Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,309 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It's being reported now that the WWE will no longer be scouting independent wrestling and that AEW can have those indy wrestlers to themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,814 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'd say we'll see the likes of Gargano and Ciampa either get called up or released. After what reportedly happened with Bronson Reed saying about not much point keeping him in NXT if no plans for him on the main roster.

Though when you think about it, that excuse seems strange considering others they've called up recently with no clear plans like Kross

• Registered Users Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭savemejebus

From what i read it wasn't a case of 'no clear plans' with Bronson Reed, moreso that Vince saw nothing in him. I'm guessing Vince liked how Kross looked and thought he could do something with him. Hence the dollar store gladiator outfit now. Next up will be going from Karrion Kross to just Kross and then 'Kross the Kombatant" or some other Mason the Mutilator style bullshït.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Make a new Demolition tag team, he can be Krush.

If they had actually actually gone an got some real custom gear made for him instead of having someone run down to the local dollar store he might actually have a decent look.

What plans does Vince have for his Mrs now I wonder, I bet she won't be put anywhere near him.

Post edited by Agent Coulson on

• Advertisement

Adam Cole has cancelled his twitch stream today. Could he show up on Smackdow tonight?

Listening to the mat men podcast today and they were saying the Lilly Doll and Drew's blowup L.E.D sword sold out at Summerslam so we should expect more gimmicks like this to come every wrestler will have something that can be sold as a gimmick.

Kross getting the mask is for the toys.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I'm sure there are Mad Max 2 figures they can repurpose for Kross.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Rampage is taped this week. Was done after Dynamite on Wednesday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,108 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns recently called the success of SummerSlam “legitimate needle moving”, and Riddle subsequently took issue with the idea that Reigns is directly responsible for this success.

In an interview with Graham “GSM” Matthews of Bleacher Report, “The Original Bro” bragged that he could beat Reigns in a “real fight” and told him to shut up. Riddle then stated that he, alongside Randy Orton as the popular RK-Bro team, is the one “moving the needle.”

“No disrespect to Roman, he seems like a swell fella, but at the same time, it’s like when people say they’re a good parent,” said Riddle. “You know what? If you were a good parent, your kids would be telling you you’re a good parent. When he’s saying ‘Acknowledge me’ or ‘I move the needle,’ no, you don’t. You’re related to The Rock. Shut up. Like, I’m not impressed, I can beat you up in a real fight. So, shut your mouth.

“You’re not moving needles. I’m the real stallion, RK-Bro is moving the merch, we’re moving the needle, and that’s it. I don’t want to say too much, I’m not trying to get in trouble. Hey, hats off to him. He’s amazing at what he does. I do like what he does, but at the same time, it’s like, get off your high horse. You’re in that spot for a reason. You’re not a bro. You’re second generation. I’m first generation.”

Speaking of Orton, Riddle explained that though their personalities clash on WWE programming, they really get along in real life. He spoke highly of “The Viper” and noted that Orton makes him better in multiple ways.

“Dude, me and Randy, we just get it,” said Riddle. “But we really enjoy each other’s company,” he said. “I enjoy his work, he enjoys my work. He respects me for my background in mixed martial arts and even Goldberg respects me now for my passion and my grind and the work I put in and that I don’t take shortcuts and I always want to have a hard-hitting great match.

“For me and Randy, when we work together, it’s a beautiful thing, we’re at different points of our career, but mentally, we’re at the same point. He’s just so smart and knows what he’s doing. Literally, he’s probably helped save my jobs multiple times. There’s not a bad thing I can say about him. I just really like Randy. He makes me happy, he makes me a better wrestler, [and] he makes me a better person.”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

WWE is a kids show aimed at children so it makes sense!

You wanna know a little secret?” Liv Morgan teased. “When Becky left, I gave her a hug goodbye. She whispered in my ear, ‘When I come back, you are going to be champion.’ I’ve thought about that every single day. She’s back, and I’m not champion. But I’m looking so, so, so forward to proving her right. Maybe, not on her timeline, but I’m going to be champion, and I’d love to take it off of Becky Lynch.”

You can check out Liv Morgan’s full interview on Peacock and the WWE Network. If you use any quotes from this article, please credit WWE Talking Smack and give a h/t to Wrestling Inc. for the transcription.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Few truer words have ever been spoken.

It's why Vince is a billionaire. Kids make parents spend stupid money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Yeah I've come to accept now in the main that WWE is not aimed at me any more. So I'm not going to get worked up about it and I think I'll just continue spending the few hours a week that I want to commit to watching wrestling mostly on AEW. It's not perfect but when it's good it's much more like what I really want to watch.

WWE still have the talent to produce a better show than they are, but that's not what they want to do and they're now being quite public about that. The talent there should now be fully on notice as to what's in store for them in WWE going forward so they can make their own choices. There's now a solid alternative for any that are up to it too.

If my dentist looked like Britt my appointments might be a bit less unpleasant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,058 ✭✭✭ThePott

Saw someone on Reddit point out the hilarious idea that there's probably people just going to a dentist nearby that's covered by their health care plan and seeing a waiting room flooded with people wearing a blood soaked picture of their dentist on a t-shirt not knowing what the hell is going on.

WWE Shop accidentally leaked a photo last week featuring WWE Hall of Famer Stone Cold and John Cena, mentioning that ‘Eras Collide when Attitude Era meets Ruthless Aggression.’

WWE Network News is now reporting that John Cena will indeed be Stone Cold’s next guest on his Broken Skull Sessions podcast. The episode is currently scheduled to release on September 26, the same say as WWE Extreme Rules.

Cena is expected to wrap up his current WWE run with one final appearance at Madison Square Garden on September 10, but the appearance may only be a dark match for the live crowd and not a TV appearance.

"Why do all of these people keep chanting DMD when the receptionist answers the phone?"

• Advertisement

I'm sure since Rebel is receptionist, she knows why. 😀

Can't bring myself to watch EmPowerrr because on the whole the NWA absolutely stinks, but it sounds like a decent night of action in fairness! Not sure about night two though, saw that attempt of a middle-rope splash from Tyrus, the less said the better.

But I'd say the best women's action of the weekend was to be found in STARDOM, they put the show up on YT. Takumi Iroha vs Maika and Natsupoi vs Starlight Kid for the High Speed Championship in the main event are well worth checking out!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

It was kess of a splash and more of a drop and slow motion roll.

Poor Tyrus looks in poor shape.

The latest class of WWE Performance Center recruits was announced today on WWE.com.

Some of the notable names on the list include Ben Buchanan, the son of former WWE star Bull Buchanan. They also signed Bobby Steveson, the brother of Gable Steveson, and Joseph Fatu, the brother of SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Usos.

You'd certainly know that was a brother of the Usos

Rush underwent emergency surgery yesterday in Mexico and is not in a good way according to reports this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Oh you can bet they'll be on his own cruise. Say one thing in public, do the exact opposite in private.

One of the writers from WON did a list of the top 50 pro-wrestlers in the world aged 25 or under. It's an interesting idea, and he without a doubt got the number one pick correct, Utami Hayashis*ita is one of the best wrestlers in the world of any age, it's insane to think she's only three years in the business.

The rest of the top ten in descending order was MJF, Kaito Kiyomiya, Shun Skywalker, Chris Bey, Hijo del Vikingo, Yuki Ueno, Mei Suruga, Tyler Bate and AZM. I agree with a good bit of the top 10 but there is no way Momo Watanabe or Tsukushi Haruka is behind Mei Suruga. And as a Dragongate Stan not having SBK or Kaito Ishida in the top ten is just not right! From a US perspective Jungle Boy and Ace Austin surely knocking on the door.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Punk has retired from MMA with a record of 0 wins, 1 loss and 1 no contest.

Advertisement