Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Any 530e owners out there?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭SummerK

Cona wrote: »
    Yes it’s a petrol hybrid. I believe the 192 version (onwards) is 49g Co2...
    192 version onwards is 41g but VRT does not have this in their system and are vrting as 49g.

Does any of this matter at this present time? Or does these new rules only kick in from Jan 1st? (Sorry for the simpleton questions)
    New rules kick in from 1-Jan-2021.

I read they're removing 2500 euro PHEV grant, but they are reducing VRT from 14% to 7% which should offset removal of grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,333 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

SummerK wrote: »
    New rules kick in from 1-Jan-2021.

I read they're removing 2500 euro PHEV grant, but they are reducing VRT from 14% to 7% which should offset removal of grant.

Yes but they are applying a correction to the emissions figure for cars first registered on older emissions system and it would seem to me that this will take 2018 plate 530e into 9 percent bracket as opposed to 7 percent.

mickdw wrote: »
    Yes but they are applying a correction to the emissions figure for cars first registered on older emissions system and it would seem to me that this will take 2018 plate 530e into 9 percent bracket as opposed to 7 percent.

Currently they're charging some of the 2018/17 plate cars emitting 46g co2 a bit more than 49g. You're right that they may continue charging bit more.

It looks like Road tax would also go down to 140/year from current 170/year for PHEV emitting <50g co2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Cona

How much does it cost to charge a 530e battery to full at night?

• Advertisement

I dont know but they are 9 kwh or circa 12 kwh depending on model.
    So abit less than 9 units or 12 units, cost depending on your electricity deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

€0.60 to €0.80, depending on battery.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

9 kWh version (9x9c) + charging losses at 10% = 90c
    12 kWh version (12x9c) + charging loses at 10% = €1.20

Give or take. Prices based on ESB night rate, You can also use energia who have the cheapest night rate currently at 6.8c per kWh I believe including vat which will reduce the cost even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Maddic_Irl

Recently imported a 192 530e M Sport Plus 12Kw, currently waiting on VRT appointment. V5 says its 41g CO2. 0.001 NOx.

Via the connected app, the car has Connected Package Professional until Dec 2022, nice bonus!

How can you tell if it has the Service Pack which is Europe wide I believe? Should this also be displayed in the connected app?

Maddic_Irl wrote: »
    Recently imported a 192 530e M Sport Plus 12Kw, currently waiting on VRT appointment. V5 says its 41g CO2. 0.001 NOx.

Via the connected app, the car has Connected Package Professional until Dec 2022, nice bonus!

How can you tell if it has the Service Pack which is Europe wide I believe? Should this also be displayed in the connected app?
    Congrats.

Click on the below link and enter UK Reg & mileage. In next page you will see if service pack is included or not.

https://www.bmw.co.uk/en/topics/owners/service-workshop/servicing/service-online-booking.html

• Advertisement

Congrats.

Click on the below link and enter UK Reg & mileage. In next page you will see if service pack is included or not.

Thanks SummerK, unfortunately no services packs.

FYI, Just checked to see if there were any open recalls on my VIN after reading an article on InsideEvs.com regarding a BMW recall for PHEVs. Apparently there is a risk of fire if battery is fully charged, may affect PHEVs built between Sept 18 and Jan 20 but does not specify which battery supplier CATL or Samsung SDI. (Sorry cannot post a link due to being a new user).

A recall showed up:

"There is an open technical enhancement on this vehicle. Please go here to find and contact your local retailer for more information. Enhancement code 0061430500"

According to a thread on Bimmerpost.com, this code has to do with the battery issue and/or to replace the charge cables. Again cannot post link.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Maddic_Irl wrote: »
    A recall showed up:

"There is an open technical enhancement on this vehicle. Please go here to find and contact your local retailer for more information. Enhancement code 0061430500"

That's not a recall, it's an enhancement :pac:.

It's probably the supplied cable/EVSE & entailed putting a sticker on it until they eventually replace the plugs, during routine service most likely.

xbDJwOv.jpg

If it was the battery issue, it would pop up on the car's info screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Kramer wrote: »
    That's not a recall, it's an enhancement :pac:.

It's probably the supplied cable/EVSE & entailed putting a sticker on it until they eventually replace the plugs, during routine service most likely.

xbDJwOv.jpg

If it was the battery issue, it would pop up on the car's info screen.

I brought mine (uk import) into BMW Galway last week to get the break fluid done and they replaced the charging cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,829 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

What's the consumption like running solely on petrol?

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

Picked up a 181 530e today. Upgraded from an 04 Avensis, so I'm both terrified driving it (auto handbrake, what!?! It can't stall, what?!!) and thrilled.

I got it from a dealer here, but it came via the UK. Is there anything I should do with the operating system to register it here/upgrade the software?

Also, it won't let me delete the previous owners phone, any way around this? Should I reset/delete data?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 causewayer

Just imported 530e M-Sport - Mediterranean Blue Metallic,
    Black Dakota Leather with Blue Contrast Stitching, Black Front Grill.
    • Dec 2018
    • C02 = 49g/km (WLTP)
    • 26k miles
    • VRT = €1188
      (earlier 2018 cars with C02=46g/km were tested under NEDC and VRT is higher)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Cona

Love Med Blue colour, best of luck with it...

Will be buying soon myself hopefully...Was hoping to go for a 192 model with the updated dashboard but they are still a bit pricey and sterling isnt dropping as expected. Might have to drop back a year to 181. Is there any real differences that are noticeable between 181 and 192 models?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

the corpo wrote: »
    Picked up a 181 530e today. Upgraded from an 04 Avensis, so I'm both terrified driving it (auto handbrake, what!?! It can't stall, what?!!) and thrilled.

I got it from a dealer here, but it came via the UK. Is there anything I should do with the operating system to register it here/upgrade the software?

Also, it won't let me delete the previous owners phone, any way around this? Should I reset/delete data?

If you bought it from a main BMW dealer they can sort it for you. If not, you'll probably need to email bmwconnecteddrive@bmwfin.com asking them to activate you car here here (transfer the connected drive account). They'll probably ask for a copy of your registration cert, etc, but it's fairly straight forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭donnaille

Will be buying soon myself hopefully...Was hoping to go for a 192 model with the updated dashboard but they are still a bit pricey and sterling isnt dropping as expected. Might have to drop back a year to 181. Is there any real differences that are noticeable between 181 and 192 models?

Worth double checking if any of the 192's got the upgraded battery capacity, I did have a quick look, but couldn't find anything definitive.

• Advertisement

TJJP wrote: »
    If you bought it from a main BMW dealer they can sort it for you. If not, you'll probably need to email bmwconnecteddrive@bmwfin.com asking them to activate you car here here (transfer the connected drive account). They'll probably ask for a copy of your registration cert, etc, but it's fairly straight forward.

Thanks, found a BMW how to vid that makes it seem relatively straightforward. Trying to see if I'll lose any posh features the previous UK owner had first!

What's the consumption like running solely on petrol?

Mine is 192 and I see approx 6.5L-7L/100KM when doing motorway speeds. Reduce speed to 100kph and I remember seeing 6L/100KM.

Recently did a 1100KM trip and got overall 6L/100KM with 2 full battery charges. FE depends on how heavy your right foot is but I like cruising rather than pushing hard.

There is no need to register operating system but I believe you may have created a connected drive account by now. You may create this account on either UK or Irish website. UK account gives you inbuilt spotify which works off cars data/internet.
    Go through the manual and you should sort deleting phone.

Main difference is upgraded battery pack which is up from 9.2kwh to 12kwh and an upgrade of iDrive from 6 to 7 Lite. Note its a lite version and does not have all features of LCI.
    ID 7 Lite adds Android Auto and few intelligent voice features apart from live cockpit professional. There is no remote software upgrade though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,785 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Mine is 192 and I see approx 6.5L-7L/100KM when doing motorway speeds. Reduce speed to 100kph and I remember seeing 6L/100KM.

Recently did a 1100KM trip and got overall 6L/100KM with 2 full battery charges. FE depends on how heavy your right foot is but I like cruising rather than pushing hard.

There is no need to register operating system but I believe you may have created a connected drive account by now. You may create this account on either UK or Irish website. UK account gives you inbuilt spotify which works off cars data/internet.

Main difference is upgraded battery pack which is up from 9.2kwh to 12kwh and an upgrade of iDrive from 6 to 7 Lite. Note its a lite version and does not have all features of LCI.
    ID 7 Lite adds Android Auto and few intelligent voice features apart from live cockpit professional. There is no remote software upgrade though.
    47 mpg in old money
    Not great compared to a 530d. Shows the main advantage of these "best of both" is for shorter trips.

ELM327 wrote: »
    47 mpg in old money
    Not great compared to a 530d. Shows the main advantage of these "best of both" is for shorter trips.

Of course the shorter the journey, the more electric use but 47 mpg is super for a 250 bhp petrol.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭djivide_

47 mpg in old money

All comes down to how you drive it. my 530d xdrive averaged about 35mpg over its life before it was stolen, I was not shy of the loud peddle but also did a fair bit of city driving, yes if you are only doing long journeys you might creep up towards 50mpg but your not going to blow 47mpg out of the water.

I have a x5 45e now and its averaged 55mpg, (not doing anywhere near the mileage i used to due to working from home) that also includes about 2 months of just ice pre lock down at the start when i was waiting for my home charger to be installed. i get about 50-60km of electric range out of it and >95% of journeys these days are electric only. put it in sports mode and have a bit of fun and you do see single digits mpg mind you :P

• Registered Users Posts: 21,785 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

mickdw wrote: »
    Of course the shorter the journey, the more electric use but 47 mpg is super for a 250 bhp petrol.

250bhp isnt exactly amazing anymore though. My diesel e60 535d had more than that 15 years ago in a diesel.

djivide_ wrote: »
    All comes down to how you drive it. my 530d xdrive averaged about 35mpg over its life before it was stolen, I was not shy of the loud peddle but also did a fair bit of city driving, yes if you are only doing long journeys you might creep up towards 50mpg but your not going to blow 47mpg out of the water.

I have a x5 45e now and its averaged 55mpg, (not doing anywhere near the mileage i used to due to working from home) that also includes about 2 months of just ice pre lock down at the start when i was waiting for my home charger to be installed. i get about 50-60km of electric range out of it and >95% of journeys these days are electric only. put it in sports mode and have a bit of fun and you do see single digits mpg mind you :P

The X5 45e is actually a lovely car that's on my list for my next car (current model S owner). The problem I have with the 530e/545e is that they dont have enough battery capacity.

250bhp isnt exactly amazing anymore though. My diesel e60 535d had more than that 15 years ago in a diesel.

The X5 45e is actually a lovely car that's on my list for my next car (current model S owner). The problem I have with the 530e/545e is that they dont have enough battery capacity.

Not amazing but 47 mpg from a 250 bhp large petrol saloon which is also capable of running amazingly good numbers on short runs by just injecting some cheap electricity is quite good imo.

Before reading this, I got giddy and just pressed reset. So deleted the previous owners details and set up the car for Ireland.

But it still has Spotify! Very pleased and not touching it again....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

You have to be stopped in P to delete the old phone. The bmw iDrive can be quite finicky with things like this.

• Advertisement

Gumbo wrote: »
    You have to be stopped in P to delete the old phone. The bmw iDrive can be quite finicky with things like this.

Hah, I've lots to learn. So far the BMW connected app is giving me 2.5/5 for efficient driving!

Advertisement