Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brendan Grace has passed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭PressRun

What is the tune Fr. Fintan Stack is playing on the ghetto blaster?

It's called Limb by Limb.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I have great memories watching one of his shows with my late father as a kid. The both of us would be in stitches. Brendan was a national treasure and will be hugely missed. Rest in peace Bottler.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Nice, yet sad, to see that episode again :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Small Wonder

Calm down a small bit.

Yours was a stupid comment in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

What is the tune Fr. Fintan Stack is playing on the ghetto blaster?
    PressRun wrote: »
    It's called Limb by Limb.

Not quite! It's a very specific remix of Cutty Rank's Limb by Limb.

Here's the rather laid back original.

Here's the Fintan Stack, 3am version..

Cutty Ranks - Limb by limb (DJ SS remix)

Enjoy..

EDIT: Just to say, this is quite hard to get as a physical copy, for some reasion, a recent CD single reissue has been edited shorter by about 2 minutes. Removing some of the majesty of Fintan Stack's choice of music..

https://www.discogs.com/Cutty-Ranks-Limb-By-Limb/release/675067

Also, someone has payed close to £60 Sterling for a physical copy of the CD single, according to Discogs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

branie2 wrote: »
    Nice, yet sad, to see that episode again :(

esp considering...that Dermot and Frank are also gone :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Brendan used to be a smoker at least up to the end of the 80s. I don't know whether he gave them up in later years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

I never liked Brendan as a comedian, but a while back, I remember saying just that to a relation of mine who works on radio and has interviewed all the so called Irish showbiz celebs over the years.
    He doesn't bull**** and he also wouldn't be a big fan of Brendan's comedy, but he told me that Brendan, both in interviews and meeting afterwards etc etc was one of the nicest guys he ever had anything to do with and was a 100% gentleman through and through.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

I never liked Brendan as a comedian, but a while back, I remember saying just that to a relation of mine who works on radio and has interviewed all the so called Irish showbiz celebs over the years.
    He doesn't bull**** and he also wouldn't be a big fan of Brendan's comedy, but he told me that Brendan, both in interviews and meeting afterwards etc etc was one of the nicest guys he ever had anything to do with and was a 100% gentleman through and through.

I heard the same. A very decent nice man.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

I've had Fun and that is all that matters in the end..

One of the funniest lines ever on fr ted

• Advertisement

Brendan used to be a smoker at least up to the end of the 80s. I don't know whether he gave them up in later years.

working the cabaret circuit back in the day wouldn't have helped either :cool:

smoked filled rooms

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

His accents were so funny like the typical drunken Irish fella everyone has come across, and the classic Chinese takeaway and Rhubarb Tart jokes, his Kerry accent had me in stitches too, I'm terrible sad he's no longer with us, I refuse to switch him off if any of his standup shows are on, especially at Christmas, he is an Irish institution and he'll be greatly missed by all in this country, and I give you "Bubbles the cat"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 nuyil simp

that was Saint Patrick when he was younger!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

statues get vandalised and some of them look awful ....no a plaque be better imo

• Registered Users Posts: 37,549 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I think there should be both a plaque and a statue. A bottler statue would be great I think. I think it should be put up just as you arrive at the Liberties near Christchurch.

A toaster that only works in America

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭FFred

A toaster that only works in America
    Another wedding present was the pram delivered to the church marked ‘urgent’ :pac:

FFred wrote: »
    Another wedding present was the pram delivered to the church marked ‘urgent’ :pac:

They'll be laughing off in the Intensive Care ward

Rhubarb tart!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I was laughing at the curry song last night. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,227 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

RIP Brendan.
    Can confirm, my da (who hates most famous people and wouldn't be a fan of his comedy) met him a few times back in the 70's and 80's when he worked in bars and in other business and said he was always dead sound and very genuine.

Ever read his autobiography, Amuzing Grace? I have, and it's very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

PressRun wrote: »
    His performance as Fintan Stack is hilarious and unnerving in equal measure. Cracked me up and creeped me out. A brilliant performance in a show full of brilliant one-off characters.

When ever I see that episode, I’m like *chef’s kiss*.

He just fully commits. It is brilliant. He is so sinister in the role.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

Rhubarb tart!

No more rhubarb tart :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭FFred

SirChenjin wrote: »
    No more rhubarb tart :D

Ham Sammwich ...

White bread or brown bread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

Come over here and don't move... Shut your mouth and eat your dinner :D

If it was a strawberry shortcake, you'd have a fractured skull!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

SirChenjin wrote: »
    Come over here and don't move... Shut your mouth and eat your dinner :D

Look... at the duuuurt...... behind your ears.

Advertisement