Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

2003 mini petrol

999 eur

http://www.adverts.ie/21207460

• Registered Users Posts: 8,768 ✭✭✭CoBo55

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    If it's true he's spent the money on it they're not the worst but you would probably find an aero model for not a whole lot more and they're far better imo.

What's the aero? I've never heard of it.

CoBo55 wrote: »
    What's the aero? I've never heard of it.

Wondering audi advert and saab one ( aero edition ) were mixed up

kalkat2002 wrote: »
    Wondering audi advert and saab one ( aero edition ) were mixed up

Yep, that makes sense..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,417 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Chatting to a lad in work last night about cars. He’s been rocking a 99’ Passat for the guts of 10 years. He paid €600 for it, picked up another one with a blown engine for scrap and has passed every NCT for those last 10 years using donor parts from the scrap car.

I’ve dropped more than €2000 on my own car in the year I’ve owned it.

Absolute legend!

• Advertisement

The 110 bhp one was certainly a legend of a car, the headlights are so bad they're almost dangerous but they're lovely to drive and fantastic on diesel. Very very hard to find a decent one now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

100/110 bhp was such a big deal back then too.

CoBo55 wrote: »
    The 110 bhp one was certainly a legend of a car, the headlights are so bad they're almost dangerous but they're lovely to drive and fantastic on diesel. Very very hard to find a decent one now.

Yeah it’s the 110 version. Just ticked over 400,000km too. I love these success stories. Makes me want to buy a sub €500 and garage the other ones that cost an arm and a leg to keep on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,889 ✭✭✭selectamatic

The driveability of the 110 was a bit of a game changer for 4 cylinder turbo diesel cars at the time.

The vnt turbos made for a quick spool yet they still had a pretty broad power band. And they're seriously economical.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭3d4life

Whats this was ?

Still is ( for me at any rate ) :p

( in other news, anyone else find fancy diesel sorting sticking turbo vanes issue ? )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

My first Passat was a 1999 90bhp and bought it for €300 and kept it for 18 months
    Driving it handy (not slow, but sticking to speed limits) on long runs, I got over 60mpg on a few occasions, but averaged about 55-56
    I went on to buy 5 more Passats after that, but once I moved to the B6, they kinda lost the appeal for me, but they will do serious miles if looked after any way right at all
    I had 2 of them that went over 500,00kms and sold them on still driving great

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Have an 02 100bhp Bora from new. Still going strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Yeah, it's actually a Mk3, yeah the 2.0 is slow and yeah they did forget the rear window when they replaced the roof but i think this looks really nice for €1k.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/vw-golf-cabrio-convertible-nct-06-21/25599756

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Behind you Joey

Picked this up for near the banger limit a couple of weeks back. 110,000 miles, two previous owners and a part service history. Pumped a bit of money into her including a major service (6 spark plugs, new discs & pads, new bushing, oil, oil filter, air filter and stabiliser mounting), new Pirelli's all round and an alloy refurb & paint.

Very happy with how she came out and more importantly, how it drives. It's the smoothest and most comfortable car I've owned to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Picked this up for near the banger limit a couple of weeks back. 110,000 miles, two previous owners and a part service history. Pumped a bit of money into her including a major service (6 spark plugs, new discs & pads, new bushing, oil, oil filter, air filter and stabiliser mounting), new Pirelli's all round and an alloy refurb & paint.

Very happy with how she came out and more importantly, how it drives. It's the smoothest and most comfortable car I've owned to date.

Mark Levinson stereo?

Watch out for any Ford Focus if you have

Mark Levinson stereo?

Watch out for any Ford Focus if you have

Unfortunately not, executive spec mind so the usual: auto with paddles, heated & cooled electric seats, lumbar support, heated windscreen, cruise, etc.

Unfortunately not, executive spec mind so the usual: auto with paddles, heated & cooled electric seats, lumbar support, heated windscreen, cruise, etc.

Lot of car for the money. It’s a pity the diesels were such rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Looks to be spotless in the snaps. Out of curiosity how much did the alloy refurb and paint set you back?

search?q=isf+alloy+wheels&sxsrf=ALeKk010M_orJ7Ozv20Pbw-2t5BQYoX1fg:1596964190244&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjm5Jya443rAhVGSRUIHZ0mAd8Q_AUoAXoECAsQAw&biw=1440&bih=702#imgrc=zSXofiyt4Bno7M&imgdii=T7WbVOnVaaBVlM
    Looks to be spotless in the snaps. Out of curiosity how much did the alloy refurb and paint set you back?

Cheers. The wheels were in a dreadful state of repair. I found a local lad who did them here in the West after much looking, he charged me €300 for sandblasting, priming and spraying.

I actually wanted them gun metal grey similar to the IS-F wheels of that era but they came out quite dark. I was worried that it would look a bit too aggressive/shkyboi but I think it actually works well with the grey.

90/110.

• Advertisement

Here's a before & after.

Here's a before & after.

CN on a yellow plate.... Guess who his target audience are?

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭ek motor

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Still too expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭slipperyox

Prentice alloy clinic up north £55 a corner for alloy wheel refurb (powder coated)
    can beat that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

OWQ4NjI5YmQ0MjQxMjNiNTk5MzUzODgzM2Y2ZTljMTX845IP7dGkEk0HkFHG16YnaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTM0NjIzNTJ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Its not THAT long ago, that the post 2008 Laguna & Fluence diesels started arriving in this thread
    Already we are reaching the point where the 2008 models are nearly half the Bangernomics limit!

2008 1.5 DCi Laguna (270 yearly tax)
    NCT until January 2021
    Asking €1299

bear1 wrote: »
    Still too expensive
    Ah probably ok for the money in fairness. Probably suit the likes of an older guy who might have reason to ferry the grandchildren around from time to time and who has stopped caring about image a while back.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/peugeot-207-hdi-a-c-nct9-21-low-miles/25493090?campaign=3
    2008 Peugeot 207 1.4 dsl,
    119k miles;
    NCT 09/2021 and recently serviced;
    €200 p.a. motor tax;
    Asking €1,700

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭newboard

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    Its not THAT long ago, that the post 2008 Laguna & Fluence diesels started arriving in this thread
    Already we are reaching the point where the 2008 models are nearly half the Bangernomics limit!

2008 1.5 DCi Laguna (270 yearly tax)
    NCT until January 2021
    Asking €1299

Are these 2008 models terrible?

• Advertisement

2004 mercedes c 200 petrol

1200 eur

http://www.adverts.ie/21215399

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement