Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway – the city of rain and self-aggrandisement?

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

As opposed to spending €7/8 on a shtink Guinness or Heineken in Dublin? I know where my money would go. It would be on a well made, highly regarded, flavourful, local product. Each to their own though, Dubs enjoy their heroin and Guinness, who am I to tell them not to.

I like IPA but they all pretty much taste the exact same with some subtle differences. Grapefruit basically. I don't know why so many different kinds with different fancy labels are required. Plus they charge 3.50 and sh*t for cans of the stuff in off licences which is just nuts. Still good to see though as 15 years ago all you could get were the usual bud heino mullarkey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭the dark phantom

Galway is a nice friendly spot, The media and pub talk put labels and spin on places, Cork the real capital, Limerick stab city, Dublin west brits Belfast dangerous and its just the same crap with Galway, Strip away the bull**** and its just the same grey dreary traffic clogged town as every other Irish town. If you want to see why Galway will always have bad traffic just look at every arterial road that leads away from the city in a 15km radius !! No public transport can solve that nor will a by-pass. The removal of roundabouts and the installation of traffic lights could well be the noose that will strangle the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

If you want to see why Galway will always have bad traffic just look at every arterial road that leads away from the city in a 15km radius !!

Do you mean bungalows, one after another? I was in Killarney earlier this year to climb Carrauntoohil and on the way out of Killarney going home it was just a constant stream of houses. You can't really provide public transport for that. Total lack of planning.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

I went to college in Galway and loved it - combines all the benefits of a big city without actually being a big city - anyone who doesn't like Galway most likely hates themselves

Somebody who went to college?

My word..you must be an expert on all matters,no?

Especially the thriving bedsit and buckfast scene I'll wager.

Bloody students.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

Bloody students.

And who are you?? Another pumped up little dub. I have lived in both cities for a reasonable period of time and whatever galway receives in grants in relation to arts/cultural festivals, it more than pays back in taxes so get your facts straight.

Living in Dublin, the amount of money you see wasted on social welfare recipients is absolutely disgraceful. I would love to see its net contribution to the country overall. Also, we have to look at the fact that Dublin is favored over a lot of the rest of the country when it comes to IDA.

You'd want to shut up before you get smacked the f**k up. Pm me if you'd like to continue the conversation further.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,335 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Bloody students.

Tis better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than open one’s mouth and remove all doubt.

You'd want to shut up before you get smacked the f**k up. Pm me if you'd like to continue the conversation further.

Calm your dreddlocks there Jimbo...don't let your filthy fingers be typing a cheque your crusty ass can't cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

What are you, like 8 or something?

This is an online conversation, you're not from Galway anyway. Nobody who spent time there was ever that aggressive.

Seathrun66 wrote:
    Tis better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than open one’s mouth and remove all doubt.

The snack box philosopher of Eyre Square has spoken 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 8,335 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

The snack box philosopher of Eyre Square has spoken ��

Ah, discovered at last.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

1-AD9-DF25-79-C4-4647-A586-3-AC94-B4-BF2-E3.jpg
    upload image on web

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

What Galway does have, and no-one can deny this now: It has the finest collection of dogs on strings in the world, and I include Bristol in that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

Calm your dreddlocks there Jimbo...don't let your filthy fingers be typing a cheque your crusty ass can't cash.

Still waiting on that pm little punk, I live in Dublin now aswell so could meet you extra quick

Mod-Banned

• Registered Users Posts: 4,348 ✭✭✭Homelander

Still waiting on that pm little punk, I live in Dublin now aswell so could meet you extra quick

Is there anything to be said for a call out video?

"Twas you started this internet ****e, though I don't know how you managed to type in the first place with the dirty rat like nails on ya, ya filthy crusty bastard."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-Thread locked. Was going to move this to the Galway forum but it'll take ages to clean up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement