Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My €100m BEAM scheme

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,229 ✭✭✭tanko

Mac Taylor wrote: »
    I hope they keep it as is.....I wouldn’t be signing up again. I’ve sold stock early etc to ensure I made my number.....we should be given the choice, keep original deadline or move to new one.

Plenty lads happy to take the money and not even bother to read the t&c’s

You have the choice, keep original deadline or move to December.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

tanko wrote: »
    You have the choice, keep original deadline or move to December.

That’s what you get for not reading the t&c’s:D

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭UpHill

Just noticed the calculator is up on Agfood.ie under exceptional Aid. Fairly easy to use. Was able to plug in my animal numbers for Jan to Jun 2021. Think I should be okay but planning to check this every month

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Omallep2

Hi, anyone know if its possible to see your live Beam nitrogen levels? Also is it possible to see if you are on track at this point if nothing changed (no births, sales or purchases)? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Think there is something up on agfood.ie, got a letter about it last week and where i stood with nitrates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

Here we go again 🀦*♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭epfff

Anyone know if the nitrates calculator on agfood will be updated as the months pass?
    It is very difficult for me to get a accurate figure for Jan/feb by putting the end of month figures.
    I had an unusually hight turnover of 2s and over and purchased a number of 1 and over.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭leoch

how do u do it on agfood epfff i went looking for it but coudnt find it ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

The ICBF calculator is good and is very user friendly. Because it's not the Department's site, it can't be taken as definitive, but it's very useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,229 ✭✭✭tanko

leoch wrote: »
    how do u do it on agfood epfff i went looking for it but coudnt find it ??

Go into exceptional aid measures
    Click on select scheme to enter, then BEAM, click on select (the circle), then click on nitrates calculator.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Jb1989

The ICBF calculator is good and is very user friendly. Because it's not the Department's site, it can't be taken as definitive, but it's very useful.

Have to. Join herd plus at the 60 odd euro tho to use that feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭jonny d

https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/beam-nitrates-figures-could-cause-significant-problems/

Another twist in the story! I presumed that it was a daily calculation and wondered why Dept had not made a more detailed calculation tool available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭ruwithme

They may just do now,what they will do in the end anyway & forget about the 5% reduction.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭Robson99

I have been keeping my own figures on a spread sheet and the Dept ones differ from what I have and of course they are higher than mine. Now as things have turned out here I will be below it but I can see a lot of issues ...Now sure what Einstein developed their calculation programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭QA1

jonny d wrote: »
    https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/beam-nitrates-figures-could-cause-significant-problems/

Another twist in the story! I presumed that it was a daily calculation and wondered why Dept had not made a more detailed calculation tool available.

Sorry I turn on the phone
    Is there a shower worse than them for this
    was keeping daily figures from the start because am tight for the 5%
    I Am MAD 😡 now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭TooOldBoots

I have a feeling the dept are going to have to abandon, reschedule or at the very least not penalize farmers in this scheme. If they go ahead and land farmers the full penalty then there will be no hope of getting them onboard again.
    They are in the right direction wrt the environment and the impact of cattle but the scheme was just poorly thought out and executed

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭leoch

Wat does extrapolating mean

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

leoch wrote: »
    Wat does extrapolating mean

Basically means they'll take one day from the month, look at your stocking numbers for that date & use it for the month.
    Total fcuk up if they use that, I was calculating day to day as knew we'd be tight for figures :mad:

That was some Gob****e that came up with that method of calculation
    Have a simple spread sheet done here and automatically calculates on a day basis. My figures lower than depots but I know who will win out if I raise the issue. The taepots who hadn't the brains to do it the right way

Where are the IFA in all of this. Nothing in it for them i suppose....it would make your blood boil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

Robson99 wrote: »
    Where are the IFA in all of this. Nothing in it for them i suppose....it would make your blood boil
    I think the IFA submitted a 50 page document to the EU looking for the funding for it. I'm furious if this is the case with the dept calculations

It’s turning into a bigger sham than it already was.
    I would have presumed that the figures would have been daily figures so would have been exact. I wouldn’t have thought it was rocket science either for the dept to work it out seeing that I could work it out with a pen if I had to.
    If this is the case about them picking any day in the month, if they looked at my numbers for the 1st of June I could sell 50 cattle on the 2nd of June to keep me right then they could deem me over the 5% .
    Why didn’t they ask us to plant 10 trees each. It’d be easier for them and us and have more benefit for the environment than a pretend 5% herd reduction.

Looks like we can defer the reduction period now to end of Dec on Agfood.ie, I think I will be okay to make it at the end of June but no cost to defer it, no brainer really

UpHill wrote: »
    Looks like we can defer the reduction period now to end of Dec on Agfood.ie, I think I will be okay to make it at the end of June but no cost to defer it, no brainer really

Think you still have to pick one or the other so be careful

Cavanjack wrote: »
    Think you still have to pick one or the other so be careful
    No if you make the reduction by June 30th, you can opt out of deferring to Dec

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Micey.ie

If I import Pig slurry wil it affect my beam Calculations

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

No help on above ^
    But by pure coincidence the adviser rang today for a chat so was asking him about this. He said you can opt for the extended deadline but if you meet the target by the original date, they will take that as you meeting the target. So if you're iffy about figures, sign up for the Dec date & it's no harm.

Also, the below is pure tosh apparently. So ignore it. It's day to day. He said Agriland had to apologise about it being incorrect but I didn't see it?
    jonny d wrote: »

Think I’m going to be ok for 30th June deadline so don’t want to extend it to December.Anyway if I get slurry now it will still be in Dec calculations.I’ll give advisor ring tomorrow about importing pig slurry.I know you can’t export slurry in order to reduce your nitrates.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭DBK1

Micey.ie wrote: »
    If I import Pig slurry wil it affect my beam Calculations
    No, imports and exports are not included for beam calculations, only what’s actually produced by your herd is counted.

• Advertisement

DBK1 wrote: »
    No, imports and exports are not included for beam calculations, only what’s actually produced by your herd is counted.

Thanks your right-advisor told me the same

Advertisement