Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeffrey Epstein arrested on sex trafficking charges

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

Hobosan wrote: »
    So remember that time a while back when I was incredulous of your optimistic belief that the FBI would put Epstein away.

And you cited my lack of understanding of the US justice system to both justify your beliefs and rubbish my own.

I hope you can understand my incredulity now.

I merely said that the FBI isn’t one monolithic organisation. But yes I am cynical about any investigation here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

{10-08-2019, 18:52}
    Guaranteed the cameras will have malfunctioned.
    This (with about 20thanks from 20days ago) prediciton was as correct as clockwork.

Two cameras 'malfunctioned' outside the cell, oh what a curious coincidence indeed.

• Site Banned Posts: 43 Mangofrozo

Interesting article in the Irish Times about how a ring of women helped him recruit teenage girls.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/us/how-a-ring-of-women-allegedly-recruited-girls-for-jeffrey-epstein-1.4002409

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Mangofrozo wrote: »
    Interesting article in the Irish Times about how a ring of women helped him recruit teenage girls.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/us/how-a-ring-of-women-allegedly-recruited-girls-for-jeffrey-epstein-1.4002409

That's how pimps operate.

That's how pimps operate.

Yea the women were pimps essentially.

• Advertisement

Yea the women were pumps essentially.

Pimps get their women to recruit. It's how they operate. In this case children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

This (with about 20thanks from 20days ago) prediciton was as correct as clockwork.

Two cameras 'malfunctioned' outside the cell, oh what a curious coincidence indeed.

I think people are getting a taste now how the world works in reality. Conspiracy theorists were saying these kind of things happen, yet would be dismissed for bringing it up

Now you seeing it unfold a high profile prisoner murdered in a high security prison. And authorities still claiming it was a suicide.

Cameras pointing at Epstein cell now broken and out of action. There comes a point you just have to wake up and stop believing the official government narrative about events.

Hobosan wrote: »
    So remember that time a while back when I was incredulous of your optimistic belief that the FBI would put Epstein away.

And you cited my lack of understanding of the US justice system to both justify your beliefs and rubbish my own.

I hope you can understand my incredulity now.

FBI is not one massive unit working together in harmony. Often politicial decisions are made to stop a line of enquiry and then the lower tier workforce of the FBI are left with no other option but to cease all investigations. The only way they can voice their displeasure is to come out as a whistleblower. It shows a lack of understanding by people believing the FBI will always reveal the truth. Epstein case probably will never be fully investigated. It most likely we be only discussed on Conspiracy forums, years from now.

Pimps get their women to recruit. It's how they operate. In this case children.

By the sounds of it the women were perfectly happy to do the recruiting, they knew exactly what they were doing, for their own self interest. Believe it or not women can also be the perpetrators, not just victims.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,110 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

By the sounds of it the women were perfectly happy to do the recruiting, they knew exactly what they were doing, for their own self interest. Believe it or not women can also be the perpetrators, not just victims.

Many of them will have been groomed to do this from when they were teenagers. Its how it works. It's a win win for the ringleaders - a constant supply of new victims and also previous victims now involved so that they will be less likely to spill the beans given that they will also be implicated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,914 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

^
    What's Ghislaine Maxwell's excuse then?

I was wondering where you were going. Yes some children make bad decisions after being groomed by a pedophile.
    In this case it seems to be children so I'm not sure how strong the case would be from that angle any way. As for any women involved, if they lured teens in they should be charged too obviously. Takes nothing away from Epstein's culpability.
    It's not women versus men is it?

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Many of them will have been groomed to do this from when they were teenagers. Its how it works. It's a win win for the ringleaders - a constant supply of new victims and also previous victims now involved so that they will be less likely to spill the beans given that they will also be implicated.

And sometimes women are perfectly happy to exploit other women and need no "grooming".

And sometimes the ones being "lured" are perfectly happy with the arrangement, they don't see it as a big deal to be well compensated in exchange for sexual favours.

And sometimes women are perfectly happy to exploit other women and need no "grooming".

And sometimes the ones being "lured" are perfectly happy with the arrangement, they don't see it as a big deal to be well compensated in exchange for sexual favours.

And children say the darndest things. We're talking about children.

And children say the darndest things. We're talking about children.

I'm talking about 16 year olds and up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

I'm talking about 16 year olds and up.

Some of the victims were as young as 8 years of age..

batgoat wrote: »
    Some of the victims were as young as 8 years of age..

I'm not talking about them, as I pointed out above.

People don't have a hive mind. Some people are groomed, others enter into an arrangement that suits them of their own free will and some people act as the the "pimp" of their own free will and deserve the full punishment of the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Are you talking about a girl in particular?

People don't have a hive mind. Some people are groomed, others enter into an arrangement that suits them of their own free will and some people act as the the "pimp" of their own free will and deserve the full punishment of the law.

Anyone who lured or groomed children deserves to feel the full weight of the law. Is anyone saying otherwise? Are you trying to wedge in victim blaming? There will be people who get lured in young and continued in the life, that's what happens in prostitution. The older ones bring in younger ones. Epstein trafficked in children.

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Are you talking about a girl in particular?

No

• Advertisement

Anyone who lured or groomed children deserves to feel the full weight of the law. Is anyone saying otherwise? Are you trying to wedge in victim blaming? There will be people who get lured in young and continued in the life, that's what happens in prostitution. The older ones bring in younger ones. Epstein trafficked in children.

There seems to be some people who think the women who groomed girls don't deserve the full punishment of the law.

There seems to be some people who think the women who groomed girls don't deserve the full punishment of the law.

Fair enough. I've not seen that.

ceadaoin. wrote: »

Exhibit A

It's amazing to witness how an ideology can infect a person's outlook.

"Women are always the victims, men are always the perpetrators".

Exhibit A

It's amazing to witness how an ideology can infect a person's outlook.

"Women are always the victims, men are always the perpetrators".

Seems more like explaining how it happens than saying any adults shouldn't face charges.

Seems more like explaining how it happens than saying any adults shouldn't face charges.

It's an assumption that the women acting as pimps for Epstein were under some form of sinister coercion, there is no evidence whatsoever that that is the case.

Tony EH wrote: »
    ^

Insane, she not arrested. What's the excuse there?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

It's an assumption that the women acting as pimps for Epstein were under some form of sinister coercion, there is no evidence whatsoever that that is the case.

its always time and time again, especially where sex crimes are a thing, any woman involved couldnt possibly be a co-conspirator and is definitely doing under force from some evil man....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

its always time and time again, especially where sex crimes are a thing, any woman involved couldnt possibly be a co-conspirator and is definitely doing under force from some evil man....

Eh, it's pretty accepted that Maxwell was a co-conspirator. It's speculation to start blaming the victims.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,110 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Tony EH wrote: »
    ^

I was referring to the people mentioned who were originally victims and who went on exploit others. Maxwell should be arrested and I dont understand why she hasn't been

Yeah but that's not what I said is it? I said "many" were groomed into recruiting others, and it's true. The same thing happened with the grooming gangs in the UK. That's not excusing them from any blame but explaining how they came to be involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,150 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Did you read about this case? We’re talking about underage girls here not women, some as young as 13. I know some trump supporters think that if he paid them it’s fine, like the other trump supporter trying to belittle his crimes earlier in the thread. But thankfully most people don’t think that way. It’s sex trafficking and statutory rape at the very least.

Advertisement