Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeffrey Epstein arrested on sex trafficking charges

Options
2456758

Comments

  • Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭peddlelies


    Can only imagine the fallout that will happen if this implicates any well known higher ups. Please let them all be named and shamed.


  • Registered Users Posts: 28,147 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey


    I can't imagine he'll talk.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II


    Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Yup.

    It's a "guilt by association" frenzy. Many famous personalities were friends with e.g. Jimmy Saville, even when rumours started to surface, doesn't mean they were automatically child molesters.

    Bit more than guilt by association here. He was hardly the only one molesting minors on his island.

    He’s probably been protected up until now precisely because he could spill the beans on so many.


  • Registered Users Posts: 17,882 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe


    Bit more than guilt by association here. He was hardly the only one molesting minors on his island.

    He’s probably been protected up until now precisely because he could spill the beans on so many.

    Complete speculation and borderline wishful thinking. Will wait for facts.


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious


    Pelsoi's tweet says a lot. Sounds like it's rife and well known but a well protected 'secret'.


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II


    Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Complete speculation and borderline wishful thinking. Will wait for facts.

    Why in God’s name would it be “wishful” thinking. What would I get out of it.

    I can see why abuse was able to flourish in Ireland for so long.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II


    auspicious wrote: »
    Pelsoi's tweet says a lot. Sounds like it's rife and well known but a well protected 'secret'.

    It definitely means some democrats are likely in the firing line.


  • Registered Users Posts: 17,882 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe


    Why in God’s name would it be “wishful” thinking. What would I get out of it.

    I can see why abuse was able to flourish in Ireland for so long.

    You are engaging in complete speculation and guilt by association. It's wishful thinking, people are salivating at the thought that some "elites" might be exposed. Happens every time there's a high profile predator/offender. Conspiracies forums are going berserk.

    A surprising amount of people love this ****, engage in all the village mob speculative nonsense, and cover it all up with the usual virtue signalling crap.

    Am only interested in the facts not the speculation circus


  • Registered Users Posts: 8,178 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.


    Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Yup.

    It's a "guilt by association" frenzy. Many famous personalities were friends with e.g. Jimmy Saville, even when rumours started to surface, doesn't mean they were automatically child molesters.

    It's more than "association". These people are known to have travelled on Epstein's private jet on multiple occasions to his private island where abuse is known to have taken place. Victims have testified that they were trafficked to rich and powerful people , and at least one of these alleged abusers were even photographed with these victims. I mean, come on.


  • Registered Users Posts: 35,902 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde


    Epstein still at it ,on any giving day multiple 18 year olds come and go from his home. The life of a billionaire. He's staying within the law, but clearly has't changed.


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II


    Dohnjoe wrote: »
    You are engaging in complete speculation and guilt by association.

    I didn’t engage in any speculation.

    It's wishful thinking, people are salivating at the thought that some "elites" might be exposed. Happens every time there's a high profile predator/offender.

    Wishful thinking would assume that I wished something.

    This particular guy had sex parties to which he bought the famous and elites.
    Conspiracies forums are going berserk.

    A surprising amount of people love this ****, engage in all the village mob speculative nonsense, and cover it all up with the usual virtue signalling crap.

    Am only interested in the facts not the speculation circus

    The facts are clear that Epstein engaged in under aged sex and got a pretty light sentence for that. That he is now being investigated for sex trafficking.

    It was once a conspiracy theory that the Catholic Church engaged in child sexual abuse, a theory that turned out to be true.

    The only sanctimonious virtue signalling here, btw, is from you.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound


    Sounds to me like donny was trying to imply what epstein was at without getting sued, years before anyone else.
    Now THAT seems like straw clutching/wishful thinking.

    Clinton is a creep - I don't care what party he is affiliated with. It's not about republicans versus democrats for me - that would be nonsense.

    I know too that people come up with right nonsense about Trump.

    I can't know either whether there is anything to implicate him - hopefully not, seeing as he is the president.

    But that quote would totally be held up by the Trump fans here if it was said by someone they don't like.

    The actual meaning of virtue signalling doesn't match what it's being described as here, btw.


  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭AngeloArgue


    He was hardly the only one molesting minors on his island.

    I've heard talk of private plane dubbed the "Lolita express" taking powerful business, political and media friends to his private island hideaway for parties that allegedly included sex with underage girls.
    Has any of this ever being investigated?
    I know he was a billionaire that for many years rubbed shoulders with the rich and powerful of every political persuasion. He was convicted of soliciting minors for sex acts at his Palm Beach Florida home in 2008.
    He has now been charged with sex trafficking.
    I have not heard of any other suspects being questioned or charged. I've not heard of his Caribbean island home being searched for evidence.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II


    Now THAT seems like straw clutching/wishful thinking.

    Clinton is a creep - I don't care what party he is affiliated with. It's not about republicans versus democrats for me - that would be nonsense.

    I know too that people come up with right nonsense about Trump.

    I can't know either whether there is anything to implicate him - hopefully not, seeing as he is the president.

    But that quote would totally be held up by the Trump fans here if it was said by someone they don't like.

    The actual meaning of virtue signalling doesn't match what it's being described as here, btw.

    There’s one recent case where trump was mentioned. If he has had sex with a minor then impeachment is assured. You’d hope.


  • Registered Users Posts: 17,882 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe


    I didn’t engage in any speculation.

    You did.
    Bit more than guilt by association here. He was hardly the only one molesting minors on his island.

