Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supposedly extremely attractive people who you don't find attractive?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Balmed Out wrote: »
    Renee Zellweger
    I was gonna say her too but then I thought no one I know ever found her hot in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Cillian Murphy is pretty androgynous looking which is going to be a marmite thing. I've seen him on stage a couple of times and he's fairly mesmerising in person I must say. Tiny little fellah though.

I've seen him on stage too and he truly is mesmerising. He's an incredible actor.
    I love his eyes and lips too, the very things others seem to find unattractive. It really is so individual.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

dubstarr wrote: »
    Chrissy Tiegan,how is she a model.

I seen the Lip Sync battle and Cindy Crawford came out.The difference.Cindy was gorgeous and Chrissy was like a little munchkin.

Didn’t know her so did a quick search on google images. It went something like this -

Well it’s obvious why she’s a model!

Oh.

Oh dear...

Well, that’s just unfortunate :o

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭CroatoanCat

This is a superb thread. The Richard Gere dogs and Ron Perlman cat have given me new life.

I never went for Clooney, Pitt or Beckham, who were the undisputed love gods back in the 90s/early 2000s. I can see that they all are, or were, very handsome, especially Pitt, but I just don't think any of them are sexy.

It's interesting that so many lads don't find Taylor Swift sexy. I would have thought she'd be getting ye all hot under the collar. As others have noted, though, straight women are not always good at predicting what straight men will find sexy. And vice versa.

Back in the 90s, I thought Jennifer Aniston was seriously overrated. I actually think she got much more attractive and sexier as she got older. Men absolutely went wild for her back in the day though. I remember c '97 or '98, all the lads in work had her with her arse out as their screensaver. I think it was Wibbs had a great assessment of Aninston on here once. Face-wise, it shouldn't work - very strong jaw, smallish eyes and thinnish lips - but somehow, all together, it just did work. She did and does have an amazing figure, in fairness, and seems thoroughly sound.

The one that absolutely baffles me is Adam Levine. Gives me the absolute creeps. He's probably dead on in real life, but I have an unreasonable aversion to the very notion of him. If he was your boyfriend, I feel certain he'd plague you constantly for bum sex, insist on your calling him "Daddy", and when ye'd be watching telly, out of the corner of your eye you'd catch him playing with his balls and then sniffing his fingers appreciatively.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

It's interesting that so many lads don't find Taylor Swift sexy. I would have thought she'd be getting ye all hot under the collar. As others have noted, though, straight women are not always good at predicting what straight men will find sexy. And vice versa.
    Funny enough now that you mention it, I'd reckon Swift is so popular with some women because she's almost the image made flesh of what straight women think is sexy for men.
    Back in the 90s, I thought Jennifer Aniston was seriously overrated. I actually think she got much more attractive and sexier as she got older. Men absolutely went wild for her back in the day though. I remember c '97 or '98, all the lads in work had her with her arse out as their screensaver. I think it was Wibbs had a great assessment of Aninston on here once. Face-wise, it shouldn't work - very strong jaw, smallish eyes and thinnish lips - but somehow, all together, it just did work. She did and does have an amazing figure, in fairness, and seems thoroughly sound.
    She'd be in the top end of "girl next door", or "office hot" as a look. Normal looking but supernormal as it were. American and British drama tend to prefer that kinda look. If you look at say Italian or Spanish drama in contrast they wheel out objectively very good looking women even in "girl next door" roles.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement

This is a superb thread. The Richard Gere dogs and Ron Perlman cat have given me new life.

I never went for Clooney, Pitt or Beckham, who were the undisputed love gods back in the 90s/early 2000s. I can see that they all are, or were, very handsome, especially Pitt, but I just don't think any of them are sexy.

The one that absolutely baffles me is Adam Levine. Gives me the absolute creeps. He's probably dead on in real life, but I have an unreasonable aversion to the very notion of him. If he was your boyfriend, I feel certain he'd plague you constantly for bum sex, insist on your calling him "Daddy", and when ye'd be watching telly, out of the corner of your eye you'd catch him playing with his balls and then sniffing his fingers appreciatively.

It's not often that I literally cry laughing but this whole post has me giggling so much there's tears streaming down my face. The stuff about Adam Levine... absolutely hilarious. This thread has really brightened up my day :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

Angela Merkel

I simply don't get what all the fuss is about...sure she's not bad looking. But a sex symbol? Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Nicole Kidman,never understood the fuss about her looks,good actress though.

Leonardo de caprio I think is overrated looks wise and seemed to me to be to short for a lot of roles where I thought it needed someone with more stature, he's probably taller than he appears to me.

tipptom wrote: »
    Nicole Kidman,never understood the fuss about her looks,good actress though.

Leonardo de caprio I think is overrated looks wise and seemed to me to be to short for a lot of roles where I thought it needed someone with more stature, he's probably taller than he appears to me.

He was stunning as a child and younger man. He had that boyish charm thing going on that just doesn't translate well into latter years. In Romeo and Juliet for example he is beautiful and as a young kid in What's eating Gilbert Grape he's so adorable but it's like Mackaley Culkin, gorgeous as a child but freaky looking as an adult. How he got Mila Kunis is beyond me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

All of them off Love Island. It's vanity and narcissism gone mad.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭wiggle16

Porklife wrote: »
    He was stunning as a child and younger man. He had that boyish charm thing going on that just doesn't translate well into latter years. In Romeo and Juliet for example he is beautiful and as a young kid in What's eating Gilbert Grape he's so adorable but it's like Mackaley Culkin, gorgeous as a child but freaky looking as an adult. How he got Mila Kunis is beyond me!

He was absolutely beautiful as a young guy.

Now he looks like a turnip that's exhausted from fighting for its right to be recognised as a person.

Brilliant actor all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Porklife wrote: »

We had Titanic on VHS when I was growing up, would have been about nine when we got it.

Got to the point where the tape was so worn that it would be all skippy and fuzzy...but only up to about two minutes before Jack died, perfect after that. I watched it over and over but couldn't handle him dying!

As a grown up he's barely in the top five attractive people in that film but goddamn that's a face designed to make the tweenage market lose their minds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Chrissy Tiegan,how is she a model.

I seen the Lip Sync battle and Cindy Crawford came out.The difference.Cindy was gorgeous and Chrissy was like a little munchkin.

Seriously, yeah, the head on her.

And all the bang average celeb children who call themselves models. They must know well they wouldn’t be without their parents’ influence? Ewan McGregor’s eldest springs to mind.

And... HE’S JUST SO AVERAGE-LOOKING.

I know this is my third post on Levine in this thread and I might be a little fixated but seriously.

By the way, great description there. :D I don’t care if you just made it up. It’s true. It’s just true.

And I'm speaking as someone who has plenty tattoos myself and really likes them on other people but holy fcuk the actual state of Adam Levine's tattoos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭MSGSM

F**k sakes folks, I don't think ye have insulted Adam Levine enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

wiggle16 wrote: »

Now he looks like a turnip that's exhausted from fighting for its right to be recognised as a person.

He DOES have a head like a turnip! Must be his swedish heritage :p

edit:
    And I'm speaking as someone who has plenty tattoos myself and really likes them on other people but holy fcuk the actual state of Adam Levine's tattoos.

I just googled his tattos and yeah, they look like a random collection of fridge magnets.

Omg they look so rotten! His skin looks like the posters you see in parlours where they show pics of lots of finished tattoos they did previously. None of them have anything to do with one another, woeful looking.

And yeah he has a massive creepy vibe off him. Like you'd wake up and he's staring at you, real creepy.

MSGSM wrote: »
    F**k sakes folks, I don't think ye have insulted Adam Levine enough.

He's in Maroon 5, one of the worst bands ever to walk the face of the Earth. I can keep going.

His head is shaped like a can of lager FFS.

We had Titanic on VHS when I was growing up, would have been about nine when we got it.

Got to the point where the tape was so worn that it would be all skippy and fuzzy...but only up to about two minutes before Jack died, perfect after that. I watched it over and over but couldn't handle him dying!

As a grown up he's barely in the top five attractive people in that film but goddamn that's a face designed to make the tweenage market lose their minds.

I liked him in The Beach. He took off his top a lot in that movie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Seriously, yeah, the head on her.

And all the bang average celeb children who call themselves models. They must know well they wouldn’t be without their parents’ influence? Ewan McGregor’s eldest springs to mind.

Ever see Rafferty Law,hes a right minger

wiggle16 wrote: »

You know, although I get the need people had to rush to his defence post-Titanic when he was being denigrated as a pretty boy and I know he’s done a lot of good films from very young, I still think he’s a smidgen overpraised. His facial expressions can be a tad limited. He pulls this constipated expression far too much. He’s a very good actor but people really rave about him. There’s been films of his I’ve watched where I would have rather seen somebody else in the role.

