Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Ashes 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

400 over 2 days, Australia can win this, unlikely due to to the form of their batters outside Smith and Labuschagne, but they can definitely win it

Warne putting the commentators curse on Warner for sure.

Warne putting the commentators curse on Warner for sure.

He definitely put it on Harris, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 16,023 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

pathetic from harris

pathetic from harris

It was a good delivery but poor series for Harris. He shouldn't have been picked for this test. Could be a while before he's picked again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭Anjobe

Bye bye Davey, good riddance

That's it I'd say. Australia needed one of their openers to make a big score if they were to have any chance of winning or holding out for a draw, especially with the likes of Wade, Marsh and Paine to come in. It's not the strongest middle order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Very disappointing from Warner & Harris, they were due to put in a decent start. Their continued failure just undermines the rest of the innings.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Interesting stat from the beeb
    The average opening partnership for both teams is 12.55 and that is the lowest in a five-Test series ever.

That's it I'd say. Australia needed one of their openers to make a big score if they were to have any chance of winning or holding out for a draw, especially with the likes of Wade, Marsh and Paine to come in. It's not the strongest middle order.

Yep, start packing the bags now, although 365 is still doable over 2 days, i feel it all depends on Labuschagne staying with Smith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Even if they both had managed to get 20 or 30 it would have made things a bit interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,023 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

marnus stumped

Criminal to get out like that!

Can't see anything other than an England win now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

All well and truly over now

Happy4all wrote: »
    All well and truly over now

It was over after the 4th test ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Really blown a chance to take an ashes series win back home. Long time now since Australia won a test series in England

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Sin é.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Think he put down a chance in the Stokes miracle innings also.

He probably scores a double century in the next innings, but initial impressions of him aren't the most favorable.

Looked very poor this series. Warner has an excellent record in Australia so he gets the next home series but I hope they bring back Burns. His dropping was absurd especially when you look at Bancroft and Harris.

Poor from Marsh when himself and Wade were building a half decent partnership. No need to play a shot at all.

Archer needs to work on his stare. He looks a bit ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭sliabh 1956

England are poor seeing that they could not win a home series against the worst Australian Batsmen in many a year excluding Mr Smith England were literally playing against one man and he missed 3 innings to make it easier for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Sad to see David Gower go, I don't agree with pushing him out against his will. I won't miss Botham however.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,804 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Sad to see David Gower go, I don't agree with pushing him out against his will. I won't miss Botham however.

Its a strange one, I know both of the guys have been in the chairs for a considerable amount of time but both provide very high levels of insight and experience as well as having achieved a hell of a lot as players at the very highest level in the game....

Whoever comes in will have huge shoes to fill in terms of credibility, experience and a technical side to punditry that the joe soaps like us of course wouldn’t understand the machinations of...but that would be no doubt hugely crucial as regards the ability to carry off the job.

Too that team has always had a nice and diverse blend of characters and personalities that made each commentary segment interesting, entertaining and eventful even when play was not.

Now we’ll be likely subjected to the nice and safe tones and demographics of human beings more in keeping with being ‘safe’ and keeping people happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭decies

Well this 4th test was screwed for Australia after that extraordinary decision at the coin toss coupled with playing siddle and Marsh in same team . I laugh when I see English fans 2/2 was fair result, Aussies basically blew the series win . Still on reflection the Aussies have to be happy retaining the ashes excluding the obvious with the worst battling line up certainly in my memory . I have to say an ashes series imho is so far ahead in terms of interest and excitement in showcasing the best of test cricket then other series .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

This completely passed me by. What a shame.

It's strange that they are letting him go but keeping the likes of Lloyd and Willis, who are a good bit older than him. Suggests that it's not an age thing, on the face of it. I'm sorry to see him go. I like his relaxed style.

I believe they're giving the anchor role to Isa Guha, he appears to be a victim of the quest for diversity. I think it's the wrong call, he had a few years left in him and will be missed by many.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

Isn't Ian Ward getting it?

Isa Gusha hasn't done much presenting, just another pundit.

Hmm, I'd read something about her getting it a few months back but doesn't seem to be much on it now. Makes even less sense if they're giving it to Ian Ward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,804 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I like Ward, he has a nice presenting style, knowledgeable, played international cricket

Advertisement