Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,511 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Water John wrote: »
    Nekar, with the lower N input the docks will actually die out.

Fear not.
    The slatted tank is full of viable seeds

• Registered Users Posts: 29,203 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Base price wrote: »
    I see we have the first victim of Covid-19. She had underlying health issues and was been treated in a hospital in the East of the country. RIP.
    Had she been in Italy?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,180 ✭✭✭✭Base price

whelan2 wrote: »
    Had she been in Italy?
    It didn't say on the RTE website and Dr. Holohan (CMO) gave a statement earlier on the news but I missed most of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,165 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Think she was elderly and had underlying health issues.

Unfortunately that doesn't make it any easier for her family.

• Advertisement

Base price wrote: »
    Unfortunately that doesn't make it any easier for her family.

Yea.
    My mum is In her late 70’s, heavy smoker all her life, chest would be rough and she’s a cancer survivor.

She’s very worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,187 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

You've been warned!!
    I haven't a clue what the warning is but it's from the Gardai so it's important.

https://twitter.com/gardainfo/status/1237794264983240704?s=20

There is a site claiming to be attached to John Hopkins University.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Think she was 1 of 2 community cases from late last week

The first two in Cork are also, community cases. We have had three community cases, in total. These are the worrying ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,708 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

_Brian wrote: »
    Yea.
    My mum is In her late 70’s, heavy smoker all her life, chest would be rough and she’s a cancer survivor.

She’s very worried.

She should self isolate, if possible. Uncle near me and he is not going out at all. Being sensible about it. Cancer survivor too and bad chest.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Anyone renew their driving licence lately?
    Looking at my new "card" type licence I see that all the Truck categories only last five years, while everything else is the for the ten years, as expected.
    Is this standard policy?

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Looking at my new "card" type licence I see that all the Truck categories only last five years, while everything else is the for the ten years, as expected.
    Is this standard policy?
    Feckin EU legislation. Nowday's commercial driving licenses have to be renewed every 5 years. I think bus drivers are the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,039 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Is this standard policy?
    You need a medical form completed and signed by your doctor to renew every 5 years. A good idea, imo.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

She should self isolate, if possible. Uncle near me and he is not going out at all. Being sensible about it. Cancer survivor too and bad chest.

I'll be doing pretty much that from now on, the risk from diabetes and being male is pretty high up on the scale of dangers. The following tweet might explain it better.

https://twitter.com/trvrb/status/1237934525281259521?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

You've been warned!!
    I haven't a clue what the warning is but it's from the Gardai so it's important.

https://twitter.com/gardainfo/status/1237794264983240704?s=20

Same here but its looking like there could be some truth in some of them out this side

Better living everyone

Same here but its looking like there could be some truth in some of them out this side

It was probably Tom Hanks were you in contact with.
    Himself and the wife have been confirmed with covid and are self isolating in Queensland.

I honestly think movement and gatherings needs locking down a bit here to slow spread.

My work plans today include two separate crèche visits, and two graveyards, the graveyards are probably low risk but the crèche visits I might knock on the head for a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

I'm not much worried about myself but it's Dad I fear for, having Parkinson's & all. He already had a chest infection in Jan & was a smoker for 25+yrs.
    We both help out at the local bingo & that might be knocked on the head for a while- Killeshandra closed for a month til the surge in virus increases eases off. We do the door & books so everyone coming in is in close contact with us.
    Green Cert today- wonder will that keep going! :eek:

_Brian wrote: »
    I honestly think movement and gatherings needs locking down a bit here to slow spread.

My work plans today include two separate crèche visits, and two graveyards, the graveyards are probably low risk but the crèche visits I might knock on the head for a few weeks.

Ye cant see kids activities being allowed to go on much longer. Eldest lad was saying ag colleges might close next week and schools are borderline too. My bord bia inspection is the week after next, cant see that going ahead tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,378 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Ye cant see kids activities being allowed to go on much longer. Eldest lad was saying ag colleges might close next week and schools are borderline too. My bord bia inspection is the week after next, cant see that going ahead tbh

Read somewhere this morning that factories may be shutting down shortly aswell

Reggie. wrote: »
    Read somewhere this morning that factories may be shutting down shortly aswell

There will be tears-not mine- in this house if football is stopped.

Our swim club are piggy backing in the decision on the schools.
    If/when the schools close we will stop training sessions.

At Christmas I got tickets for two shows, both in next two weeks, was looking forward to both but may not go now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭AntrimGlens

I'm just waiting on them pulling London marathon now for the last week in April. Really can't see it going ahead now, despite the UK Govt being behind the curve on this and taking their advice from the Medical Council, who reckon outdoor gatherings of large numbers of people aren't as threatening as the public think!!

hope they make a decision on it soon as i could do without running 50-60 miles a week for the next 6 weeks and pay more attention to lambing ewes instead.

Flights and hotel likely gone without reimbursement but heyho.

We booked flights to Australia two weeks ago to go in November, would probably have got them a lot cheaper this week I'd say.

I'm not much worried about myself but it's Dad I fear for, having Parkinson's & all. He already had a chest infection in Jan & was a smoker for 25+yrs.
    We both help out at the local bingo & that might be knocked on the head for a while- Killeshandra closed for a month til the surge in virus increases eases off. We do the door & books so everyone coming in is in close contact with us.
    Green Cert today- wonder will that keep going! :eek:
    I have a 10kg bag of Brazil nuts on placed on the kitchen counter and everyone in the household and coming in gets a few.
    My father in his 80's gets his boiled egg in the mornings so as well as the nuts it helps with his selenium intake. So hopefully it all helps. Food derived nutrients are times over better than tablet form but saying that we have vitamin C supplements stocked up as well.
    The sister works in a shop and has gloves on when serving people and handling money. She's getting funny looks and a few comments but being shy and going with the herd never did anyone any favours.

Apparently the gloves harbour the virus and you're better off not wearing them. Was told that in power city yesterday. Just keep washing your hands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Schools closed till the end of the month, starting tomorrow.

Apparently the gloves harbour the virus and you're better off not wearing them. Was told that in power city yesterday. Just keep washing your hands

You won't be wearing them for milking now so?
    Gloves are essential for anyone dealing with the public and to protect themselves. And especially where food is involved.
    Bacteria and viruses will live in the cracks in your skin which won't be on a glove. If you're washing your hands it's recommended that take two minutes with a scrub brush. I doubt many do that over the splash and dash.

• Advertisement

Only second and third level afaik.

No it's all schools.
    And all meetings indoors over 100 people are not recommended and the same with gatherings over 500 people outdoors.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement