Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1421510725563043841?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 60,310 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

He looks in the best shape of his life as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,058 ✭✭✭ThePott

Wow, they really did him dirty. Reinvented himself with a gimmick that got over (at least initially) and they gave it to someone else and fired him. Never really cared for his in-ring work but he had some good segments and moments at least. That means the whole Wyatt family is gone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,173 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Did not expect that.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wyatt and Rotunda families.

Not too surprised really. Unless they changed the gimmick he was stuck in a loop. And yeah, giving it to Alexa seemed strange. Wonder how long they were planning that takieover

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

They planned for it they day Wyatt asked for Time off after mania for mental health reasons. They immediately even changed the finish so bray would lose softly.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,124 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Big E spoke with Josh Lawless of SPORTbible and gave answers to questions like, “Who is the most vain WWE Superstar?” Although WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns came to Mr. Money in the Bank’s mind, Big E went with The Miz.

“You might be surprised, he’s mellowed as he’s gotten older and definitely got better,” Big E said. “But he was pretty insufferable when I first met him and I’ve told him this — just very unpleasant to be around and very obnoxious.

“He would do things almost like an 8-year-old. I promise you, he legit did the ‘I’m not touching you’ with his finger an inch from my face and I like being unbothered. He’s gotten better which is why he didn’t come to mind but The Miz was fairly awful when I first met him.”

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

"Cole has a lot of options in front of him, including companies who are not even in the current wrestling space." A new company starting up? I was actually thinking a few months ago that you could start a new national company with all the big free agents available (Punk, Danielson, Lesnar, Andrade, Black, Strowman etc) but it seems a bit late now with nearly all them signing elsewhere.

Interesting on Cole. You'd have to think he'd go to AEW with Britt Baker there and all his mates. Also he's a big gamer so to be able to stream on twitch again and stuff would be big for him (or is it different for people in NXT? Not sure)

How funny would it be if it was Cole that turned up on Rampage not Punk on the Friday before Summerslam.

I think there might be a riot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,058 ✭✭✭ThePott

Cole is still streaming AFAIK. I don't think NXT are limited to streaming like the Main Roster are.

One of the more shocking things about this is it seems like WWE have no idea what's going on with their contracts. The apparently thought he was locked down till December, his deal was up in Early July and he agreed to work without a contract until after Summerslam and re-evaluate then. Between this and the Aleister Black contract they don't half look incompetent. Also says a lot about both parties that he's working sans deal on TV. I do wonder what Cole's place in AEW would be, I've seen a lot of people suggest that he would have been in the Hangman Page position if he was in AEW.

As much as people have been saying AEW is getting 'full' (definitely getting there), you don't pass on an Adam Cole. As for the other 'big name'. It's not a full time wrestler so who knows who that could be, could be anyone from a producer to a big name performer. Or a WWE Legend, heard some suggest Ric Flair. Either way wrestling is fascinating right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,879 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Yeah I was thinking someone like Booker T who does the panel shows for the PPVs.

I would 100% take Adam Cole over Wyatt.

He had already reported on Cole before these tweets and Cole's contract is expiring (didn't ask for a release). It's someone else.

in that case I reckon Bobby Fish

• Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

As much as companies need to avoid repeating what TNA did, there are companies besides AEW that could do with signing big names to get eyes back on them, like RoH. Although I didn't watch it back when the likes of Danielson and Cole were on it, I know people recognised it as having some of the most talented wrestlers in the world.

ROH seems like the company with the least buzz atm and could do with a big signing. I could be wrong but I think I remember reading over the weekend that they sold 19 tickets or something in a week for one of their upcoming shows. Can't remember where I read it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

If anyone other than punk turn up there’ll be if not a riot, a whole load of royally listed off people.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

"I didn't mean to fuel the rumour mill."

Yes you did.

• Advertisement

Vince hinted at all this with his words at the conference call last week.

“I don’t consider them competition in the way that I would consider WCW back in the day, not anywhere near close to that. And I’m not so sure what their investments are as far as their talent is concerned, but perhaps we can give them some more.”

Vince did not elaborate on that last line.

The one main roster talent that could be a bit of a forbidden door game changer if released could be Devitt returning to NJPW.

The founder of The Bullet Club returning and wanting the control of it back setting up a war between all versions of it that are in different promotions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Does anyone really care about Devitt anymore? The aura he had before WWE is long withered away I would have thought.

PWG was insane! I won't spoil what happened!

I even met everyone's fave Dave Meltzer, very nice in person and way less awkward when talking. He's a tank too.

I was excited when Balor signed for WWE because I didn't see much of his stuff outside WWE but he bores the arse off me. I hate saying that because he's Irish and want to see him do well but just being honest.

I do think Devitt would get over again if he went back to Japan i do not think he would work in AEW but do not think he wants to go back to Japan full time anyway and seems happy making good money in the WWENXT.

Flair was the name that asked for their release

• Registered Users Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

"Dad, go help Andrade. He can't talk for shít and they even paired him with Vickie."

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Andrade with ric would be a huge upgrade on Vickie and then AEW would three horsemen on their roster in arn, Tully, and Ric.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Rumour has it Alexa Bliss has now also asked for her release.

• Advertisement

wow it's like a domino affect

Some time to be a journalist in wrestling

Advertisement