Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

kalkat2002 wrote: »
    2006 Mercedes Benz E 200 petrol
    1375 eur
    http://www.adverts.ie/21140941

That Merc looks very good.
    Considering there is still 5 months tax and NCT until January, along with the timing chain replacement, it could be well worth a shot for somebody! ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    That Merc looks very good.
    Considering there is still 5 months tax and NCT until January, along with the timing chain replacement, it could be well worth a shot for somebody! ;)

Ad withdrawn now.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

2005 volvo s40 1.8 petrol

1100 eur

http://www.adverts.ie/21143916

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭trixiebust

No it does not. Just change it, the intelligence is in the fuse board (CEM) and because it is a funny plastic key all you do is fit it.

Is the car available still?

Still available yep. New bangernomics bought already. DM me if you want

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭gooner99

trixiebust wrote: »
    Still available yep. New bangernomics bought already. DM me if you want

What did you go for this time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭trixiebust

gooner99 wrote: »
    What did you go for this time?

Chavellers choice haha..an Avensis. Locally owned & serviced since new. Garage gave it a full service, new tyre & pads for €1500. Boring dependable & reliable, just what I was after.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-camry-2005/25541589

YTZmOWQ0YmIxOGM2NjNiMTRmYzIyNDI1YjRiNzBmNDdNaPQoft-lCUShOsKSVDPRaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTI5MTA1NTJ8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Nice looking Camry automatic with NCT til March 2021 and a bit of tax for €2000.

Not sure if they sell for this kind of money, but any that appear on Donedeal seem to be priced high. Wouldn’t mind trying one at some stage

• Registered Users Posts: 73,392 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I just don’t get Camrys. I’ve sold a few and driven more. Yeah they’re dependable, but they’ve really got the most basic of interiors with smatterings of fake wood, there’s no style there, the gearboxes are either a slushy auto or a manual with a very strange gear lever. Then there’s the 2.4 engine which sounds like a Hoover.

I quite like the 80s Camry though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

That camry. Mat on the dash never seen one of those before.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,211 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

it is truly bizarre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,392 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Weather must get hot in Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 6,267 ✭✭✭alias no.9

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I just don’t get Camrys. I’ve sold a few and driven more. Yeah they’re dependable, but they’ve really got the most basic of interiors with smatterings of fake wood, there’s no style there, the gearboxes are either a slushy auto or a manual with a very strange gear lever. Then there’s the 2.4 engine which sounds like a Hoover.

Think of it as a Corolla built for America and it makes sense can be understood

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭gooner99

trixiebust wrote: »
    Chavellers choice haha..an Avensis. Locally owned & serviced since new. Garage gave it a full service, new tyre & pads for €1500. Boring dependable & reliable, just what I was after.

Hard to go too far wrong with an Avensis.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

colm_mcm wrote: »

I suppose if you couldn’t afford a GS300 it was the next best thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I was looking for a reliable compact car under 2k.

Ended up with this:

521841.jpg

521842.jpg

521843.jpg

521844.jpg

521845.jpg

NCT till June 21 (covid extention - originally until 02/21), taxed until end of September 20.

Front suspension needs some work now, but otherwise can be driven.

I paid 1200, I think I could have easily haggle it down to 1k max, but the body was just perfect and the blue colour was and is beautiful.

Pray for me guys. I mean it ;)

1.8 Twin Spark btw.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 387 ✭✭Ta ceist agam

Did you buy the Alfa on the 3rd June or just today?

That's some car for 1200 euro, beautiful!

Did you buy the Alfa on the 3rd June or just today?

That's some car for 1200 euro, beautiful!

Nope. Someone got tired of it in the meantime.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 387 ✭✭Ta ceist agam

wonski wrote: »
    Nope. Someone got tired of it in the meantime.

I suppose being the 5th owner on a 14 year old car is reasonable.

Looks lovely and a lot more expensive.

Economical?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

wonski wrote: »
    I was looking for a reliable compact car under 2k.

Ended up with this:

521841.jpg

NCT till June 21 (covid extention - originally until 02/21), taxed until end of September 20.

Front suspension needs some work now, but otherwise can be driven.

I paid 1200, I think I could have easily haggle it down to 1k max, but the body was just perfect and the blue colour was and is beautiful.

Pray for me guys. I mean it ;)

1.8 Twin Spark btw.

Well wear. Love the Alfas. That one looks particularly clean.

I suppose being the 5th owner on a 14 year old car is reasonable.

Looks lovely and a lot more expensive.

Economical?

Economical? Mpg economical enough. 1.8 petrol only.

Suspension parts per mile? Not so.

All electric works. That's a bonus :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭selectamatic

[9]https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-camry-2005/25541589[/url]

Nice looking Camry automatic with NCT til March 2021 and a bit of tax for €2000.

Not sure if they sell for this kind of money, but any that appear on Donedeal seem to be priced high. Wouldn’t mind trying one at some stage

I think some of the exporters (one in particular in the Dublin area) give up on €1000 for them and that has put a floor in the market.

2007 seat leon 1.4 petrol

1200 eur

http://www.adverts.ie/21149571

2005 mercedes benz c180 petrol auto

950 eur

http://www.adverts.ie/21149476

2006 vw golf 1.4 petrol

1000 eur

http://www.adverts.ie/21148378

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭horseofstone

I think some of the exporters (one in particular in the Dublin area) give up on €1000 for them and that has put a floor in the market.

People often talk about exporters on this thread. What countries would they be exporting to? And is it always a particular type of car for export, just curious to know?

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭horseofstone

People often talk about exporters on this thread. To what countries do they export? And is their a particular type of car that's popular for export? Just curious to know!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

People often talk about exporters on this thread. To what countries do they export? And is their a particular type of car that's popular for export? Just curious to know!

From my own experience of dealing with an exporter years ago he was shipping out to Nigeria on a regular basis. At the time he was buying up every Hiace he could get his hands on, runners and non runners. He was approaching owners in car parks and anywhere else he saw them, looking to buy.

I had a workhorse that owed me nothing and was an embarrassment for the young lad anytime I had to pick him up so I decided to get rid of it and rang your man. I told him she was mechanically sound with a new battery and 4 new tyres so I'd be looking for a few bob over his normal rate. He told me put 4 bald tyres on it and take out the battery and he'd pay me 800 euro the next day.

He was as good as his word and turned up with the cash, his cousin and a battery to drive her back to base "camp". I asked him what was her destiny and he told me she would be filled with spare engines and other parts and the back and sliding doors would be welded shut for the journey to Nigeria where she would more than likely put a half a million more miles up as they love them over there and can't get enough of them, running or not.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Was in Taiwan last year and you see that everywhere, some of them are really shaggy looking carpet like mats. You see it an odd time too in Thailand.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement