Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭CoBo55

unkel wrote: »
    Yup and 6 months PSV tax left on it :D

When that runs out the tax is €1,200 per year though, unless you fraudulently keep the PSV tax going...

Without the vehicle PSV licence number it can't be renewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Acquiescence

Are we allowed post our own car in here :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Are we allowed post our own car in here :o

Yes, perfectly fine once it fits the bangernomics criteria

This is mine so

05 Corolla
    Tax 12/19
    NCT 05/20
    €650

It is as it reads in the ad, has been in my immediate family from new. Selling because it's not used enough to justify its existence as evidenced by NCT odometer readings.

I'm going to have another look for the second key today.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Your ad is very honest. Probably too honest! Good luck with the sale

Used to have a chilli red corolla saloon as a company car back in the day and got a bit attached to it for whatever reason.

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Your ad is very honest. Probably too honest! Good luck with the sale

Used to have a chilli red corolla saloon as a company car back in the day and got a bit attached to it for whatever reason.

I went for a spin in it yesterday to pick up it's hubcaps and it's actually a great car for what it is. My other car is a fiesta ST and they're the total opposite experience but there's some strange enjoyment out of the corolla. I know the ad is probably too honest but I hate haggling, it is what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

Back bumper tidied up on that and a clean set of wheel trims, and not a thing wrong with it!
    Think you have it well priced taking the bumper into account, and should sell it no hassle. GLWS

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Photos in better light and with caps on wheels.

Less of tyres also.

Try take when car isn't damp including pic of inside windscreen.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volvo-c70-auto-tax-amp-n-c-t/23567816

ZDA3NjcxZTJhNTcxMmU5YzM5NmFhYjAyMWU5N2ZmMziLrzSEYUc0K_VgkCLIWSd3aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzcwMTIwMzh8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

1 owner, Irish car, claimed 72k miles, NCT til June 2020, tax til December - €1350

A lot of car for a shade over a grand. Stick a fresh test on it next Summer and its surely €2/2500 all day long.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/saab-9-5-aero-hot-260-bhp-auto/23162666?campaign=3

N2JkNzI5NDE4NjBiYWI4Y2E2YjUzMjg0YTc1NjUzMzT_A53IlFy98d_rE4MN1OgYaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzM5MjIxNDZ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

260 bhp 9-5, years test, tax til Jan, premium tyres, seemingly well looked after and with good history, €1850

I wouldn't be the biggest fan of these in the world, but this looks like it would be a very nice buy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,223 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Taxed for the next 3 days :D

Great looking car though, probably very well kept. Not many people in the market for one. I'd say a pretty rude (3 figure) cash offer would get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/saab-9-5-aero-hot-260-bhp-auto/23162666?campaign=3

N2JkNzI5NDE4NjBiYWI4Y2E2YjUzMjg0YTc1NjUzMzT_A53IlFy98d_rE4MN1OgYaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzM5MjIxNDZ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

260 bhp 9-5, years test, tax til Jan, premium tyres, seemingly well looked after and with good history, €1850

I wouldn't be the biggest fan of these in the world, but this looks like it would be a very nice buy.
    Me like.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Taxed for the next 3 days :D

Great looking car though, probably very well kept. Not many people in the market for one. I'd say a pretty rude (3 figure) cash offer would get it.

Only 30 minutes from my house it would be rude not to call!

Go for it! Could be one of the bargains of the year. Not many countries where you can pick up a classy, stylish car like that for so little money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭barry181091

That's lovely - and around 29.8MPG according to honest john. Really not bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Cant see the story of how much tax is left on it, but annual tax is low - think this qualifies as bangernomics, assuming NCT and Tax are in date.

2008 Ford Focus C-MAX 1.6L diesel

220,361 kms / 136,925 miles

Asking for €2K

https://www.adverts.ie/car/ford/focus-c-max/2008-ford-focus-c-max/19289842

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Cheap if a bit risky
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/06-freelander-diesel/23600862
    No interior pics
    Nct til June next year.

Thats actually very appealing! Pity its in Cork. I still haven't bought anything since getting rid of the Civic

Thats actually very appealing! Pity its in Cork. I still haven't bought anything since getting rid of the Civic

A mate had one and hated it, I think they look well and at that price as long as it went and stopped til the nct youd be doing ok.
    Here's an A6 estate in clare
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2005-audi-a6/23605279
    Fairly sure I've seen that reg up before.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Furzy

Truckermal wrote: »
    We need a mini Luxobarge thread...:D:D

Long time Saab owner (20 years) ‘93 9000, ‘96 9000, 02 9-3, 04 9-5 and 03 9-5 (all 2.0t). I tried several times but could not bring myself to buy one of those 06-09 9-5s. They felt cheap and plastic inside and outside (just feel the front grille) and were more rattley with a firmer ride than previous iterations - possibly more a drivers car but just didn’t feel like a Saab (probably much more a Vectra feel about them). So if you’re thinking of going for a Saab I’d strongly recommend that you compare the 02-05 model with the later one before making a decision. I ended up buying a Lexus instead (albeit an Rx400h) and am very happy with it if not with the ridiculously high tax for a hybrid that is more economical on petrol than the Saab 9-5. I think a decent 9-5 would be the ideal step-down from your Lexus.

• Advertisement

terrydel wrote: »
    Cheap if a bit risky
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/06-freelander-diesel/23600862
    No interior pics
    Nct til June next year.

Rock solid BMW diesel engine. If you're in a hilly area it will see you through the winter (chances are much higher than they were a decade or two ago that we are getting serious snow again)

Furzy wrote: »
    Long time Saab owner (20 years) ‘93 9000, ‘96 9000, 02 9-3, 04 9-5 and 03 9-5 (all 2.0t). I tried several times but could not bring myself to buy one of those 06-09 9-5s. They felt cheap and plastic inside and were more rattley with a firmer ride than previous iterations

Really? I always thought the facelift model was the exact same car but with some minor stuff like the Dame Edna chrome glasses added :)

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Furzy

Really? I always thought the facelift model was the exact same car but with some minor stuff like the Dame Edna chrome glasses added :)

I actually test drove four of them (two before first 95 purchase and two before the second) and felt the same way about them all. One feature I distinctly remember is that the seats felt shallower and the ‘leather’ had a slippery plastic feel. On two occasions I had ‘co-pilots’ and they each commented on this. Seats in the Aero model were much better - like the Vector in previous models.

I'll take your word for it. By then the end was nigh for Saab and the bean counters in Opel / GM must have found ways to cut costs. Maybe wise for someone in the market for a Dame Edna to test drive a few of pre and post facelift cars and do a bit of research.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭73bc61lyohr0mu

I'll take your word for it. By then the end was nigh for Saab and the bean counters in Opel / GM must have found ways to cut costs. Maybe wise for someone in the market for a Dame Edna to test drive a few of pre and post facelift cars and do a bit of research.

I had a 03 9-5 aero up to a few weeks ago. What a machine. I've had a 9-3 Aero and a 9-5 Aero. Just something about a Saab that I love..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Rock solid BMW diesel engine. If you're in a hilly area it will see you through the winter (chances are much higher than they were a decade or two ago that we are getting serious snow again)

Would that not be a dodgy timing chain one?

I live rurally with 3 km of dreadful roads before reaching some form of civilisation. Also have two big dogs that love running around in the woods and lakes, so one of them or something similar really appeals.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭raddo

Lads, kinda interested in a mk2 Skoda Octavia vRS that is coming in around Bangernomics money.
    Any info / pitfalls / etc before I go see it?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Petrol or diesel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭raddo

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Petrol or diesel?

Diesel

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement