Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this the end of Democrat front runner Joe Biden?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,456 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

notobtuse wrote: »
    Yes, this is a thread about Biden. You and your like have turned it into a whataboutery thread. How about simply staying on topic? If you want to talk about Trump do it in the other thread. Or if they must be combined how about we combine them into this one so I can post? [/b]Or is it your goal to make it so I can't comment on the presidential election?[/b]

So you want to keep this one open where you can only talk Biden and not answer questions about Trump that have been asked of you?

Only quoting a single line from my post to dodge addressing my point...

seems to happen a lot with the zealots, cherry pick part of a post or ignore questions altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,200 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

So you want to keep this one open where you can only talk Biden and not answer questions about Trump that have been asked of you?

Well they did get banned from the Trump thread that they started

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Seems the zealots forgot there is already a Trump health thread:
    "Is trump hiding a serious medical condition?" (Nope).

Thus there should really be one for Joe and his health condition(s):
    - irregular heartbeat
    - high concentrations of fat in the blood
    - acid reflux
    - allergies

Then there is previous incidents of two brian aneurysms, and recent bleeding eyes on live TV.
    Previous to this: benign prostatic hyperplasia, a gallbladder that needed removing in 2003, surgery on his sinus and nasal passages.

The most recent worrying observation was just days ago: a very, very weak voice on TV interview.
    Any Sifu/Sensei of worth, would not dare let his subjects into soft competition with a very weak vocal Chi/Kiai.
    It's a key sign indicator of 'lifeforce' i.e. general health, both mental and physical.

- irregular heartbeat
    - acid reflux
    - allergies

Then there is previous incidents of two brian aneurysms, and recent bleeding eyes on live TV.
    Previous to this: benign prostatic hyperplasia, a gallbladder that needed removing in 2003, surgery on his sinus and nasal passages.

The most recent worrying observation was just days ago: a very, very weak voice on TV interview.
    Any Sifu/Sensei of worth, would not dare let his subjects into soft competition with a very weak vocal Chi/Kiai.
    It's a key sign indicator of 'lifeforce' i.e. general health, both mental and physical.
    Have you citation for these allegations?

• Advertisement

- irregular heartbeat
    - acid reflux
    - allergies

We could discuss Trumps health issues but seeing as he writes his own medical reports we will never know the truth.

His unexpected and unexplained trip to hospital recently certainly raised a few eyebrows though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

Biden is an average old white guy who’s not Trump. That’s his appeal. With him we won’t have to face temper tantrums against allies, excruciatingly embarrassing to watch self-praise, an unprecedented deluge of barefaced lies, and preposterous, defamatory or otherwise improper tweets at all times of day and night. America and the world deserve a rest from all that.

Aneurysm was over 30 years ago so doesn't amount to much at this stage. Allergies, acid reflux and high cholesterol aren't exactly uncommon for anyone over 50(allergies any age). Guessing Bill Clinton had high cholesterol as president. Overall, I likely have a similar amount of health concerns and I'm under 30 and pretty fit. Trump also has heart disease and high cholesterol so pretty similar on health front.

Major difference is that Biden actually has leadership qualities and this has reflected in the polls throughout the pandemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

Ardillaun wrote: »
    Biden is an average old white guy who’s not Trump. That’s his appeal. With him we won’t have to face temper tantrums against allies, excruciatingly embarrassing to watch self-praise, an unprecedented deluge of barefaced lies, and preposterous, defamatory or otherwise improper tweets at all times of day and night.

That is exactly my feeling on it.

Must be on the expresso's, you should go easy on these.

BillyGates has little to do with the election, his interests are in vaccines, data markers (these are not 'chips'), cryptocurrency, Digital IDs, health software etc.

There's as much proof that he is as there is about your assertions of Biden's health

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

- irregular heartbeat
    - acid reflux
    - allergies

Allergies?

Are you taking the piss?

Allergies?
    Are you taking the piss?
    I didn't write #4, on the medical report published 15 Dec 2019, maybe take your contents issue up with the Director of Executive Medicine if you so wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ollkiller

- irregular heartbeat
    - acid reflux
    - allergies

You have to attack the health of the candidate cause that's all you have left to attack. A president needs to rise to the occasion in a time of crisis. Trump and Covid. 1 out of 10. And the 1 is for stopping some inbound flights. Would Biden have done a better job. You know the answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭pauldavis123

• Registered Users Posts: 82,001 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Igotadose wrote: »
    Is there a point to this thread anymore? Joe Biden's the presumptive nominee. Maybe we need a '2020 US Presidential election thread' (as against a Trump presidency thread). Then we can discuss both candidates.

We already have an election thread but notobtuse was threadbanned from it, so he started bumping this thread in perpetuity to lament Biden pummeling Trump in the polls from the comfort of his living room.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,285 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

According to Gallup (and the numbers change weekly) on average it looks like people identify as the following: 30% Republican, 38% Independent, and 30% Democrat.

I heard about these polls on talk radio (NPR I believe) notoriously oversampling democrats and undersampling republicans. I’ve look through a number of recent polls and they seemingly provide lots of information EXCEPT the number of people sampled by political party. Wonder why? Because it would expose those numbers indicating a glaring flaw in the sampling, perhaps? Now if someone can find data on a recent poll showing Trump down by 8-10 points, and with the breakdown of sampled respondents by party it would be most appreciated. And if you can find the information by 'REGISTERED’ voters it would be so much better.
    so you dont have a source then. also, there are more democrats than republicans in the US as a whole. that is a just a fact. the popular vote in the last election showed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

I didn't write #4, on the medical report published 15 Dec 2019, maybe take your contents issue up with the Director of Executive Medicine if you so wish.

You're suggesting there should be a thread about Biden's illnesses including allergies. I don't have any issue with you claiming he has them, I just find it bizarre that you think it's in any way relevant to this thread.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

According to Gallup (and the numbers change weekly) on average it looks like people identify as the following: 30% Republican, 38% Independent, and 30% Democrat.

I heard about these polls on talk radio (NPR I believe) notoriously oversampling democrats and undersampling republicans. I’ve look through a number of recent polls and they seemingly provide lots of information EXCEPT the number of people sampled by political party. Wonder why? Because it would expose those numbers indicating a glaring flaw in the sampling, perhaps? Now if someone can find data on a recent poll showing Trump down by 8-10 points, and with the breakdown of sampled respondents by party it would be most appreciated. And if you can find the information by 'REGISTERED’ voters it would be so much better.

You mean like this one???

This is the Rasmussen Poll on John Solomons website - A GOP friendly pollster on a VERY GOP Friendly website...

6.15.20%20JTN%20POLL%20presidential%20election.jpg?h=78d1e665&itok=lZ7ZcdDF

Polling methodology shown here giving the breakdown by party affiliation and voter registration.

Demographic breakdown shown here

So - Are we done now with the "The polls are biased" crap or will you find another reason to not believe the facts?

You're suggesting there should be a thread about Biden's illnesses including allergies. I don't have any issue with you claiming he has them, I just find it bizarre that you think it's in any way relevant to this thread.

How can we trust a man who sneezes during pollen season?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,285 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    You mean like this one???

This is the Rasmussen Poll on John Solomons website - A GOP friendly pollster on a VERY GOP Friendly website...

6.15.20%20JTN%20POLL%20presidential%20election.jpg?h=78d1e665&itok=lZ7ZcdDF

Polling methodology shown here giving the breakdown by party affiliation and voter registration.

Demographic breakdown shown here

So - Are we done now with the "The polls are biased" crap or will you find another reason to not believe the facts?

they only think the polls are biased because they dont like the results.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

And in other News , Biden/DNC outraise Trump/GOP for the second month running
    President Trump and Democratic challenger Joe Biden both set eye-popping fundraising records last month – but Biden’s records were larger.

The former vice president’s campaign announced on Wednesday night that they, the Democratic National Committee (DNC), and their joint fundraising committees hauled in a combined $141 million in June, which was by far the campaign’s best monthly figure to date.

Biden’s campaign called it a “jaw-dropping sum of money”

The presumptive Democratic presidential nominee’s campaign also reported bringing in a combined $282 million with the DNC during the April-June second quarter of fundraising, which was another record. And officials touted that they and the DNC outraised their rivals for a second straight month.

How can we trust a man who sneezes during pollen season?
    Funny how you only select the least offensive item, from the rap sheet of health issues, and ignore the...

...two brain aneurysms, later complicated by subsequent deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism. Blood thinners and medication for acid reflux and cholesterol. Biden has also had his gallbladder removed and has been preemptively treated for non-cancerous polyps and skin abrasions in recent years. Earlier this year he started bleeding from the eyes live on CNN. More recently his vocal capacity appears to be diminishing.

