Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭marathon

straight wrote: »

Cheers that makes my mind up 100%ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

marathon wrote: »
    Anyone ever invest in trees with the company below??

There was a fund similar to that one that was sold last year. Check out the forestry forum, I think the thread is called 'the third forestry fund'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

naughto wrote: »
    Wheres the best place to get ibc tanks

Make sure and get food grade if used for storing water fof cattle.

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 7,331 ✭✭✭naughto

If I can get my hands on two it I'll be for oil

If I can get my hands on two it I'll be for oil

Label it as teat spray and hope any would be thieves would assume thats what it is.

Better living everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,331 ✭✭✭naughto

Label it as teat spray and hope any would be thieves would assume thats what it is.

A shotgun I find works wonders

A shotgun I find works wonders

Were relying on our wits to save us down these parts still.

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 29,244 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Thegardenshop.ie should have them.

https://www.thegardenshop.ie/scallion-seeds/
    Out of stock

• Registered Users Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭emaherx

_Brian wrote: »
    I must look at those, we did a power and electricity project here last week and I made the kit out of stuff I had hoarded in the shed.

7-E68-F109-D37-B-4457-A096-BC894-BB1-B68-A.jpg

Generating electricity from an old motor to light a bulb.

kids had great craic making this yesterday, Arts and crafts and tech in the one lesson. (Even more craic trying to play Mario Bros. with it after)

49813142582_04f27fd111_z.jpgIMG_20200423_152904 by Emaherx, on Flickr

49812296568_0d8dc828e6_z.jpgIMG_20200423_144707 by Emaherx, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭jimmy G M

emaherx wrote: »
    kids had great craic making this yesterday, Arts and crafts and tech in the one lesson. (Even more craic trying to play Mario Bros. with it after)

The poor dog in the background is very dejected looking.

• Advertisement

jimmy G M wrote: »

The poor dog in the background is very dejected looking.

:D
    Thats why I love this forum..... lads always look at the background :pac:
    she gets like that when they are all inside.

whelan2 wrote: »
    Out of stock

Seems to be common to a lot of places now. People who never grow anything are givining it ago and the likes of scallions are probably popular for small plots.

Noticed the same with baking stuff too. flour and yeast are in short supply in some shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,520 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Clear herd test thank god. Vet was an hour late but when it’s clear I don’t mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭TheFarrier

Clear herd test thank god. Vet was an hour late but when it’s clear I don’t mind.

Same here thank god. Now if the bullocks hadn’t got into the grass seeds straight after it would have been a great morning altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

TheFarrier wrote: »
    Same here thank god. Now if the bullocks hadn’t got into the grass seeds straight after it would have been a great morning altogether

Great. Nice to have the relief.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Just reading about this on the Irish Times, who in their right mind would allow a 14 year old to drive a big powerful tractor or any other piece of machinery for that matter. There needs to be a big crack down on this by the HSA/Gardai, maybe doing spot checks on farms etc. I have two nephews aged 13 and 15 who live on my brother's farm, no way in the world would they be allowed to even sit in the cab of the tractor while it's being driven by my brother never mind being allowed to drive it themselves. Lunancy of the highest order.

We have cuckoo back again, they came back here last year after being absent for maybe 20 years.

We have cuckoo back again, they came back here last year after being absent for maybe 20 years.

Heard one here in our garden this morning, first time in many years also, great to hear.

Was in garden centre earlier getting bedding plants for the mother.

Guards came in and checked on their social distancing work. They are running a tight ship but are only open because they sell fuel and dog food.
    The guard said “but everybody here is buying flowers”, the owner said, go down to Tesco and they are allowed sell flowers and compost.

Guard agreed and headed off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Guards came in and checked on their social distancing work. They are running a tight ship but are only open because they sell fuel and dog food.
    The guard said “but everybody here is buying flowers”, the owner said, go down to Tesco and they are allowed sell flowers and compost.

Some Yoke probably reported that shop
    Meanwhile, heard of the first death of someone I knew of coronovirus today
    Used do some work here years ago
    Mid 40's

• Advertisement

I was in a hardware type outlet this morning getting a few bits for the garden, was going loading a couple of bags of compost into the boot and the guy I was dealing with says "sit into the car and I'll through in the compost" he said the Gardai are watching them like hawks and don't want customers around the yard etc. They've a great system going where you just que at the door, tell them what you want, pay with card and they'll bring the stuff out to the car for you. Just a matter of knowing exactly what you want when you get to top of the que :D

GoneHome wrote: »
    I was in a hardware type outlet this morning getting a few bits for the garden, was going loading a couple of bags of compost into the boot and the guy I was dealing with says "sit into the car and I'll through in the compost" he said the Gardai are watching them like hawks and don't want customers around the yard etc. They've a great system going where you just que at the door, tell them what you want, pay with card and they'll bring the stuff out to the car for you. Just a matter of knowing exactly what you want when you get to top of the que :D

Yes I bring a list. Just hand it to them and they load the car

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Some Yoke probably reported that shop
    Meanwhile, heard of the first death of someone I knew of coronovirus today
    Used do some work here years ago
    Mid 40's

Girl who used to babysit for us has it. She has 5 kids. She works in a care home. Her parents would both have very bad health.

emaherx wrote: »
    Seems to be common to a lot of places now. People who never grow anything are givining it ago and the likes of scallions are probably popular for small plots.

Noticed the same with baking stuff too. flour and yeast are in short supply in some shops.

I wonder will the likes of woodies reopen soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,186 ✭✭✭✭Base price

I just spent the last hour or so looking for a missing calf. I let a cow out this morning that we adopted two angus bull calves onto (on Monday) into a field by themselves. I kept an eye on them earlier in the day but when I went to the top yard to feed other calves I noticed one of them was missing. I was fairly worried as they're in one of the lake fields and we don't normally put young calves into it in case they manage to get through the fence. I eventually found him three fields away curled up fast asleep in the middle of the yearling bulls.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Base price wrote: »
    I just spent the last hour or so looking for a missing calf. I let a cow out this morning that we adopted two angus bull calves onto (on Monday) into a field by themselves. I kept an eye on them earlier in the day but when I went to the top yard to feed other calves I noticed one of them was missing. I was fairly worried as they're in one of the lake fields and we don't normally put young calves into it in case they manage to get through the fence. I eventually found him three fields away curled up fast asleep in the middle of the yearling bulls.

That was good relief

• Registered Users Posts: 21,202 ✭✭✭✭Water John

The cuckoo only makes her call here, is mute whilst in Africa.

Base price wrote: »
    I have learnt if the cow isnt fretting the calf is normally ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

Water John wrote: »
    The cuckoo only makes her call here, is mute whilst in Africa.

There's a bit of a language barrier to be fair...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,202 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Guy from Africa travelled to Scotland to hear the cuckoo.

Got my hair cut tonight, courtesy of Lidls best and the OH.
    Only fair I coloured her hair last week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement