Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rugby World Cup Warmups IRE vs ITA

123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

CBear1993 wrote: »
    Hi,

I've managed to get tickets to Wales game Sat 7th Sept.

I have only been to Aviva last November for a test game vs Argentina, plus a soccer game (arsenal vs chelsea - borefest!)

I'm a GAA fan first and foremost, but having moved to Dublin about 18 months ago now I'm trying to get into the rugby a little, and my girlfriend is a pretty big ireland fan.

Are there any bad seats in Aviva? I'm guessing it;s same as Croke Park - behind the goals is limited, sky high in upper stands you'll be looking at dots.

The tickets I've managed to get for Wales game are block 104 - lower east stand, 9&10. I've did a bit of looking on seat viewer on google and while they are close to the pitch and low down, should be grand.

The other choices I had were 313 premium level (in the corner) and also Block 525 upper stand row G. All face value. The girl I'm getting the tickets off of was on Toutless.ie website (I've used it since 2013 - great site with genuine supporters and only face value). She's asking €80 euro each for these 2x in block 104.

https://www.avivastadium.ie/getting-here/finding-your-seat https://www.avivastadium.ie/getting-here/finding-your-seat

Thanks in advance to a newbie! Also thinking of giving my local rugby club a try during the winter now in D15 - Coolmine. Never played, but I've been out of GAA now for a couple of years.

Block 104 is good, you are nearly on the half way line......a bit close to pitch but I had sat before in them and found ok

I like behind the posts especially if you have a bit of height....can be lucky to get a few tries close up etc....I don't like 101 to 130 block.....I think the view is poor.

Apart from that no realy bad seats....the boxes are ok as well....we have sat behind the posts in the box and premium a few times and again you get a very good view.

Only issue is if tries are allscored at other end but I never seemed to have that issue :-)

Have a look at this seat viewer thingy:

Closest to 104 https://aviewfrommyseat.com/venue/Aviva+Stadium/105/

Closest to 313 https://aviewfrommyseat.com/venue/Aviva+Stadium/311/

Closest to 525 https://aviewfrommyseat.com/venue/Aviva+Stadium/524/

I personally prefer being higher up rather than being on the sidelines. Can see more. I'd go with 313, as 525 could have the screens blocked which are more important in rugby due to TMO decisions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

Have a look at this seat viewer thingy:

Closest to 104 https://aviewfrommyseat.com/venue/Aviva+Stadium/105/

Closest to 313 https://aviewfrommyseat.com/venue/Aviva+Stadium/311/

Closest to 525 https://aviewfrommyseat.com/venue/Aviva+Stadium/524/

I personally prefer being higher up rather than being on the sidelines. Can see more. I'd go with 313, as 525 could have the screens blocked which are more important in rugby due to TMO decisions.

Thanks for that Partyjungle.
    You'd go with premium 313 over the block 104 seats then?
    Premium in croke park is very good, especially on busy match days- but it can be argued that the atmosphere isn;t just quite as electric as out in the lower or upper stands, as they're given to corporates etc. Is this same in Aviva?

I'm sure 104 will be grand as long as it's not pishing rain! I haven't handed over any cash yet or anything, just said I'd collect the 104 tickets but the man in 313 still has his too. I think they're 100 euro each,.....

Thanks for that Partyjungle.
    You'd go with premium 313 over the block 104 seats then?
    Premium in croke park is very good, especially on busy match days- but it can be argued that the atmosphere isn;t just quite as electric as out in the lower or upper stands, as they're given to corporates etc. Is this same in Aviva?

I'm sure 104 will be grand as long as it's not pishing rain! I haven't handed over any cash yet or anything, just said I'd collect the 104 tickets but the man in 313 still has his too. I think they're 100 euro each,.....

I haven't been there a huge amount of times so I couldn't tell you the difference in atmosphere. Aviva is kinda notorious for not having the best atmosphere in general for rugby fyi. Premium is handy to get to bars if that's your thing. The Lost Sheep on here works in the aviva as far as I know so he'd know a lot more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

I haven't been there a huge amount of times so I couldn't tell you the difference in atmosphere. Aviva is kinda notorious for not having the best atmosphere in general for rugby fyi. Premium is handy to get to bars if that's your thing. The Lost Sheep on here works in the aviva as far as I know so he'd know a lot more.
    104 all the way. Premium is only handy for getting food and drink quicker. Some of the tickets in front rows can often be listed as restricted view. I had a pair for New Zealand in November and they were best tickets ever had at a game.

• Advertisement

Depends on the game for atmosphere to be honest....

Any of the games I have gone to it has been great.....even with people going to have a beer and a pint....

Some people complain about the atmosphere because.....well they like to complain.

So the general consensus is stick with block 104 tickets? :) Don't mind paying the extra €20 each for premiums in 313. Seem good too at a higher level but it is in the corner.

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Depends on the game for atmosphere to be honest....

Any of the games I have gone to it has been great.....even with people going to have a beer and a pint....

Some people complain about the atmosphere because.....well they like to complain.

RDS is far superior imo. I don't like when the big leinster games get moved to the Aviva.

RDS is far superior imo. I don't like when the big leinster games get moved to the Aviva.

RDS is cracking little stadium but again depends on the crowd and the opposition.

Stick a game against the Italians and it is dead.....put a bigger team in and it is great....

All stadiums suffer....

Moving the games to Aviva makes sense and a good game against decent opposition and it can be electric

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

So the general consensus is stick with block 104 tickets? :) Don't mind paying the extra €20 each for premiums in 313. Seem good too at a higher level but it is in the corner.

I would go with the 525 tickets (depending on row). If it rains or is windy, 104 is not going to be nice place to sit.

Atmosphere varies but you will get more of the "prawn sandwich brigade" on level 3. They are there so they can say they were there and not for the rugby.

• Advertisement

prinzeugen wrote: »
    I would go with the 525 tickets (depending on row). If it rains or is windy, 104 is not going to be nice place to sit.

Atmosphere varies but you will get more of the "prawn sandwich brigade" on level 3. They are there so they can say they were there and not for the rugby.

Yeah the 525 seats are row G.

Advertisement