Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media - TV, 250MB broadband, phone + Sky Sports or Sky Cinema for €55 a mont

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭flexcon

Got this deal. Have HD Sky Sports. Router is great for internet. TV box is useless. Ironically their Android app is actually very good.

good to know I wasn't mistaken when they asked if I wanted HD on this pack! Serious offer. Seriously **** box.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭celt262

flexcon wrote: »
    good to know I wasn't mistaken when they asked if I wanted HD on this pack! Serious offer. Seriously **** box.

I'm looking now for a new house, should I give it a miss. Some of the comments here wouldnt inspire me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

celt262 wrote: »
    I'm looking now for a new house, should I give it a miss. Some of the comments here wouldnt inspire me.

If I was able to get the Sky deal I would go with Sky. Virgin TV is not worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭celt262

If I was able to get the Sky deal I would go with Sky. Virgin TV is not worth it.

Sound thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭paddy19

"Ironically their Android app is actually very good. "

Maybe get an android box and use the app....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,058 ✭✭✭bren2001

Whats the Sky deal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

bren2001 wrote: »
    Whats the Sky deal?

Half price for 6 months and cashback thru topcashback

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

No mention of that deal anywhere here..thx

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

Virgín will now be carrying eir sports at no extra cost on the sports pack(I think)

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭deco72

mbarosin wrote: »
    So you moved address and then signed up? I'm trying to cancel my account and resign up to this deal under partner's name, same address. Don't think it's as easy. Thanks

Thinking of doing this as well, did you try it? I currently only have the broadband with them and its nearly €50 a month for that alone so would be interested in getting this deal.

Has anyone gone about setting up a new account in the partners name at the same address?

• Advertisement

deco72 wrote: »
    Thinking of doing this as well, did you try it? I currently only have the broadband with them and its nearly €50 a month for that alone so would be interested in getting this deal.

Has anyone gone about setting up a new account in the partners name at the same address?

I do it every year without any issue. There was an issue a few years ago so just gave them my wife's maiden name

deco72 wrote: »

Probably no need for you to setup a new account. As you're upgrading, you should be entitled to the deal.

Probably no need for you to setup a new account. As you're upgrading, you should be entitled to the deal.

They say its for new customers only

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

As you're upgrading, you should be entitled to the deal.

You're definitely not

maximoose wrote: »
    You're definitely not

I see you called all right.

Strange, I upgraded from broadband to broadband with TV on the 99 deal last year and was told I was eligible to be treated as a new customer as I was upgrading.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

I spoke to a few different people via live chat, whatsapp and on the phone, the loyalty dept then called me and none of them would give me the deal

Ended up bumping me up to 500mb broadband for half price though so happy with that and continuing to use IPTV

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭KilOit

Anyone have a crystal ball they can look into and see how long this offer lasts?
    Cancelled my account and take 30 days but i don't want to sign up again and double up for a month

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

celt262 wrote: »

Do not touch the horizon box with a barge pole. I'm getting sky tomorrow as I'm sick to the teeth with that horizon junk. We are on our 3rd box now each with the same faults. Came home from hols at the weekend and turned it back on....Now there is no program information, the pause rewind etc doesn't work and it won't record. It seriously is useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

With Eir Sport no coming to VM for free this deal seems even better

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

KilOit wrote: »
    Anyone have a crystal ball they can look into and see how long this offer lasts?

If I was to guess it'll last until they shift all of their Horizon box stock and then they'll release the new V6 box with a new deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 joejoew

Cancelled my account and take 30 days but i don't want to sign up again and double up for a month

2nd October according to the flyer I got in the door

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

I'm in contract until June next year and if I cancel contract i'll be charged €450.
    Got a deal end in May/June for €15 off for 6 months then €79 for the next 6 months.
    Bundle broadband, TV and home phone.

Guess I'm stuck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭mbarosin

So you have to give them 30 days notice even if you're out of contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭KilOit

Yeah pretty much, cancelling now brings me up to end of September. So people should be very careful with this deal because 55€ will jump to 129€ after 12 months so really have to be on the ball to cancel the package 30 days before the 13th month.
    Not even sure can you put it in place to end at 12 months to not trigger early breakage of contract

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭flexcon

With eir sports now included this is def the best deal out there.

The box is crap yes but - Amazing broadband and sky sports, virgin sport and eir sport in HD for 55 a month? I’ll put up with the box since once the channel is actually on an viewing - it’s mute point.

Plus I’ve relatives in Canada and the 400mins a month
    To them
    I can cancel my voip saving a 8 a month

All in all - for myself amazing deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 kaka2001

Yes, i had to cancel today with 30 days notice and was out of contract. Seems bizarre that they would have you cancel rather than sign you up to the deal (I was on broadband only). The best they could offer me was 72 for 6 months and 104 for the next 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,257 ✭✭✭greasepalm

I'm in contract until June next year and if I cancel contract i'll be charged €450.
    Got a deal end in May/June for €15 off for 6 months then €79 for the next 6 months.
    Bundle broadband, TV and home phone.

Guess I'm stuck with it.
    What happens when you keep ringing them up with a faulty tv box,not as described?

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭letsgo2018

Is premier sport included

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Baxtardo

Am on to Virgin chat and they are only offering SD Sky Sports - a bit confusing if other people are confirming they are receiving HD SS with the deal?

• Advertisement

Baxtardo wrote: »
    Am on to Virgin chat and they are only offering SD Sky Sports - a bit confusing if other people are confirming they are receiving HD SS with the deal?

See here:
    https://www.boards.ie/ttfpost/110992017

HD clearly available.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement