Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeffrey Epstein arrested on sex trafficking charges

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,534 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Oirish media taking no risks such is the power so to speak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    I don't know why people will infect a serious thread about a disgusting paedophile (Epstein) with blatant deflections that are simply ludicrous and soo easily disproved
    You would appear to be soley trying to deflect any attention (from Air-miles Andy), and his close involvement with a sick convicted P (JE).
    Perhaps start with the national and international press (too late), who had Andy plastered across front pages for the last week or so along with many questions.

Maybe it's because you (as a likely Northern English lad)? judging by your slang previously, won't have a bad word said about this loaf, as some sort of duty? Maybe he's your (strange) hero.

Sure nothings proven (and difficult to ever do so). But the media are already wild with speculation. It's soooo natural indeed, just to ask questions as to his (Andy) close association with this convict, even after he was charged years before. Imagine remaining friends with a convict of that genre.

It's also natural to assume these type of criminals have some sort of 'inner circle' to operate within. It's hard to deny that Andy is somewhat within his inner circle (of friends).
    ...The only question remains (that's near impossible to answer) is... exactly what type of circle of friends? And that, we'll never know for sure/.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Furthermore, there isn't one of those beautiful ladies photographed one on one with Andrew who will ever see 18 again as at the date they were photographed. Indeed, there are some beautiful 30+ year bold in there.

I don't know why people will infect a serious thread about a disgusting paedophile (Epstein) with blatant deflections that are simply ludicrous and soo easily disproved

Is that you Andrew

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Furthermore, there isn't one of those beautiful ladies photographed one on one with Andrew who will ever see 18 again as at the date they were photographed. Indeed, there are some beautiful 30+ year bold in there.

So you think it’s all perfectly acceptable and prince Andrew has absolutely no questions to answer whatsoever?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

These are visible photos who show Andrew with younger women, not necessarily underage. They prove the connection to Epstein. Andrew remained friends with Epstein after the 2008 conviction, now claiming to not know anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

MadYaker wrote: »
    So you think it’s all perfectly acceptable and prince Andrew has absolutely no questions to answer whatsoever?

I think Andrew probably has lots of questions to answer and I hope he will be made to answer them.

As to whether it is perfectly acceptable or otherwise that he hangs around with younger women, he joins millions of older/old men of wealth and power who do so in the fleshpots of the world. Go anywhere that rich and powerful men congregate on their yachts and in their clubs, and there'll be older men cosying up to younger women. The point is, unless they are doing it with under-age girls, or they are forcing their attentions in some way on the women, it is legal. Whether it is all perfectlty acceptable as you ask, is defined I assume by one's morals. What is perfectly acceptable to one person is totally wrong to another.

When someone posts a series of photos here and portrays them as some kind of 'proof' that Andrew is guilty of a crime, those photos better stand up. And the ones that were posted did not. Rather than portraying Andrew being involved in a crime, they portrayed him being together with women who looked to be well into their 30's. They could have come from Hello magazine.

This thread was about Epstein's long-proven criminality and then became more about his suicide. It deflects from Epstein' crimes to post up meaningless photos that prove nothing about Andrew or anyone else. That is what I was responding to.

And your attempt to put words that I never said into my mouth says much more about you and your thoughts than it does about mine. That's the kind of ould 'hide behind the keyboard' foolishness that comes from too much time 'interacting' on Reddit and 4-chan, and is beneath what counts for discussion on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Prince Andrew statement the other day:
    He said it was a "mistake" to meet Epstein after he left prison in 2010.

"During the time I knew him, I saw him infrequently and probably no more than only once or twice a year," the 59-year-old prince said.

"I have stayed in a number of his residences. At no stage during the limited time I spent with him did I see, witness or suspect any behaviour of the sort that subsequently led to his arrest and conviction."

The duke - who said he first met Epstein in 1999 - added that he had "tremendous sympathy" for all those affected by Epstein's behaviour.

Sounds like he's threading water to me. Trump said of Epstein, "He likes them Young'. And Trump wasn't as tight with him as Andrew. I do not believe Andrew knew him as long as he did and stayed in his residences and never took part in or saw children at parties. Also Andrew has had his own rumours in that regard for many years. With Epstein, we are not talking 'younger women' we are talking about children.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,228 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I think Andrew probably has lots of questions to answer and I hope he will be made to answer them.

As to whether it is perfectly acceptable or otherwise that he hangs around with younger women, he joins millions of older/old men of wealth and power who do so in the fleshpots of the world. Go anywhere that rich and powerful men congregate on their yachts and in their clubs, and there'll be older men cosying up to younger women. There point is, unless they are doing it with under-age girls, or they are forcing their attentions in some way on the women, it is legal. Whether it is all perfectlty acceptable as you ask, is defined I assume by one's morals. What is perfectly acceptable to one person is totally wrong to another.

When someone posts a series of photos here and portrays them as some kind of 'proof' that Andrew is guilty of a crime, those photos better stand up. And the ones that were posted did not. Rather than portraying Andrew being involved in a crime, they portrayed him being together with women who looked to be well into their 30's. They could have come from Hello magazine.

This thread was about Epstein's long-proven criminality and then became more about his suicide. It deflects from Epstein' crimes to post up meaningless photos that prove nothing about Andrew or anyone else. That is what I was responding to.

And your attempt to put words that I never said into my mouth says much more about you and your thoughts than it does about mine. That's the kind of ould 'hide behind the keyboard' foolishness that comes from too much time 'interacting' on Reddit and 4-chan, and is beneath what counts for discussion on here.

Made to answer questions about what? Have there been any allegations made against him personally?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Made to answer questions about what? Have there been any allegations made against him personally?
    Now JE is gone, it's likely his inner circle will be asked questions. The palace even said they would co-operate with authorities.

The DailyMail https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7393521/Prince-Andrew-willing-talk-FBI-requested-Palace-sources-say.html (their comments section usually reflect well, the view of the general populous).
    still have plenty of questions, especially surrounding his latest statement, which they have examined and raises even more questions:

17682292-7393521-image-m-15_1566769102002.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

??
    The movie Eyes Wide Shut.

• Advertisement

skimpydoo wrote: »
    The movie Eyes Wide Shut.

Ah, OK! Gotcha!

Eyes Wide Shut carry-on goes on all the time IMO in so-called High- Society!

However, my recollection of the movie was that of multiple beautiful women (not children) being passed around by men of power and riches in an almost occult-inspired environment. If so, once again I must say, it's largely irrelevant to Epstein's crimes ( as well as such crimes as anyone in his orbit engaged in, whether that be daughter of a famous publisher, or son of a Queen!).

These are visible photos who show Andrew with younger women, not necessarily underage. They prove the connection to Epstein. Andrew remained friends with Epstein after the 2008 conviction, now claiming to not know anything.

Andrew's connection to Epstein has been long documented. It didn't need a Hello photo spread to do so. The OP placed these photos as some kind of 'proof' of Andrew's involvement in Epstein's paedophilia. Frankly, all they proved is that young women up to their 30s will hang out of a saggy Prince in this 21st Century, just like they hung out of other decrepit Princes back into The Middle Ages!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,575 ✭✭✭Treppen

Andrew's connection to Epstein has been long documented. It didn't need a Hello photo spread to do so. The OP placed these photos as some kind of 'proof' of Andrew's involvement in Epstein's paedophilia. Frankly, all they proved is that young women up to their 30s will hang out of a saggy Prince in this 21st Century, just like they hung out of other decrepit Princes back into The Middle Ages!

Young women up to their 30s ???
    Where does your scale start?
    Woody Allen adopted his partner ...

Anyway the question remains, why would anyone want to associate with Jeffrey? Particularly after his conviction of procuring 'a' prostitute who happened to be a minor.

But he's the scapegoat, so nothing else to see here then I suppose.

Treppen wrote: »
    Young women up to their 30s ???
    Where does your scale start?
    Woody Allen adopted his partner ...

Anyway the question remains, why would anyone want to associate with Jeffrey? Particularly after his conviction of procuring 'a' prostitute who happened to be a minor.

But he's the scapegoat, so nothing else to see here then I suppose.

It's actually quite simple... The scale starts at Legality! Anything outside that ought to be crushingly dealt with in accordance with the Law! Does that answer your question?

And in the meantime, while all this discussion continues in respect of Andrew Windsor, charges have now been dropped against Epstein himself. Therefore, the Prosecution's case for forfeiture of Epstein's New York property has now fallen foul of his suicide, and, unless civil proceedings are successfully taken, Epstein wins that one (albeit posthumously). That's a $77 million property his estate gets to keep on foot of his death!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Truth coming out bit by bit.

At least one camera stationed in the hallway outside billionaire financier and convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein’s prison cell, where officials say he hung himself earlier this month, had footage that was deemed unusable, The Washington Post reports.

What caused the camera to malfunction, suffer a glitch, and not be useable?

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/458922-video-from-camera-outside-epstein-jail-cell-unusable-report

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/jeffrey-epstein-death-suicide-cctv-video-footage-fbi-child-sex-trafficking-a9080111.html

It's actually quite simple... The scale starts at Legality! Anything outside that ought to be crushingly dealt with in accordance with the Law! Does that answer your question?

No it doesn't.

What age was the 'prostitute' which he was charged for...if you say the scale starts at legality. You mentioned women 'up to 30'
    Anything outside that ought to be crushingly dealt with in accordance with the Law!

I agree. Do you agree the case he was convicted for was crushingly dealt with?

And in the meantime, while all this discussion continues in respect of Andrew Windsor, charges have now been dropped against Epstein himself. Therefore, the Prosecution's case for forfeiture of Epstein's New York property has now fallen foul of his suicide, and, unless civil proceedings are successfully taken, Epstein wins that one (albeit posthumously). That's a $77 million property his estate gets to keep on foot of his death!

Forget about Epstein, he's the scapegoat.

No it doesn't.

What age was the 'prostitute' which he was charged for...if you say the scale starts at legality. You mentioned women 'up to 30'

He was convicted on charges of child prostitution, which is/ was illegal in Florida. That is exactly what the scale starting at Legality means. If it was legal he wouldn't have been charged.

He was also involved with dozens of other minors and I'm not sure their cases were even part of the final conviction.
    agree. Do you agree the case he was convicted for was crushingly dealt with?

I believe that he got off almost scot-free. He got a total sweetheart deal. Disgusting and disgraceful. Furthermore, other people who were also committing similar paedophilia were allowed to skate as part of the deal. I think it was total disgust on the part of some in law enforcement that led to the ultimate charges being brought in New York, as they were outraged that the whole cabal got off so lightly in Florida.

So, no! The law firmly failed his victims and he was nowhere near crushingly dealt with. Sadly, his death now makes any real justice for his victims even more difficult to obtain.

I don't know what that means. How should we forget about Epstein when he is the subject of this discussion?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Seems he was a pimp for other child abusers.

A woman who claims she was forced to have sex with Prince Andrew when she was 17 has said he "knows what he's done" and "I hope he comes clean about it".

Virginia Roberts Giuffre was speaking outside a court in New York after more than 20 women who claim to have been sexually abused by late US financier Jeffrey Epstein - a friend of the duke - vented their anger during a hearing.

https://news.sky.com/story/prince-andrew-knows-what-hes-done-says-epstein-sex-accuser-virginia-roberts-giuffre-11795666

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49486590

I don't know what that means. How should we forget about Epstein when he is the subject of this discussion?

The subject of this discussion is dead so everything dies with him. The story has gone away.

Where did he get his money and property with one client.
    Why did influential people .... many very influential people.... still associate with him even after his known paedophillia?

Also " The Epstein Associate Nobody's Talking About: The IDF-Linked Bond Girl Infiltrating the UK NHS "
    One of the 'foreign state' companies associated with her wanted to be an intermediary when you call emergency services.

Was it all really only about underage minors and rich people.

Epstein killed himself, bull****. Two cameras malfunctioned is not a coincidence, that's deliberate.

More news coming out now.

(Reuters) - Two cameras that malfunctioned outside the jail cell where financier Jeffrey Epstein died as he awaited trial on sex-trafficking charges have been sent to an FBI crime lab for examination, a law enforcement source told Reuters.

Epstein’s lawyers Reid Weingarten and Martin Weinberg told U.S. District Judge Richard Berman in Manhattan on Tuesday they had doubts about the New York City chief medical examiner’s conclusion that their client killed himself.

The two cameras were within view of the Manhattan jail cell where he was found dead on Aug. 10. A source earlier told Reuters two jail guards failed to follow a procedure overnight to make separate checks on all prisoners every 30 minutes.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-people-jeffrey-epstein-cameras-idUSKCN1VI2LC?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 35,764 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

It's like we can predict the future, we all said it, that when it comes to it the camera's will have been not working, and wouldn't you know it. I'm shocked, oh wait, not I'm not, we knew this would be the convenient case

It's like we can predict the future, we all said it, that when it comes to it the camera's will have been not working, and wouldn't you know it. I'm shocked, oh wait, not I'm not, we knew this would be the convenient case

The evidence was there all the time he was taken out. Shame the authorities are afraid to tell us how it is. Suicide needs to be forgot and a murder investigation needs to be opened. Whoever ordered the hit is high up in the food chain. This is a maxium security jail and only powerful people could have got at Epstein.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

The evidence was there all the time he was taken out. Shame the authorities are afraid to tell us how it is. Suicide needs to be forgot and a murder investigation needs to be opened. Whoever ordered the hit is high up in the food chain. This is a maxium security jail and only powerful people could have got at Epstein.

That's a lot of people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

The way this is going to be dealt with is silence. I mean the coroners report hasn’t been fully released has it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Hobosan

The way this is going to be dealt with is silence. I mean the coroners report hasn’t been fully released has it?

So remember that time a while back when I was incredulous of your optimistic belief that the FBI would put Epstein away.

And you cited my lack of understanding of the US justice system to both justify your beliefs and rubbish my own.

I hope you can understand my incredulity now.

Advertisement