is a pain to listen to on the commentary. He’ll be using his favorite phrases scintillating/ papalating shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭jimini0

Have a 12 year old angus cow here pure pet. Repeated for the 3rd time today. Will be sad to see her go

• Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭Grueller

Lads I have played in and watched enough matches with James Owens refereeing to be surprised that he has not taken the conditions into account.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Grueller wrote: »
    Lads I have played in and watched enough matches with James Owens refereeing to be surprised that he has not taken the conditions into account.

I’m stuck in a shopping center- oH 45mins inside H&M- no match for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Tipp always looked to have the edge, but it spoiled the game as a contest

jimini0 wrote: »
    Have a 12 year old angus cow here pure pet. Repeated for the 3rd time today. Will be sad to see her go

Has she been a I'd or bull?

Well done Tipperary.

Another good reason not to go vegan. :)

Milk crates are useful weapons against knife wielding terrorists!!

https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6072145532001

"Bring back the bottle".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭Odelay

Grueller wrote: »

Richie was full aware of the conditions too. No sympathy for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Odelay wrote: »
    Richie was full aware of the conditions too. No sympathy for him.

I think Richie was trying to get him back for earlier, if I have that right, when he hit him across the face.

'The Bishops blessed the Blueshirts in Galway, As they sailed beneath the Swastika to Spain'

whelan2 wrote: »
    Has she been a I'd or bull?

Ai. She never repeated before but age against her.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Snowfire

I think Richie was trying to get him back for earlier, if I have that right, when he hit him across the face.

Yeah think revenge was his priority at time. Still can’t help feeling so sorry for him tho. 3 seconds of madness, and a lifetime to regret it.

jimini0 wrote: »
    Ai. She never repeated before but age against her.

If she was served today , I would do her again tomorrow. Or if possible have her with a bull when she is due to come in heat in 3 weeks

• Advertisement

whelan2 wrote: »
    If she was served today , I would do her again tomorrow. Or if possible have her with a bull when she is due to come in heat in 3 weeks

Thanks for the advice but I have decided she is going. She has bad feet too and I hate to see her over winter walking on concrete.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement