Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The glorious 12th

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

janfebmar wrote: »
    You were warned about making up stuff before, and to stay on topic. Nothing to do with the 12th.

As were you. The screenshot is from a report to a mod. You did say it. And denied it. Again. You’re lying. Again.

But let’s move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,163 ✭✭✭✭downcow

I wasn’t the one bringing up events on the deep past to derail the conversation DC. It was one of your pals here. Who seems to have ducked out.
    As you seem unaware of the fact I’ll remind you there’s no scope or possibility for NI to become independent. You can remain in the UK (good luck with that) or there’ll be Irish reunification.
    Let’s be completely honest NI. Has needed constant handouts for how long now?

Foster is about to step down as DUP Leader owing to the cash for ash scandal. ONeill is being challenged within Sinn Fein.
    Change is afoot. And you can’t ignore the grind of history. The wheel turns and events and realities develop.

Well all be grand don’t worry.

....and you think the people of roi are willing to continue the handouts? It’s the people in roi that will need the most convincing I would suggest.

I am not a big supporter of Arlene but I do quite enjoy that, for all the bluster of sf, Michelle is going to be ousted and Arlene is still there.
    Lol by demanding her removal, they guarantied her survival - ni politics of conflict Lol. I thought the shinners would have understood it by now. It’s the same reason caitoina survived for years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

downcow wrote: »
    If only Jan were here to attempt to delude us

Are we seriously going to discuss a newspaper report from the 1970s? This is 2019 and republicans have recently murdered a young journalist. And republicans went into a house last night and shot a 20year old in front of his family.
    .....but sure let’s discuss a remark made by a politician in the 70’s.

Still trying to use Lyra McKee to score points

Oh the depths you will sink to

True colours really shining through DC and they are ugly all the way to the core

gwalk wrote: »

“several members of the public charged into a flute band in an unprovoked attack, targeting two standard bearers and trying to remove their standards”

The band appears to have shown great restraint

• Advertisement

Yes they showed great culture 🙄

Still trying to use Lyra McKee to score points

Oh the depths you will sink to

True colours really shining through DC and they are ugly all the way to the core

Gwalk. What is your motive for not wanting to talk about the most recent republican murder of an innocent woman. Does it embarrass you.
    Her loved ones want to talk about it to try and hold republicans to account. Here’s her partner the other day “The partner of murdered journalist Lyra McKee has said she is appalled after a prominent Irish republican warned more violence was inevitable.” This is what many mainstream republicans and Irish ministers are threatening around brexit

You are happy to talk about army atrocities but a bit shy about talking about this atrocity. I understand it is very very embarrassing for republicans across the world but should not be hidden

The Venn diagram of people in NI complaining about gay pride parades and ‘shoving their lifestyle in our faces’ and that of the ones saying ‘orange order parades are our culture’ would probably be a perfect circle.

One definitely is inclusive and celebratory. The other definitely isn’t though.

Gwalk. What is your motive for not wanting to talk about the most recent republican murder of an innocent woman. Does it embarrass you.
    Her loved ones want to talk about it to try and hold republicans to account. Here’s her partner the other day “The partner of murdered journalist Lyra McKee has said she is appalled after a prominent Irish republican warned more violence was inevitable.” This is what many mainstream republicans and Irish ministers are threatening around brexit

You are happy to talk about army atrocities but a bit shy about talking about this atrocity. I understand it is very very embarrassing for republicans across the world but should not be hidden

There’s nobody in Ireland north or south supports those scum. They’re vile. Terrorists. Not republicans. Nobody would allow such a bigoted sectarian organization represent them or their community

Oh wait.

Orange order

Hi DC

As you've said yourself you have a very sheltered life

Take off your orange tinted specs there for a minute

Why would I be embarrassed about something I had no involvement with?

The murder disgusts me and in no way shape or form have I ever stated otherwise

Her family had asked for her death to not be used in political point scoring yet here you are lashing it about freely with your other themmuns nonsense

You really are a special case

I would seek medical help If i were you

• Advertisement

“Having the right to abort the life of a healthy baby, just because it is the woman’s right to have a choice, surely is wrong. Where is the right to life?” asked the Sovereign Grand Master.

So a womans right to healthcare is not important to the knuckle dragging mouth breathers

And that's before the equal marriage rights is addressed

The problems with a massively bigoted sectarian organisation they dont want people to have their rights

Double post

Hi DC

Her family had asked for her death to not be used in political point scoring yet here you are lashing it about freely with your other themmuns nonsense

He referred to the 50th anniversary of the bloodshed in Derry as ‘the other glorious 12th’.
    Work from there.

Hi DC

He referred to the 50th anniversary of the bloodshed in Derry as ‘the other glorious 12th’.
    Work from there.

Indeed

Quite a sad individual if they think slaughter of innocents was glorious

But then to bring up a tragic murder to score points and sanctimoniously soapbox is abhorrent

• Registered Users Posts: 33,123 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

“several members of the public charged into a flute band in an unprovoked attack, targeting two standard bearers and trying to remove their standards”

The band appears to have shown great restraint

"Several members of the public"?

I think this is trying to hint that it was people opposed to orange parades, whereas all I could see in the video was band members fighting with orangemen.

Anyone see anything else?

“Having the right to abort the life of a healthy baby, just because it is the woman’s right to have a choice, surely is wrong. Where is the right to life?” asked the Sovereign Grand Master.

So a womans right to healthcare is not important to the knuckle dragging mouth breathers

And that's before the equal marriage rights is addressed

The problems with a massively bigoted sectarian organisation they dont want people to have their rights

Gwalk You are some guy to pretend you are defending lyras family to hide your embarrassment of what republicans are up to.
    And then you trivialise abortion.
    I don’t want open that debate. But it is not as simple as you make it. And I do think people have their right to show love and concern for the unborn baby.
    I am not comfortable with Black assuming all their members should take the same position on it. Indeed it brings them down to your black and white position on such an emotional and serious subject.

Indeed

Quite a sad individual if they think slaughter of innocents was glorious

My goodness. Now I have seen it all. One post trivialising abortion followed by the above.
    You couldn’t make it up

Work from there.

Link please???? . I find that an unacceptable slur beyond what should be tolerable on this forum, if untrue

If true I will not be found wanting in my clear condemnation of him

Link please???? . I find that an unacceptable slur beyond what should be tolerable on this forum, if untrue

If true I will not be found wanting in my clear condemnation of him

Pic attached. You said it. Not him. Surprised you weren’t at least reported to it. Sickening statement to make.

By the way, this is the other glorious 12th today

There we have it

In all its sectarian glory

• Advertisement

NIMAN wrote: »

I think this is trying to hint that it was people opposed to orange parades, whereas all I could see in the video was band members fighting with orangemen.

Tbh. At best it’s inconclusive. Could have been in fighting. Scuffle afterwards could have developed from some want parade continue and some wanting to engage with the public.
    Those running off did not seem to have regalia.
    If it stemmed from in fighting and rivalries then it was a very strange place to kick off ie outside the in shops. I would have anticipated infighting to kick off going through someone’s patch.
    But the story will prob come out.

Tbh. At best it’s inconclusive. Could have been in fighting. Scuffle afterwards could have developed from some want parade continue and some wanting to engage with the public.
    Those running off did not seem to have regalia.
    If it stemmed from in fighting and rivalries then it was a very strange place to kick off ie outside the in shops. I would have anticipated infighting to kick off going through someone’s patch.
    But the story will prob come out.

Love the oul mental gymnastics and justifying jaffa violence dont you DC hahaha

Pic attached. You said it. Not him. Surprised you weren’t at least reported to it. Sickening statement to make.

Disgusting twist.
    I am not going to trawl back but I remember exactly the context. The thread is called the glorious twelfth and I made a humourous remark on the 12th August about this being the other glorious twelfth Ask anyone throughout GB what is the glorious 12th and the will tell you it is the 12th August. This had zero reference to BS and well you know it or you would have screamed about it at the time.
    I only now realise that you are saying BS was on 12th August. I did not know date of BS

Bottom line it is disgusting and disingenuous and downright nasty and if you have any decency you and gwalk will retract it immediately

• Registered Users Posts: 33,123 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Bloody Sunday was in January

Disgusting twist.
    I am not going to trawl back but I remember exactly the context. The thread is called the glorious twelfth and I made a humourous remark on the 12th August about this being the other glorious twelfth Ask anyone throughout GB what is the glorious 12th and the will tell you it is the 12th August. This had zero reference to BS and well you know it or you would have screamed about it at the time.
    I only now realise that you are saying BS was on 12th August. I did not know date of BS

Bottom line it is disgusting and disingenuous and downright nasty and if you have any decency you and gwalk will retract it immediately

No Downcow you're not gonna wriggle out of thos one so easily

In a like the time you mocked my dyslexia

Bloody Sunday was in January

Battle of the Bogside was August

• Registered Users Posts: 67,056 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

The other 'Glorious 12th' refers to the start of the 'shooting' season in Great Britain and NI.

Dunno downcow, the jury is out on what you meant. I took it at the time (when the Battle of The Bogside commemoration was front and centre of news coverage, it began on 12th August) to be a cheap shot in the mode of 'curry my youghurt' and 'five nill' etc.

Nice attempt at deflection DC but all with eyes knew what you meant.

And I’ve never heard or seen anyone in actual Britain use that term. Seems to be a saying specifically used by people up north celebrating bloodshed of innocent civilians. Their fellow country men and uk citizens I may add.

Twisted warped and disgusting.

Nice attempt at deflection DC but all with eyes knew what you meant.

And I’ve never heard or seen anyone in actual Britain use that term. Seems to be a saying specifically used by people up north celebrating bloodshed of innocent civilians. Their fellow country men and uk citizens I may add.

Twisted warped and disgusting.

I enjoy robust argument and rarely report anything but you guys have crossed the line here. And you do not have the decency to apologise and retract. Then it takes a fairly big person to apologise.

As for the glorious 12th I suggest you google our news in UK any 12th August and I be surprised if it is not mentioned. But of course you know that anyhow.

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=the+glorious+twelfth

• Advertisement

I enjoy robust argument and rarely report anything but you guys have crossed the line here. And you do not have the decency to apologise and retract. Then it takes a fairly big person to apologise.

As for the glorious 12th I suggest you google our news in UK any 12th August and I be surprised if it is not mentioned. But of course you know that anyhow.

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=the+glorious+twelfth

Not buying it kiddo. The conversation you dropped it into was about Bloody Sunday. It was in that context.
    In no universe did you mean it any other way.

Advertisement