    He’s probably been protected up until now precisely because he could spill the beans on so many.

    is speculation, note the "was hardly" and "probably"

    As mentioned, Jimmy Saville met a lot of famous people, repeatedly, they went to his house, he went to theirs, they had dinner with him, it doesn't mean they were "probably" molesting kids - although that was precisely the speculation at the time when the story broke. Am more interested in the facts than the speculation and wishful thinking


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound


    Bit much dragging the Fonz into this.

    Lol I did a double take too!


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe


    This guy is a billionaire is politically connected and it's in America

    Aka he is Bullet proof


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,278 ✭✭✭volchitsa


    It's the way he said young girls after saying they both like pretty women, your too hard on the Donald, I assume this was authorized by Trump, the Clinton's/Democrats got too dirty now there going to pay for messing with el President.

    Yes I understood your point, I just don't agree with it, for the reason I gave.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II


    Dohnjoe wrote: »
    You did.



    is speculation, note the "was hardly" and "probably"

    As mentioned, Jimmy Saville met a lot of famous people, repeatedly, they went to his house, he went to theirs, they had dinner with him, it doesn't mean they were "probably" molesting kids - although that was precisely the speculation at the time when the story broke. Am more interested in the facts than the speculation and wishful thinking

    I don’t think you are really comparing apples with apples here. Jimmy Seville (whose actions were covered up by plenty of people in the BBC, the NHS, and other places) was never the less not running a sex trafficking ring which is what Epstein is accused of.

    To wit.

    The FBI had prepared a 53-page sex crimes indictment for Epstein in 2007 that could have sent him to prison for life, according to the Herald. Instead, he cut a deal with Alexander Acosta, then the US attorney in Miami, which allowed him to serve just 13 months — not in federal or state prison, but in a private wing of a Palm Beach county jail.

    He was granted work release to go to a “comfortable office” for 12 hours a day, six days a week, despite the fact that the Palm Beach Sheriff’s Department prohibited work release for sex offenders.

    Epstein’s deal, called a “non-prosecution agreement,” granted immunity to “any potential co-conspirators,” meaning that if any of Epstein’s powerful friends were involved in his crimes, they would face no consequences. And Acosta agreed that the deal would be kept secret from the victims, preventing them from showing up in court to try to challenge it.


    The non prosecution agreeement was recently declared unconstitutional. As we can see it was designed to let him off the hook and protect “co-conspirators”. Which means there were co-conspirators. (There’s that conspiracy again). And why would someone try to protect these guys? Could they be powerful?

    I’ll leave the working out as an exercise to the reader.

    Edit:

    Acosta is now working in the White House.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II


    Blueshoe wrote: »
    This guy is a billionaire is politically connected and it's in America

    Aka he is Bullet proof

    Up until now, certainly.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭AngeloArgue


    I have not heard of any other suspects being questioned or charged.

    In 2015 Virginia Roberts brought a civil case against Epstein alleging that when she was 17, Epstein had "trafficked" her for sex to several men, naming Prince Andrew and Alan Dershowitz a high profile lawyer, political writer and commentator, among others. Both strenuously deny these allegations.

    Epstein settled the case.

    As far as I can tell no further official investigation of Roberts allegations have taken place.


  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper


    It sounded like he was in serious trouble last time but essentially got away with it. Is this the real deal this time, will there be any actual accountability?


  • Registered Users Posts: 8,178 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.


    This is a good article from last year which details just how serious his crimes were, and how he essentially got away with it back then. It seems to be at least partly responsible for shining a light on the whole thing again.


    https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/article220097825.html


  • Registered Users Posts: 15,177 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes


    Jeffrey Epstein arrested on sex trafficking charges.

    Epstein was arrested for sex trafficking of MINORS, considering who Epstein is connected to this is potentially huge and could conceivably see major figures in the political, business, entertainment etc world go down.

    Interestingly a browse of the 'Liberal' media headlines from Ireland and abroad shows that they are downplaying/obscuring the most significant point that it was trafficking of Minors IE Children.


    Hardly surprising. I hope justice is served and they find everyone who was ever involved no matter how powerful.


  • Registered Users Posts: 15,177 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes


    In 2015 Virginia Roberts brought a civil case against Epstein alleging that when she was 17, Epstein had "trafficked" her for sex to several men, naming Prince Andrew and Alan Dershowitz a high profile lawyer, political writer and commentator, among others. Both strenuously deny these allegations.

    Epstein settled the case.

    As far as I can tell no further official investigation of Roberts allegations have taken place.
    You don't settle something like that you clear your name imo.


  • Registered Users Posts: 15,177 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes


    Remember he was an acquaintance of Trrump, Prince Andrew and others.

    A lot of people were around him.And if they didn't engage in his activities it is likely they at least knew the rumors about them.


  • Posts: 17,378 ✭✭✭✭ [Deleted User]


    The bigger story from a couple of days before his arrest was a judge ruling that a load of the documents be made public, including names.


  • Registered Users Posts: 15,177 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes


    The bigger story from a couple of days before his arrest was a judge ruling that a load of the documents be made public, including names.


    Good on the judge.

    I would love to read it if anyone has a link?


  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Hobosan


    As bad as he is, I don't think a 'Centre For The Torture of Epstein' , in which paying visitors are allowed to torture the man until he dies of old age, with all proceeds going to the victims of sexual abuse, is the right answer.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless



    i dont see any play button on this


Advertisement