Then there are the mental issues (see the video on previous page for some real good lols, that make dubya look like a mensa member).
    https://youtu.be/0B6TjuoMAaY

When questioned by a reporter on testing for mental/congnitive decline, Joe responds by calling the chap a... 'lying dog face'.
    Classy and professional!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Funny how you only select the least offensive item, from the rap sheet of health issues, and ignore the...

...two brain aneurysms, later complicated by subsequent deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism. Blood thinners and medication for acid reflux and cholesterol. Biden has also had his gallbladder removed and has been preemptively treated for non-cancerous polyps and skin abrasions in recent years. Earlier this year he started bleeding from the eyes live on CNN. More recently his vocal capacity appears to be diminishing.

Then there are the mental issues (see the video on previous page for some real good lols, that make dubya look like a mensa member).

When questioned by a reporter on testing for mental/congnitive decline, Joe responds by calling the chap a... 'lying dog face'.
    Classy and professional!

And still a better option than the incumbent.

Classy and professional!
    I'm not yet thirty and I suffer badly from more than one chronic illness. If I wanted to enter a career in politics, these wouldn't prevent me. Simon Harris has crohn's disease, it can be a debilitating illness yet he does his job. FDR couldn't walk and was paralysed from the waist down managed to be one of the finest presidents in us history. I also imagine Clinton had increased blood pressure and cholesterol while president.

So no, I don't think having health issues should prevent him from being president. And realistically he is in general, he is far more coherent than Trump.

Also acid reflux and medication for it isn't notable at all. You should see some of the drugs I'm on.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I'm not yet thirty and I suffer badly from more than one chronic illness. If I wanted to enter a career in politics, these wouldn't prevent me. Simon Harris has crohn's disease, it can be a debilitating illness yet he does his job. FDR couldn't walk and was paralysed from the waist down managed to be one of the finest presidents in us history. I also imagine Clinton had increased blood pressure and cholesterol while president.

So no, I don't think having health issues should prevent him from being president. And realistically he is in general, he is far more coherent than Trump.

Also acid reflux and medication for it isn't notable at all. You should see some of the drugs I'm on.

FDR wouldnt get elected today, different times with totally different media/technology

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

So no, I don't think having health issues should prevent him from being president.
    You choose to leave out non-physical decline (mental), which when this question arose via a Reporter (cognativie testing) was met with Joe's snappy and cringeworthy 'lying dog face' name calling.

You also choose to leave out the contextual age factor, health issues in 30/40/50s etc aren't important, but for someone 78yo in November (with 4yr term on top), this could very well be.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,110 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

silverharp wrote: »
    FDR wouldnt get elected today, different times with totally different media/technology

Reagan wouldn't get nominated by the GOP today. Too liberal.

You choose to leave out non-physical decline (mental), which when this question arose via a Reporter (cognativie testing) was met with Joe's snappy and cringeworthy 'lying dog face' name calling.

You also choose to leave out the contextual age factor, health issues in 30/40/50s etc aren't important, but for someone 78yo in November (with 4yr term on top), this could very well be.

A question isn't proof. Cough up some citation for your health claims

• Registered Users Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

There is more context behind that comment.
    Biden's 'lying dog-face' quip was a joke partly at his own expense.

Biden drew criticism earlier this year after he called 21-year-old college student Madison Moore 'a lying dog-faced pony soldier' after she asked about his poor performance in Iowa, during a rally in Hampton, New Hampshire.

When the woman said she had never been to a caucus, Biden replied: 'No you haven't. You're a lying dog-faced pony soldier.'

Moore later spoke out on the incident, calling the moment 'humiliating' and said Biden attempted to 'invalidate me by exposing my inexperience.'

Biden's camp later said the line was taken from a scene in a John Wayne movie, where a Native American chief refers to Wayne as a 'lying, dog-faced pony soldier.'

Now, I am not saying the above is exemplary behavior, but, it's not exactly a flat out insult.

Which would you say is worse, the above, or comments such as the following.
    "You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes," Trump told CNN's Don Lemon on Friday night. "Blood coming out of her wherever."

• Advertisement

In the future, could you include the entirety of my posts?

Health issues in your 20s or 30s can be incredibly serious. Crohns for example puts one at high risk of surgery, can put you out of action for months and when it's active can make it very difficult to even think clearly. For example I have to cocoon during covid because of medications I'm on.

The "lying dog" thing seems to be related to him asking additional questions and is pretty clearly in jest. I just watched the clip, I'm lost on how it makes him senile.. Particularly when you consider Trump claimed there was an air force during the civil war...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement