Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Rikishi, obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,981 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Just watched Midnight Express vs Fantastics from Clash of the Champions 1.

Only about ten minutes, but holy ****, talk about a hot crowd.

I think WWE would have no problem going back to the thunderdome.

There's no way no pictures could be enforced though

• Registered Users Posts: 28,870 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah would understand video because don't want to hear the real reactions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭ThePott

Seems like that is a venue decision and not uncommon and rarely enforced.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Yep, someone on Reddit posted ancient WWF/WWE tickets with the venue forbidding camcorder footage etc. It's a ridiculous rule that no-one pays attention to. What are they gonna do, kick out everyone who takes their phone out? Good luck.

But Meltzer throws the chum out and people bite.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

It was like that when I went in the O2 10 years ago. Rule was always there, never inforced.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,407 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The venue tweeted this out before deleting it, So this is where the story came from. Nobody is making anything up they are reporting what the venue tweeted.

Some folk get all hot about nothing.

TONIGHT – WWE SmackDown is in the building! There will be a strict NO photo/video recording policy tonight. Failure to comply will result in ejection. Wearing a mask is highly encouraged."

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

This weeks Jim cornette experience podcast is a a very hard listen and I’m only starting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,181 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Fun fact: it actually says no recording on the WWF June Dublin 1995 tickets too. But when the show opened Fink says its ok to take personal photography on the mic.

You do have to laugh as if someone was recording back in the day you'd see some guy with a massive camcorder on his shoulder. Hardly discreet lol.

Well the curtain call was recorded by a fan in 96, So it happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Tried to listen but had to turn off. Very hard to listen to Jim so broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I listened in two parts. The very start and the very end are **** heartbreaking to listen to.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

whats going on with cornette?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭savemejebus

What exactly in that interview makes you think he is an idiot?

All he does is talk up Shaq and Ogogo.

That is as a by the numbers interview as you will get there nothing in there to make anyone look like an idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

QT working people into a shoot. Just see his CVV interview to see how much of a worker he is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭savemejebus

He lied to Shaq about padding for a table bump. If you don't see the problem there then I can't help you.

Well the mats were there so technically... 😀

Surprised people are giving the pass here but that's incredibly unprofessional and hypothetically had he been injured there would be serious fallout.

Don't give me that paying your dues nonsense either, he's not a wrestler he's a celebrity and a guest performer and every effort should be made to protect them. Personally, I agree idiot. One for doing it and one for admitting it.

Major news in Mexico, CMLL Trios's Champions New Generation Dynamite have walked out of the company, If they turn up on AAA there could be a major issues in the Mexican wrestling community.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I don't think QT would have put Shaq in any major danger if he thought it was a risky bump. I'm not saying it was a smart more or any kind of ethical one, but we've been teaching children to swim by throwing them into the water whether they're ready or not for thousands of years - this is the pro-wrestling equivalent (and seemingly the norm for this industry - an industry with a lot of potentially out-dated traditions and insider-knowledge). Again, I don't personally think it was a good thing to do, but I wouldn't be too inclined to condemn QT completely without hearing what Shaq thinks. You can't deny that the table spot was a highlight of the match.

I don't really think that's the point.

The table spot was fine but if you have someone who is not a trained wrestler, someone coming outside the product to help your company not taking care of them is a pretty sh1tty thing to. Again I know this is 'old-school carnie' stuff, seen plenty of that in action but that doesn't make it excusable. Especially considering this is a major promotion that should hold itself to a certain professional standard. Shaq will probably brush it off because he was seemingly fine but there's no way of knowing it would have worked out safely for him. You increase the chances of it going smoothly and safely when you put some padding down.

I would say this of any promotion, you have a duty of care to your performers, especially someone who's career lies outside of the ring like Shaq.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I also think that Shaq (luckily) might have been fine with that, but once that story goes out there, it can cost them further celebrity involvements as well. Because now any celebrity or guest coming in will think, "Sure, they say I'll be protected, but they've admitted to lying about that before!".

Its stupid from QT, and probably guarantees he never works in or around special guests again.

Keith Lee has explained why he was off TV from January. TLDR: He did contract COVID in January (says Mia actually stayed by his side and ended up getting COVID which cost her a spot in the Royal Rumble). He had a match post-COVID in February, after blood tests they noticed some inflammation of the heart and he was forbidden from training. He had to go through various testing, including MRI machines. There was speculation that he may have a heart disease. Over time the inflammation of his heart went down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

TripleMania on tomorrow, looking forward to it.

Omega/Andrade is the standout to most fans obviously, will be interesting to see what happens with the belt collector there. It's hard to envision Omega losing these days but AAA have been hinting towards an Andrade/Psycho Clown feud so it's a tough one to call.

The Psycho Clown/Rey Escorpion mask vs hair match and the Lucha Bros triple-threat tag title match will both be great. Faby Apache/Deonna could be memorable for the wrong reasons, Purazzo has not meshed well with the promotion in her previous appearances and Faby can be pretty stiff with non-Mexican wrestlers.

Not the easiest show to watch live, I don't think you can legally outside of Mexico but it will be up on all the usual spots afterwards I'm sure.

• Advertisement

Is Andrade signed with AEW or just don't appearances? Again, I think AEW are the ones making decisions on when Kenny loses a title.

As it's title vs title I think Deonna will win since they're already building her title match against Melina.

Advertisement