Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭shawty

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

Looks like banger market is moving fast those days...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Oops!

kalkat2002 wrote: »
    Looks like banger market is moving fast those days...;)

Anything will sell quickly when its priced right... Some people don't seem to mind sitting and waiting for big money... There's places full of cars for that reason.

The former would be my way of thinking....

Oops! wrote: »
    Anything will sell quickly when its priced right... Some people don't seem to mind sitting and waiting for big money... There's places full of cars for that reason.

The former would be my way of thinking....

Lockdown & remote working is doing people to get ride of second cars on banger territory imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Oops!

Lockdown & remote working is doing people to get ride of second cars on banger territory imo

It still has to be priced right... Yes i agree there is people now off loading their second car and cutting out the running cost of it....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/peugeot-206-gti-estate-hi-spec-nct-02-21/25476388

NTdmOWFiYzFiMTFiNzk0MGQxMDYwYjkwNjc0ZWVjOWHV8ZaQ2wBYCu5U0ZI288lYaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTIzMjk4OTd8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

206 GTI estate, NCT til 2/21, looks tidy, €1950

Bit dear, but worth including for rarity/novelty value.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,415 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

gooner99 wrote: »
    Ah I see. Makes sense. Might be a good replacement for our 05 corolla hatch. Probably as fuel efficient and reliable?

Yep.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2002-rover-75-cdi-se-connoisseur-115bhp/25483823

ZTY3MGY5NThlMjc4NzY4ZDBiOGRkNzI2NWNkODMxY2Io7Mf5TG-0XOluxelewBHMaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTIzODY4Mjl8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

NzQ2MTRkZGNlNmQ4NjdhYWVhZTMzZGQ3NTIxZDRiZTIFr6m3PbxnxHAVLSEqhGYvaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTIzODY4MzV8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

75 diesel connoisseur, NCT and tax til January 2021, two owners, low miles, claims of a good bit of recent maintenance work, €950

Love this. Ad seems very genuine. So rare now, would love one

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/skoda-superb/25478423

ZWQ4NTRkOTg4YTQ1ZjZlZmU4ZThkMmI2MTZjMDE0YzD2yzG3loIxdydg5hCr-KPLaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTIzNDY1OTV8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

2010 Superb with nice spec (leather, nav etc) and NCT all the way to July 2022 for €2000

Huge miles though, 300k. Respectable looking yoke all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2002-rover-75-cdi-se-connoisseur-115bhp/25483823

ZTY3MGY5NThlMjc4NzY4ZDBiOGRkNzI2NWNkODMxY2Io7Mf5TG-0XOluxelewBHMaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTIzODY4Mjl8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

NzQ2MTRkZGNlNmQ4NjdhYWVhZTMzZGQ3NTIxZDRiZTIFr6m3PbxnxHAVLSEqhGYvaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTIzODY4MzV8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

75 diesel connoisseur, NCT and tax til January 2021, two owners, low miles, claims of a good bit of recent maintenance work, €950

Love this. Ad seems very genuine. So rare now, would love one

Love that too. I had a couple of 25s back in the day. Liked them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

ZWQ4NTRkOTg4YTQ1ZjZlZmU4ZThkMmI2MTZjMDE0YzD2yzG3loIxdydg5hCr-KPLaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTIzNDY1OTV8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

2010 Superb with nice spec (leather, nav etc) and NCT all the way to July 2022 for €2000

Near half a mill km.... They can do it though....

Wife is planning on going back driving, has to unfortunately start from scratch so lost all no claims and theory etc.... Done a few dummy quotes and getting none.

She is snookered I'd say to something newer then 15 years old.... Want her in something nice, catchy and different.....

She keeps looking up random absolutely vile sheds and sh1t boxes and basically has no tasste in cars

• Registered Users Posts: 6,010 ✭✭✭con747

Wife is planning on going back driving, has to unfortunately start from scratch so lost all no claims and theory etc.... Done a few dummy quotes and getting none.

She is snookered I'd say to something newer then 15 years old.... Want her in something nice, catchy and different.....

She keeps looking up random absolutely vile sheds and sh1t boxes and basically has no tasste in cars

I got rid of second car years ago due to no need but always kept alternating the insurance between O/H and myself every two years to always have both no claims bonus active, spent long enough getting it!

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

If you want something super cheap to insure, look at an Aygo/C1/107. Seem to be looked upon very favourably by the insurance cartel

con747 wrote: »
    I got rid of second car years ago due to no need but always kept alternating the insurance between O/H and myself every two years to always have both no claims bonus active, spent long enough getting it!

I've trade so wasn't an option, she was meant to keep it going and kept it from me, licence expired 7 years ago.... Learner

If you want something super cheap to insure, look at an Aygo/C1/107. Seem to be looked upon very favourably by the insurance cartel

Have any? I tried messaging you before but you were fill on messages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭dzsfah2xoynme9

They make sure not to show the reg plate in the photos... Then show it on the nct disc..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

They make sure not to show the reg plate in the photos... Then show it on the nct disc..

Import...wonder what a check reveals.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

With almost 500k km on the clock and clear declaration in the ad that it was used as a taxi I doubt this was deliberate. Meaning hiding anything at all.

Some people just don't show the reg in the ad for unknown reasons, but if you are interested you can call and ask for the reg.

Privacy gone mad or whatever.

With that mileage, ex taxi and import status it will be difficult to sell.

Very difficult.

Try quotes on its4woman...funny enough every time you add some xtra cover option you get an ilogical cheaper quote...I started on near 1000 eur for third party and after 10 minutes doing changes I got full comprensive all included for 700 eur

I would suggest a 2013/2014 vw up for better price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

An Ri rua wrote: »
    Fiat Panda 4x4. NCT March 2021. Tax til Oct 2020.

€750.

Unbelievable find, I think. I'd love it. So hard to find. Beats a LandRover all day long in the rough stuff. Not as a load carrier or towing :-) But a mighty little machine and so hard to find. Summer bargain.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/fiat-panda-4x4/25473430

Gone :(

Anyone here?

If I didn't have a CRV, I'd have bought that in a heartbeat. Always wanted one. So rare to find an old one, never mind ticking all the boxes at 750.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,338 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Was pretty much the exact same situation. Maximum 10 year old car and maximum 1.2 engine got best results. FBD were easily the best quotes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Ad says that it's a manual but the stick looks like the auto one? which is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭dzsfah2xoynme9

Fairly clear that it's a manual...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,286 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

definitely a manual. looks nothing like an automatic stick. you can see the H pattern on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Fairly clear that it's a manual...
    Thanks, looking on the phone i thought it looked like the i-shift stick. Looks a clean car.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,998 ✭✭✭Barr

Those Civic saloons have aged very well . That 08 look a particularly good example.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,170 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I know it's a 12 year old car and it won't be perfect but that Civic looks to have got a nice rear ending to me. The rear bumper looks a lighter shade of silver, it's not lined up with the rest of the bodywork properly, the boot lid shut lines don't line up with the bumper and the boot interior trim is hanging out at the opening also:

NmM5Yzk3Nzg5NTAwMzQxOWNkNjlmMzZiZTE3OTZhYzkErzPFNRJUtebESjY6JhinaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTIyOTk5ODV8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

ZDQ4YjE1YWJhOGY2ZTU5YWU5M2UxNzBjMjYwODBmNDJyhBM-1rfj-Q6W1UDB2j_VaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTIyOTk5ODd8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Also if you look into the boot where the bumper is bolted to the body you can cracks in the plastic around the bolts just below the light fittings. That has me thinking they were trying to force the bumper to line up with the boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,998 ✭✭✭Barr

That is great observation work , could save someone a trip if they saw the car on here and were thinking about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

bazz26 wrote: »
    Also if you look into the boot where the bumper is bolted to the body you can cracks in the plastic around the bolts just below the light fittings.

Yeh...with the photo I don't think they're trying to hide it - price reflects this imo. NCT isn't that new like is claimed though so wonder will it pass next time round.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement