Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Have the bonfire ready to go here during the week

• Registered Users Posts: 24,389 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Up in Dublin here today. Staying here for 2 nights. Running the marathon tomorrow. Just went for a small walk about. I hate the place. The amount of absolute wasters/druggies/knobheads is unbelievable

Try working in the kip

• Registered Users Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Reggie. wrote: »
    Try working in the kip

I do occasionally be unfortunate enough to be up here for work. Only for the day though. Drives me mad. The thing is, some of the city is lovely. I like the big modern office buildings, and how the trees grow along the roadsides in parts. It's the people that ruin it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

I worked in Dublin for years. Didn't particulary like the place but I always found a decency in the Dubs that is sadly missing in other cities. I live near enough to Limerick and there is a nastiness there at times, that would sicken you. I never experienced that in Dublin.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Ah God now.... Corbally people... salt of the earth!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

1373 wrote: »
    If you have a good vet then yes these things don’t happen, but if you have a lousy practice then no it’s not the exception

I would make it the exception by changing vets

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

It was a smasher of a day here. You would really like getting a bit of work done in it. If we could get a few weeks like this it would be mighty

Bullocks wrote: »
    It was a smasher of a day here. You would really like getting a bit of work done in it. If we could get a few weeks like this it would be mighty

Good drying in fairness. Very cold tho

• Registered Users Posts: 29,307 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

See the lorry driver in the case in Essex has been charged with manslaughter

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Good drying in fairness. Very cold tho

To get close to freezing tonight afaik

• Advertisement

gozunda wrote: »
    To get close to freezing tonight afaik

Giving around minus 1 or 2 here tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

whelan2 wrote: »

plus conspiracy to trafficking people and money laundering,

whelan2 wrote: »

Hope he's not being used as a scapegoat. Tis a terrible story

Giving around minus 1 or 2 here tonight

That's the Midlands for ya. Too far from the sea. God gave ye better land to make up for it :D

Muckit wrote: »
    That's the Midlands for ya. Too far from the sea. God gave ye better land to make up for it :D

Jealousy will get ya no where bucko

Muckit wrote: »

A Drover - By Padraic Colum

TO MEATH of the pastures,
    From wet hills by the sea,
    Through Leitrim and Longford
    Go my cattle and me.

https://www.bartleby.com/250/5.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭kk.man

Have a weaning here with a snotty nose.

I haven't had weanlings in years bought some 3 weeks ago. I have Alamycin LA 300 he is about 380kgs. I didn't do them for IBR yet. Question would the Alamycin be the job to give to him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Just after booking flights to London for a funeral, not exactly the getaway I was hoping for:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,237 ✭✭✭tanko

kk.man wrote: »

I haven't had weanlings in years bought some 3 weeks ago. I have Alamycin LA 300 he is about 380kgs. I didn't do them for IBR yet. Question would the Alamycin be the job to give to him?

Don't know anything about Alamycin, if he was mine i'd be giving him Hexasol provided he's eating and in good enough form.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Odelay

Just after booking flights to London for a funeral, not exactly the getaway I was hoping for:rolleyes:

I hear London is now nearly as expensive as Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Odelay wrote: »
    I hear London is now nearly as expensive as Dublin.

Lucky that we can fly over in the morning in time for the funeral and burial and have a bit of time afterwards to grab a bite to eat and catch up with the rest of the family. Some of the hotel prices were fairly steep alright.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

kk.man wrote: »

It will do. A snotty nose isn't too serious unless it moves deeper. I'd inject him for a few days myself but be keeping a close eye on him.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

Alamycin and Hexasol both contain the same amount of Oxytetracycline antibiotic.

but Hexasol has an anti-inflamatory Flunixin in it.

Has he got a temperature.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Still going- the footgolf was great crack.

Definitely beyond me otherwise. Joys of being 36.

Ran out the door from my lads but missing them like hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Still going- the footgolf was great crack.

Definitely beyond me otherwise. Joys of being 36.

Ran out the door from my lads but missing them like hell.
    Enjoy Murtagh’s
    Breakfast in the Poitin Stil

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

Up in Dublin here today. Staying here for 2 nights. Running the marathon tomorrow. Just went for a small walk about. I hate the place. The amount of absolute wasters/druggies/knobheads is unbelievable
    Best of luck! Enjoy the celebrations afterwards (if you’re able! ) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

Lucky that we can fly over in the morning in time for the funeral and burial and have a bit of time afterwards to grab a bite to eat and catch up with the rest of the family. Some of the hotel prices were fairly steep alright.
    https://www.thebookingbutton.co.uk/properties/paxlodgedirect
    More so for the ladies unless get a full multi person room in one booking, but good for price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭farawaygrass

What’s the story with brexit now? Is there an extension granted until January? Was in the mart yesterday with a few bull weanlings. The good ones are still commanding a good price. An awful lot of weanlings, especially heifers sold for sub 500 euros. They were young and light but not bad quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Parishlad wrote: »
    Best of luck! Enjoy the celebrations afterwards (if you’re able! ) :D

Good luck Roosterman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,283 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Tune in to Trecker Babes to watch six German women do tractor karaoke.

https://www.topagrar.com/panorama/news/neue-staffel-trecker-babes-startet-heute-11858313.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement