Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Yeh Deonna is definitely winning.

Not sure about Andradre tbh. When Dragon Lee had his shot against Omega he at least showed up to the press conference in person, Andrade hasn't appeared for AAA at all apart from videos so I doubt it.

Has Andrade done any matches (on the Indys etc) since the Sydal match on Dynamite? Thought he looked so rusty + sloppy in that match and could have done with a few matches to shake it off.

He had a good match with Laredo Kid at that pop-up Lucha show last month but I don't remember much more.

Wasn't he on that dodgy Alberto show too? Think it was a three-way between those two and Carlito.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,407 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Reports all over the news sites that there is now a huge power struggle within the WWE.

There are loads worried about their jobs if HHH gets power and they are now backing Vince and reports now that HHH isn't as untouchable as he was once.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,870 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Apart from the likes of Kevin Dunn who else would possibly have their role reduced?

• Advertisement

Prichard, Laurintiais would the other high profile ones that have Vince's ear and I'm sure there are plenty around Titan Towers that are Vince's people that would be worried about their jobs if HHH gets control.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

WWE: Civil War

Team Vince vs. Team HHH

• Registered Users Posts: 85,479 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The card for NWA 73 has been shrouded in mystery leading up to their sold-out show in St. Louis on August 29. The complete card for the show was revealed Friday afternoon by Billy Corgan on the YouTube channel of the National Wrestling Alliance.

Below is the complete card for NWA 73:

NWA World Heavyweight Championship – Nick Aldis (c) vs. Trevor Murdoch

NWA National Championship – Chris Adonis (c) vs. James Storm

NWA Tag Team Championship – Aron Stevens & JR Kratos vs. MechaWolf & Bestia 666 (La Rebellion)

Mickie James vs. Kylie Rae

NWA Women’s Championship – Kamille/Leyla Hirsch winner vs. NWA Invitational winner

‘Brawl In The Lou’ – Thom Latimer vs. Crimson vs. Tim Storm

Tyrus, Masked Man & Jordan Clearwater vs. Pope, Odinson & Parrow

12-Man Battle Royal – Winner Earns A Shot At The NWA National Championship

While NWA 73 is sold out, you can still watch the show from the comfort of your own home by ordering it on FITE.

Source Wrestlezone

• Registered Users Posts: 53,953 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

If the crowd knew this was the lineup I suspect it wouldn't be sold out

imagine what they were like before the pandemic, some downfall

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Loads ? It’s the three stooges that are worried and rightly so. Kevin Dunn, Bruce Pritchard, and Johnny ace should be worried because what have/are they doing to help the company they work for ? I’d love for triple h and Stephanie to take over and tell those three to be shown the door because we might stop getting that ridiculous camera cuts, we won’t get someone so far up Vinces hole he’s an embarrassment, and without Johnny ace not there we are safe from them hiring women who aren’t out of a fashion catalogue.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I was furious when Johnny got the talent relations job again. Man's a joke at it, he's just terrible ideas and out of date notions.

02:00am our time AAA will being showing it on there Facebook page, You will need to be in Mexico to view it on there page, Now there are ways to be in Mexico from Ireland I hear if people want to watch it live.

And it starts 6 hours of live wrestling from AAA and NJPW.

Ric Flair turned up at Triplemania as Andrade's corner and now we know what he was training for.

Great show now on to NJPW Resurgence.

Well that was a great night of wrestling from both AAA & NJPW.

Nagata :)

Ospreay is cleared and in the US calling out everyone from behind their doors.

Lio Rush also now being advertised for dates in November with Strong so I guess his retirement is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭ThePott

Unless it was a deal he agree to prior to his retirement as he did say he would see out his outstanding dates before retiring. Not that I think he will stay retired anyway.

Who knows if that's all Ric was training for, hell this might give him the confidence to try another match. Still waiting to see what his role will be in AEW when he presumably shows up.

Omega/Andrade was excellent, TripleMania as a whole was pretty good in fairness to AAA. Resurgence was good too, really liked Finlay/White. Ospreay/Shingo on US soil would be nuts. New Japan need to sort out the sound on their American shows though, always atrocious.

Between those two events and Takashi Sugiura and Masato Tanaka beating the s*it out of each other in NOAH and Maki Itoh winning the Tokyo Princess Cup it was a fairly action packed weekend of pro-wrestling!

Another one ahead this week with the hotly anticipated AEW Rampage episode, IMPACT Emergence, DDT Peter Pan and the finals of the Super Junior Tag League in NJPW. Love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Ruby Soho with a little more imagination than that prison break rubbish...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭ThePott

You beat me to it, was just about to commend Ruby for not doing another prison video. Guessing this will be part of a series maybe teasing an All Out debut.

As for Punk as an actor. Only really saw him in Girl on the Third Floor. I thought he was okay in it, most people did not haha. You couldn't fault his commitment at least, I think with the right role he could do well but. Not sure Hollywood is crying out for 42 year old former wrestlers who don't look like like jacked action figures though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭orecir

Never got the hype for Ruby. She has a unique look but her promos and ring work were quite meh.

Shingo and Bushi both test positive for Covid. Both the new belt and New Japan itself seem cursed at this point, they really can't catch a break. G1 starts on September 18th, hopefully Shingo will have recovered by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,870 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

• Registered Users Posts: 53,953 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

You can tell I don't do twitter since I'm late to the party on this but Ric Flair was trending on twitter recently and I found out why and man i lolled

It wasn't him though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Pentecost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Davy05

Spotify really seem to be hoovering up the podcast market at the moment

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So....um....Ric Flair is trending on Twitter at the moment.

Maybe don't look unless you're somewhere safe to see NSFW stuff....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I could swear they tried to launch their own podcast series, except they were going to call them something else.

Advertisement