Ever see Rafferty Law,hes a right minger

YES. I was actually going to mention him. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Salthillprom

Benedict Cumberbath. I mean seriously, what the actual f**k?! His legion of female followers call themselves Cumberbitches. He looks like an alien. ET was more attractive than he is.

Brad Pitt. Meh. I can see why some women might find him attractive but id give him 5.5/10. Marginally above average.

Tom Cruise with his puffy cheeks, gleaming smile and little piggy eyes. I thought he was gorgeous in Born on 4th July (before he went to war and grew the beard), but he got loads of surgery and corrected his 'imperfections' and now he looks like a mannequin from his multiple plastic surgeries.

Elizabeth Hurley's son/daughter.. Whatever it is. I mean honestly, does his mother not give him some solid motherly advice and tell him to stop posing like an absolute plonk.

The Rock. Tiny ugly head and massive oversized body covered in bulging popping veins. Wtf.

Channing Tatum. As per The Rock above, tiny head with disproportionate body. Also sticky-out ears that would give Dumbo a run for his money.

Vin Diesel. Very like The Rock but with a more in proportion body. But still... head like a melted candle.

Those Jonas Brothers. They look like they were dipped into a vat of fake tan. Can't tell any of them apart either. They all merge into one.

George Clooney. Meh.

Keanu Reeves. Alien on speed!!

Zac Efron. Looks like a human Ken doll.

Orlando Bloom. Plain. You'd see better walking down the street.

Johnny Depp. Just GROSS. I'd say he hasn't had a shower in 2 years. Can nearly smell him from here.

Jude Law. Skinny little annoying squeaky whippit.

Leo De Caprio. Just no. Excellent actor, i'll give him that.

Bradley Cooper. That tiny sharp little chin of his would poke your eye out.

Matthew McConnaughy. His attitude is nearly worse than the smug smirk on his face.

That Limerick love island fella. NOT good looking.

Benedict Cumberbath. I mean seriously, what the actual f**k?! His legion of female followers call themselves Cumberbitches 🙄. He looks like an alien. ET was more attractive than he is.

Brad Pitt. Meh. I can see why some women might find him attractive but id give him 5.5/10. Marginally above average.

Tom Cruise with his puffy cheeks, gleaming smile and little piggy eyes. I thought he was gorgeous in Born on 4th July (before he went to war and grew the beard), but he got loads of surgery and corrected his 'imperfections' and now he looks like a mannequin from his multiple plastic surgeries.

Elizabeth Hurley's son/daughter.. Whatever it is.

The Rock. Tiny ugly head and massive oversized body covered in bulging popping veins. Wtf.

Channing Tatum. As per The Rock above, tiny head with disproportionate body. Also sticky-out ears that would give Dumbo a run for his money.

Vin Diesel. Very like The Rock but with a more in proportion body. But still... head like a melted candle.

Those Jonas Brothers. They look like they were dipped into a vat of fake tan. Can't tell any of them apart either. They all merge into one.

George Clooney. Meh.

Johnny Depp. Just GROSS. I'd say he hasn't had a shower in 2 years. Can nearly smell him from here.

Matthew McConnaughy. His attitude is nearly worse than the smug smirk on his face.

That's quite a spread! I have to ask, who IS your type??

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Salthillprom

That's quite a spread! I have to ask, who IS your type??

Gerard Butler. And yes, I know he's got bashed on this thread.
    Joaquín Phoenix before he went mental and grew a beard.
    Paul Walker, before he died obv

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Im the same,i have a fair few tattoos and i look at Justin Bieber and think i could have done them better.And thats saying something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Tammy!

Benedict Cumberbath. I mean seriously, what the actual f**k?! His legion of female followers call themselves Cumberbitches. He looks like an alien. ET was more attractive than he is.

Elizabeth Hurley's son/daughter.. Whatever it is. I mean honestly, does his mother not give him some solid motherly advice and tell him to stop posing like an absolute plonk.

George Clooney. Meh.

I love this post :D

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

After googling Adam Levine, he looks like that creepy dude from American beauty that films the bag.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Adam Levine before reading this thread

source.gif

Adam Levine after reading this thread

tenor.gif

Advertisement