Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media - TV, 250MB broadband, phone + Sky Sports or Sky Cinema for €55 a mont

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

Just wanted to make people aware, Virgin require a 30 day notice period if you are cancelling your contract. They will not accept notice +30 days, this essentially means it gives you a one day window to cancel without having to pay for an additional month and if you are out of contract that means you will pay the non "discounted" or deal rate, so for us it would mean paying an additional month at €89.95. Madness...clearly opportunistic not allowing people to give +30 notice trying to sting them for an additional month. So glad to be getting rid of them, their sh*t internet, their service and one of the worst set top boxes on the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭OnLooker

MurDawg wrote: »
    Has this deal ended officially?

Yeah I see its gone from their website. Wonder if they will still give it if you call up?

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭MurDawg

OnLooker wrote: »
    Yeah I see its gone from their website. Wonder if they will still give it if you call up?

Tried, not budging on any old deals.

Wouldn't divert from online prices - far stricter than they used to be

• Registered Users Posts: 6,058 ✭✭✭bren2001

Just wanted to make people aware, Virgin require a 30 day notice period if you are cancelling your contract. They will not accept notice +30 days, this essentially means it gives you a one day window to cancel without having to pay for an additional month and if you are out of contract that means you will pay the non "discounted" or deal rate, so for us it would mean paying an additional month at €89.95. Madness...clearly opportunistic not allowing people to give +30 notice trying to sting them for an additional month. So glad to be getting rid of them, their sh*t internet, their service and one of the worst set top boxes on the market.

That's not true from my experience. They've had no issues in the past accepting my cancellation 40+ days in advance. Equally, I've only left 25 days etc. before and you don't pay for an entire month. You pay for 5 days at the no discounted rate.

They're relatively easy to deal with

bren2001 wrote: »
    That's not true from my experience. They've had no issues in the past accepting my cancellation 40+ days in advance. Equally, I've only left 25 days etc. before and you don't pay for an entire month. You pay for 5 days at the no discounted rate.

They're relatively easy to deal with

We sought clarification on two separate calls which confirmed as much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,058 ✭✭✭bren2001

We sought clarification on two separate calls which confirmed as much.

I'm just going on past experience with them. As well as doing it all for my parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭paddy19

"They will not accept notice +30 days".

This is BS.

It's a minimum of 30 days.
    They cannot make you inform them on a specific day.

Crazy stuff, sounds like a rep on a retention bonus getting ahead of themselves.

In fairness I found Virgin generally good for cancellation.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭asharkman

I got told this too. They'd cancel 30 days from the call.

paddy19 wrote: »

This is BS.

Crazy stuff, sounds like a rep on a retention bonus getting ahead of themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭asharkman

chirin wrote: »
    Out of contract now and looking to get the Full House 500 bundle but I don't think any sort of pursuading will get me near the price a new customer will get. For a new customer it will cost €74 p/m, plus the €30 activation fee, less the boards one for all of €50, so a total of €868 for year 1.

Do you think as an existing customer they'll give me anything close to this? Otherwise I'll just get my partner to sign up.

Yea, well i called up, as an existing out of contract customer and threatened to quit and they gave me half price for 6 months and reduced the price of my second box. So give them a call.
    My buddy went down the route of getting the partner to register and said it was a good bit of hassle.
    Worth a call anyway.
    See what they say.

paddy19 wrote: »

This is BS.

Right paddy, you’ve two people who have verified this, but it’s 3 because myself and my wife have made to calls to confirm this. So I’ve a reminder call on their day of cancellation.

Calling it BS is naive and insulting to someone who has had spent time on the phone twice to clarify this and try and help people out on advising as much.

As for the other lad that replied to me, see the above. Things change, companies try and maximise profits, your love in with virgin might change also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭flexcon

Calling it BS is naive and insulting to someone who has had spent time on the phone twice to clarify this and try and help people out on advising as much.

Unfortunately, some forums just become a hyperbole of Language at times.
    It's never ok to not know something.
    It's never ok to be unsure.
    ALWAYS you vs them.
    ALWAYS double down on your point with force.
    ALWAYS defend to the death your viewpoint even when it's increasingly looking likely it's wrong.

In this case, to call it BS is so extreme it's laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Heads up for anyone who got this offer that the 12 month period is probably just about over for most people. Has anyone contacted Virgin and got a good deal to stay with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭thebronze14

Heads up for anyone who got this offer that the 12 month period is probably just about over for most people. Has anyone contacted Virgin and got a good deal to stay with them?
    No. Basically offering something like 44.50 for 6 months and then 89 for 6 and that is without Sky Sports. Sky's offer isn't much better tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

But Sky broadband is usually slower right? My contract runs out next month. I am thinking whether to switch to Sky for TV and stay with Virgin for the Broadband.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Closing this up before it becomes another cancellation thread.
    We already have a cancellation thread here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement