Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Orton’s flirting with AEW on social media worked he signed a new multi year deal with the WWE.

Seems he took a page from Lesnar's book, gimme what I want or I walk..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

It’s mad that Randy been on tv since 2002 will be 22 years on tv if it’s a five year contract he signed

• Registered Users Posts: 28,806 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So another 5 years of segments/matches I can skip through. Can't remember the last time I was interested in something he did

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So another 5 years of segments/matches I can skip through. Can't remember the last time I was interested in something he did

Stuff with bray but then they effed that up eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Good on Randal for getting another five years out of the E. I know he's been more often than not phoning it in for a good few years but he's a 13 time worlds champion and he is what John Cena would be if Cena could wrestle. Orton was and is gifted in the ring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Good on Randal for getting another five years out of the E. I know he's been more often than not phoning it in for a good few years but he's a 13 time worlds champion and he is what John Cena would be if Cena could wrestle. Orton was and is gifted in the ring.

How has Cena had infinitely more memorable matches than Orton if Cena can't wrestle?

Cena was a great wrestler his run when he did the us open challenge was great not to mention his many other great matches

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Orton's stuff with Hardy and the screwdriver to the ear etc was good I thought

Apart from that I barely remember any of his matches since the one vs Taker at 'Mania

J. Marston wrote: »
    How has Cena had infinitely more memorable matches than Orton if Cena can't wrestle?

Jerry lawler had tons of memorable matches but Lawler was a poor wrestler and if he hadn't of being able to throw a glorious punch he had nothing. Jerry Lawler and Nick Bockwinkel had a great feud in memphis in the 1980's and I'm not saying either Orton or Cena are on those guys level, but I'm saying that Orton was the Bockwinkel(the skilled in ring wrestler) and Cena is Lawler( the brawler who was limited).

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Orton's awful and Cena is an all time great. I'm harsh on Orton. Most people think he's at least talented if a bit boring. I think if you're boring for 15 years you basically suck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Orton is very talented and also quite unfortunately an utter stooge happy to collect the pay check. Nakamura gets grief for phoning it in but nobody can touch Randy in the coasting stakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Orton is very talented and also quite unfortunately an utter stooge happy to collect the pay check. Nakamura gets grief for phoning it in but nobody can touch Randy in the coasting stakes.

Part of me wonders how he'd do outside WWE to see if he'd put in the same level of performances. But Randy has been just the RKO guy for some time so would likely drag down shows if anything.
    Nakamura in fairness has had great matches in the last 5 years so more was expected of him but his WWE run has been a retirement tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I'd no doubt he'd be stellar outside of WWE if he was motivated. That promo he cut about the fans is an example of how good he is.

But he's never struck me as being particularly passionate about the business, moreso that he can't believe his luck that he's found a profession that will pay him mad money for doing fcuk all.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Orton is the most bland so called top wrestler around.

He has it in himself to be as good as it gets but he is very happy to just go by the numbers and collect his check.

Can't blame him for that as the WWE have given him a very big check for being bland.

Seems the only times fans in the arena get excited to see him is when we don't see him coming from the audience until he hits the RKO out of nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Orton is the most bland so called top wrestler around.

He has it in himself to be as good as it gets but he is very happy to just go by the numbers and collect his check.

Can't blame him for that as the WWE have given him a very big check for being bland.

I think Randy is as good as anyone out there. Both in the ring and as a character. Just hasn't been used well in years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

As far as I’m aware Randy has never played anything other than Randy. I could be wrong but I think he could do with a big character change.

Anybody following the tour. I have tickets for tomorrow night at the 3 arena, who am I likely to see

I don't see why Randy keeps getting pushed over guys like Cesaro.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,792 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

BDI wrote: »
    As far as I’m aware Randy has never played anything other than Randy. I could be wrong but I think he could do with a big character change.

Anybody following the tour. I have tickets for tomorrow night at the 3 arena, who am I likely to see

You have king Corbin vs Reigns to look forward too ha

• Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Because he speaks American?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

For me Randy has been in the WWE for too long and needs a change to freshen things up, a stint in AEW would do him the world of good

Gone already. What did it say?

Basically jimmy havok was drunk and started fight with Excalibur who choked him out

https://www.ringsidenews.com/2019/11/09/jimmy-havoc-in-drunken-fight-with-excalibur-in-front-of-tony-khan/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

I don’t get it. Are we getting the Scottish line up tomorrow night?

Rey Mysterio

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

So Dixie Carter is Declan donnellys cousin? what a weird world we live in

montyrebel wrote: »
    So Dixie Carter is Declan donnellys cousin? what a weird world we live in

Declan Donnelly as is in Dec from Ant and Dec ? Is Dec the tall lad or the short lad ? Of all the things I expected to read thus isn't one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,792 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Not news but that be a very nice sight to see in a Dublin pub ha

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4tEPjLg2hU/?igshid=wgt11vhkd4vj

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I don't get it too. Is Orton selling a ton load of merch every month or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Declan Donnelly as is in Dec from Ant and Dec ? Is Dec the tall lad or the short lad ? Of all the things I expected to read thus isn't one of them.

yep the same one and he is the short one

Advertisement