Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭rn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭gooner99

• Registered Users Posts: 19 frenchpoodle

Hi Duke, I pm'd you yesterday ,about buying this car, I was wondering did you get it ? its first pm I sent so im not sure. thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭73bc61lyohr0mu

My own car lads. The joys of having your rent increased and loosing your job. Saab 95 Aero.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/saab-95-aero/23459404

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

That's crap.
    Hope you get it sold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭RINO87

Hi Duke, I pm'd you yesterday ,about buying this car, I was wondering did you get it ? its first pm I sent so im not sure. thanks

Ha ha I tried to PM Duke too about the Corolla and it says his inbox is full! Not surprised, cracker of a car. Duke if we are not too late, can you PM your number too please?

My own car lads. The joys of having your rent increased and loosing your job. Saab 95 Aero.

That's a shame. Did your focus sell in the end or can you fall back on it?

RINO87 wrote: »
    That's a shame. Did your focus sell in the end or can you fall back on it?

I sold the focus to buy this. I'll just have to do without a car for a while until I sort myself out financially..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

RINO87 wrote: »
    Ha ha I tried to PM Duke too about the Corolla and it says his inbox is full! Not surprised, cracker of a car. Duke if we are not too late, can you PM your number too please?

Sorry, I didn't realise that. The Corolla is more or less gone - and there is a bit of a queue for it. But I have some other similiarly nice cars. I won't flood the thread with them, but I will pm you my number.

Sorry, I didn't realise that. The Corolla is more or less gone - and there is a bit of a queue for it. But I have some other similiarly nice cars. I won't flood the thread with them, but I will pm you my number.

Cheers Duke, it's a friend that's looking so will pass it on. Not surprised with the interest in the Corolla at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Jesus, sorry to read that. Hope you find a new job soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭doctorchopper

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

Sorry to hear that!

I am interested in these cars but always get mixed reviews on them for repairs and parts.

Since Saab is gone do mechanics find these cars easy to fix and source OEM
    Parts? I’m seriously considering grabbing one for some fun for 6 months. Christ 250hp is mental.

flexcon wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that!

I am interested in these cars but always get mixed reviews on them for repairs and parts.

Since Saab is gone do mechanics find these cars easy to fix and source OEM
    Parts? I’m seriously considering grabbing one for some fun for 6 months. Christ 250hp is mental.

They're very reliable. I had a 93 Aero before and it was bulletproof. The diesels are supposed to be less reliable. Parts are very easy to get. Same chassis as an opel vectra. But a much much better car..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭rn

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volvo-s40-new-nct-high-spec-model-2008/21976595 a nice looking volvo, just brought in to range. Petrol in Roscommon... It's a diesel county!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Happily take this if it was insurable :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭6541

Kilboor wrote: »

Just wondering can you just ring up your insurance and say I am thinking of buying this, will you insure me ? Any pitfalls in doing this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

6541 wrote: »
    Just wondering can you just ring up your insurance and say I am thinking of buying this, will you insure me ? Any pitfalls in doing this ?

Get reg and put it into quote.
    They will want reg and all model information if you call.

Best thing to do is ring your current insurer and say you’re looking to swap your cover over onto another car, tends to be quicker than ringing up as if you’re a new customer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Yep, just ring who you are with and give them the reg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭jharr100

jharr100 wrote: »

I've been looking at that a while now, it started at 2250 last week and is slowly dropping. Its tempting me. I wouldn't mind something 2 litre or thereabouts for my next bangernomics car. Looks great in that colour with those wheels. If it was a W210 it'd be even better..

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Pekarirska

Liberty quoted me €850 vs benchmark €550 for a standard car TFT.

Insurable indeed.

I know too, much time on my hand my better half shopping ;-) but it's a lovely car!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭jharr100

I've been looking at that a while now, it started at 2250 last week and is slowly dropping. Its tempting me. I wouldn't mind something 2 litre or thereabouts for my next bangernomics car. Looks great in that colour with those wheels. If it was a W210 it'd be even better..

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/01-merc-e200-kompressor-auto-new-nct-96k-miles/23286089

I've this saved for a while...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Pekarirska wrote: »
    Liberty quoted me €850 vs benchmark €550 for a standard car TFT.

Insurable indeed.

I know too, much time on my hand my better half shopping ;-) but it's a lovely car!

I've been told my insurer won't cover this (RSA). Oh well...

Ditto.... Would need to be a second car tho as I couldn't use it as a daily. Is it true that a NCB will only apply to one car?

On the other hand I could register it in my better half's name, tho she only has named driving experience on my car. 5 years experience tho.

In regards to my 95 Aero I'm shocked how much interest I've had in it in less than 24 hours. Loads of messages and phone calls. Even had a viewing. Over 700 views on DD. I thought being an older big engined car I'd struggle..

In regards to my 95 Aero I'm shocked how much interest I've had in it in less than 24 hours. Loads of messages and phone calls. Even had a viewing. Over 700 views on DD. I thought being an older big engined car I'd struggle..

A certain clientele - niche but I'd imagine you won't be dealing with idiots on this one. Probably people who know what that car is, and how to take car of it etc.

Best of luck with the sale and hope the funds cover the rent for a while!

flexcon wrote: »
    A certain clientele - niche but I'd imagine you won't be dealing with idiots on this one. Probably people who know what that car is, and how to take car of it etc.

Best of luck with the sale and hope the funds cover the rent for a while!

The issue I’ve found with Saab buyers is, a good majority of them think that they are experts, will expect perfection for pennies and will nitpick at everything, on a 1k car.

Hopefully you don’t run into one of this crowd though jacksie!

• Advertisement

The issue I’ve found with Saab buyers is, a good majority of them think that they are experts, will expect perfection for pennies and will nitpick at everything, on a 1k car.

Hopefully you don’t run into one of this crowd though jacksie!

Or Ironically Jacksie is one of them buyers and the car is in great condition :P:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement