Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Any 530e owners out there?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Cona

Anyone plump for a Service Pack from BMW? One payment which covers basic car servicing needs for up to 5 years or 100K

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Cona wrote: »
    Anyone plump for a Service Pack from BMW? One payment which covers basic car servicing needs for up to 5 years or 100K

Yup, I did. Was ~400euro - paid that at the time of my first service (the cost of the service made it a no brainer).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Yep, it's a no-brainer at €429 & should include 2 services, the brake fluid change & wipers etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

Here's another newbie question.

So the Connecteddrive app is telling me I have USB maps, BWM online, Intelligent Voice assistant, RTTI, and logging into bmw-connecteddrive.ie I can see, for example the car is subscribed to Onliine Speech processing until 26.07.2021.

But in the actual car, it tells me these services are no longer available for this vehicle. Is it possible to restore these services? Or did I blow when I reset the idrive?

It's mainly apple carplay I'd be keen on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

Kramer wrote: »
    Yep, it's a no-brainer at €429 & should include 2 services, the brake fluid change & wipers etc.

Where do you buy this? Do I need to go to the dealership?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭bmwfan

Valhallapt wrote: »
    from the dealer before the car has its first service

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭SummerK

Valhallapt wrote: »
    You can buy BSI at a bmw dealer before first service and I also remember seeing an option on bmw-connecteddrive.ie

Would VRT on a 2019 (192 reg) 530e M-Sport be around 3500 euro? Thats what i am seeing on VRT calculator now, thought it would have been in around 2000-2500?

Would VRT on a 2019 (192 reg) 530e M-Sport be around 3500 euro? Thats what i am seeing on VRT calculator now, thought it would have been in around 2000-2500?

VRT is more if you choose 46g co2 car. Since 192 is 41g co2, vrt should be between 2300 - 2500.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Maddic_Irl

On the VRT calculator instead of selecting the 530e, select a 530, automatic, etc you will be able to select hybrid as the engine option, there are multiple versions available for different CO2's. Note the VRT figure indicated includes the PHEV VRT rebate.

Mine went for VRT assessment last Wednesday but is being sent away for manual assessment, should know within 10 working days. Its a 192 M Sport 41g.

• Advertisement

Went through all the various Msport options and only one of them came in around 2300, that was the 46g Co2 version...

The 41g Co2 comes up with €3190.
    Very confusing...how many different versions are there?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,333 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Went through all the various Msport options and only one of them came in around 2300, that was the 46g Co2 version...

The 49g is always cheaper than the 46g so you may have missed that.
    There is 46g version - earlier ones.
    The 49g are the ones tested under the newer system and the 41g is the newer model with bigger battery i think

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭crank_1975

Have to bring mine in as the charging flap is stuck and will not open. Anyone else have this issue? Seems to be a common issue in the i3 based on google searches.

When I vrt’d my car in July this year, there were 2 options on vrt site- 46g and 49g. Mine is 192 MSport 41g but I was charged under 49g emission.

Now I see 5 - 41, 39 & 38 and lower the co2 more the vrt. Looks like if I had vrt’d my car now, I would have paid €3350 incl options which is €900 more than what I paid.

SummerK wrote: »
    Now I see 5 - 41, 39 & 38 and lower the co2 more the vrt. Looks like if I had vrt’d my car now, I would have paid €3350 incl options which is €900 more than what I paid.

That's crazy Ted!

I think revenue often add another iteration whenever they manually assess a vehicle, rather than check if it matches a previously assessed vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭CathalC2011

Hey all, I've been driving a 418d for the last year, and as much as I love it, I do like to change my cars a lot, and I've recently started eyeing up the 530e.

My commute is 22km round trip into town which works out about 6k km per year, but I nearly triple that annually with pleasure driving, around 16k km per year.

I love the diesel, but I've come to realize that all in all, it hasn't ended up being one bit more efficient than my previous 318i.

With the current VRT prices, I'd like to put around 30k total into a 530e.

I'm wondering though, is there anyone out there with a 330e/530e who never uses the plug-in? I live in an apartment with no charger, so I'd pretty much never charge it aside from the odd few minutes at a shop. I purely want the electric aspect for cheap VRT and the extra bit of torque. Anyone else use it for the same? Is it as good as a 530i without using the charger?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭donnaille

Hey all, I've been driving a 418d for the last year, and as much as I love it, I do like to change my cars a lot, and I've recently started eyeing up the 530e.

My commute is 22km round trip into town which works out about 6k km per year, but I nearly triple that annually with pleasure driving, around 16k km per year.

I love the diesel, but I've come to realize that all in all, it hasn't ended up being one bit more efficient than my previous 318i.

With the current VRT prices, I'd like to put around 30k total into a 530e.

I'm wondering though, is there anyone out there with a 330e/530e who never uses the plug-in? I live in an apartment with no charger, so I'd pretty much never charge it aside from the odd few minutes at a shop. I purely want the electric aspect for cheap VRT and the extra bit of torque. Anyone else use it for the same? Is it as good as a 530i without using the charger?

It’s a lot heavier and lacks boot space so worth keeping that in mind.

I'm wondering though, is there anyone out there with a 330e/530e who never uses the plug-in?

Probably. Probably quite a few actually.

If you don't have home &/or work charging, a PHEV ain't for you.

Get yourself the 530i you really want :).

Kramer wrote: »
    Probably. Probably quite a few actually.

If you don't have home &/or work charging, a PHEV ain't for you.

Get yourself the 530i you really want :).

I wouldnt say dont get a 530e. Sure, you miss out on the fuel efficiency benefits of plugging in but its surely a better car all round than a 520i
    and a 530i is going to be more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Alter_Ego

Is it as good as a 530i without using the charger?

The 530i in this generation is based on the 2L 4 cylinder engine, outputting 250-ish bhp.

The 530e has the same engine, but tuned as 520i (180-ish) bhp and you need the electric motor to give you the extra 70bhp.

If you never charge the 530e, in my view it would be pointless. You'll be hauling around extra 240kg.

The VRT will be cheaper, but your fuel consumption will be higher, my guess if you never charge the 530e you'll be averaging somewhere between 7-9L/100km.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭Casati

Alter_Ego wrote: »
    The 530i in this generation is based on the 2L 4 cylinder engine, outputting 250-ish bhp.

The 530e has the same engine, but tuned as 520i (180-ish) bhp and you need the electric motor to give you the extra 70bhp.

If you never charge the 530e, in my view it would be pointless. You'll be hauling around extra 240kg.

The VRT will be cheaper, but your fuel consumption will be higher, my guess if you never charge the 530e you'll be averaging somewhere between 7-9L/100km.

Can you get 250bhp out of a 520i with a remap I wonder? 530i's are extremely hard to find but 520i's are quite common and cheaper than the 530e - though the VRT is a lot higher

The batteries dont just sit there dead.
    Even if not plugging in, you get the battery powered bhp at all times whether it is from recovered energy or charged via the petrol engine.

mickdw wrote: »
    The batteries dont just sit there dead.
    Even if not plugging in, you get the battery powered bhp at all times whether it is from recovered energy or charged via the petrol engine.

Sure, but you'll be burning more fuel than 530i that way.

Sure, but you'll be burning more fuel than 530i that way.

Id say it would balance out - heavier car but with much more onboard energy recovery plus if used right even without plugging in, ev running around town which would be a big bonus.

mickdw wrote: »
    Id say it would balance out - heavier car but with much more onboard energy recovery plus if used right even without plugging in, ev running around town which would be a big bonus.

Not according to this - https://electrek.co/2020/04/16/new-bmw-330e-plug-in-hybrid-ups-ev-range-to-23-miles-but-lowers-mpg/

"The gas efficiency, after the battery is depleted, for the 2021 BMW 330e is 28 mpg combined (25/33 mpg city/highway). The 330e xDrive gets 25 mpg combined (22/30 mpg city/highway)."

That's a 330e, which is lighter than the 530e btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭CathalC2011

Not according to this - https://electrek.co/2020/04/16/new-bmw-330e-plug-in-hybrid-ups-ev-range-to-23-miles-but-lowers-mpg/

"The gas efficiency, after the battery is depleted, for the 2021 BMW 330e is 28 mpg combined (25/33 mpg city/highway). The 330e xDrive gets 25 mpg combined (22/30 mpg city/highway)."

Huh.. Thanks for the link. I was hoping it would be as mickdw said.. heavier for sure, but I thought the energy recovery from braking etc. would somewhat cancel it out.

I think I'm OK with being a bit less efficient. Sadly in a world with a broken tax like VRT, I'm still saving 4-5 grand which will go straight into a higher spec!

Plus while it mightn't be any more powerful than the 530i (because as mentioned by someone earlier, its de-tuned to 20i levels), it's still a full 100hp more than my current 418d.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

In terms of energy recovery, is regenerative braking on at all times? Or only in battery control mode?

What point are you trying to make, that is just a reference to 330e v 330e xdrive.
    We were discussing 30e v 30i?
    I said the heavier 30e would likely balance out in energy efficiency versus 530i given its recovery systems on board and the ability to move around on battery alone in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114995144&postcount=563

That post a few pages ago, the poster averaged 6 litre/100 km over 1100km with 2 charges,

I do not put much faith into American reports, also I would like to know what is the mpg of the 530i/520i before I would make a commitment.

Even if its crap mpg, the difference in vrt might make it appealing to go for the phev.

Its not impossible for someone in a apartment to get an charger installed, some here have got them installed, its not as if there is going to be another choice, transport is turning towards electric.

• Advertisement

kanuseeme wrote: »
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114995144&postcount=563

That post a few pages ago, the poster averaged 6 litre/100 km over 1100km with 2 charges,

I do not put much faith into American reports, also I would like to know what is the mpg of the 530i/520i before I would make a commitment.

Even if its crap mpg, the difference in vrt might make it appealing to go for the phev.

Its not impossible for someone in a apartment to get an charger installed, some here have got them installed, its not as if there is going to be another choice, transport is turning towards electric.

Also the american gallon is only 3.8L.
    If you adjust the figures from that article, thats somewhere between 33 and 34 mpg combined if taking a gallon as 4.54 L
    Thats perfectly acceptable. Will a 30i get better mileage - hard to say but i doubt it.

Advertisement