Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ashes 2019

Options

Comments

Denly dropped. Terrible from Harris.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,826 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Rank bad decision, looked to pitch about a foot outside leg, going a foot over the stumps. That’s fûcking useless umpiring. The umpiring in this series has been dreadful.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Denly dropped. Terrible from Harris.

Think he put down a chance in the Stokes miracle innings also.

He probably scores a double century in the next innings, but initial impressions of him aren't the most favorable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

We have a winner for worst decision of the summer. I know its politically incorrect to make Stevie Wonder jokes anymore, but I just mentioned him anyway, the openers survived, don't know how but England lead by 78.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Australia are going to be kicking themselves tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

We have a winner for worst decision of the summer. I know its politically incorrect to make Stevie Wonder jokes anymore, but I just mentioned him anyway, the openers survived, don't know how but England lead by 78.
    Don't know about that. Joel Wilson had some shockers in the early tests.

kmart6 wrote: »
    Don't know about that. Joel Wilson had some shockers in the early tests.

It’s been the negative about this series from match one right through... the quality of the cricket has been excellent but the standard of the umpiring has detracted from the overall quality of this Ashes. Wilson has been particularly guilty of low standards of performance but others haven’t fared too much better..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,031 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

The decision to put England in looking better as the time goes by :) reminds me of the time Ponting did it, he actually had a competent batting line up though Jesus these lads are just ****e mostly.

I'd say some of them have lumped in the drawn series given some of the shots that have been played.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Things going Englands way but could be a lot left in this match yet. No batsman has seem settled in any way over past two days.

Been a good summer for the bowling over there between the WC and this series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

These two seem to be settling in on a good batting wicket. Chance to put England out of sight today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Happy4all wrote: »
    These two seem to be settling in on a good batting wicket. Chance to put England out of sight today

Looks dat way but I wouldn't doubt England's ability to find a way to lose!

Nah Australia lost this in their first innings, whatever about the toss. The batting just has not been good enough by either team but England have a good strong lead and I think they should close this one out over the next couple of days

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭VillaMad

England not scoring particularly quickly but are slowly building a healthy lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,110 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

between the reviews and catches!! langer must be pulling his hair out

I don't know how Australia can be so bad with the reviews. Paine is an experienced wicketkeeper. You'd think he should have a fair idea of what looks out and what doesn't.

VillaMad wrote: »
    England not scoring particularly quickly but are slowly building a healthy lead.

Still over two days to go and the possibility of Butler coming in to add quick runs.

I’m the happiest I’ve been this series.

Labuschagne can pipe down. Constantly badgering, arguing and trying to intimidate and influence the umpire. Says a lot when his colleague is pulling him away.

A great delivery in fairness. Lyon needed one Stokes looking in sublime form.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Denly missed the ton 94. 222-4 and nearly 300 ahead, looking good for England.

Denly played beautifully. He got a very good delivery in fairness to send him on his way but he was aggressive and played with good attacking intent scoring all around the ground with a variety of shots.

• Advertisement

Fireworks time?

318 lead with 5 wickets in hand and with who is at the crease it might be time for the English lads to go more attacking for the remainder of the session, a lead of about 380/390 by close could be attainable.

The commentary, WARNE is threading a thin line with that song

Another great catch from Smith.

Edit: And Labuschagne follows him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

Marnus follows him up.

so smith needs 224 in the 2nd innings to beat bradmans record of most runs in a series. i hope TF he does it.

good day for england

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

What'll the Aussie tactics be tomorrow do you think? Try and get the last quickly and make a go of it? Or slow down the scoring without taking wickets and encourage Eng to bat as long as possible. Then play for a draw to win series 2-1?

BarryD2 wrote: »
    What'll the Aussie tactics be tomorrow do you think? Try and get the last quickly and make a go of it? Or slow down the scoring without taking wickets and encourage Eng to bat as long as possible. Then play for a draw to win series 2-1?

england have always been conservative when coming to declarations. I think aus will try and slow the game down as much as possible and hope for the draw

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

Odds

England 1/6
    Draw 60/1
    Australia 6/1

If you fancy a draw you can lump it on and perhaps come a rich man.

More likely is Australia will get rolled over it two sessions.

• Advertisement

That's more likely alright. Barring Smith there just isn't any resistance there in all honesty and the mental fragility of both teams has shone through at times. Given the match situation and series situation obviously I can see them blowing through Australia by the early tomorrow if not by the end of the day

Advertisement