Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

with the amount of talent they have and they only have 2 hours to fill each week unhappiness is bound to foster

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭ThePott

It's a joke.
    WWE have basically done away with the main roster call-up now and talent are working more on a televised programme with none of the perks. There's plenty of wrestlers that should be on 'main roster' in NXT and the cash that comes with that call-up.

Now that NXT is the Third Brand, they won't be main roster bound and as a result don't get paid the cash that comes with it. If NXT really is a main show, treat it as such and pay the talent right. F this company.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If anyone missed Vice's The Wrestlers it's now on Channel 4's All4 app.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Pentecost

ThePott wrote: »
    It's a joke.
    WWE have basically done away with the main roster call-up now and talent are working more on a televised programme with none of the perks. There's plenty of wrestlers that should be on 'main roster' in NXT and the cash that comes with that call-up.

Now that NXT is the Third Brand, they won't be main roster bound and as a result don't get paid the cash that comes with it. If NXT really is a main show, treat it as such and pay the talent right. F this company.

It does suck for those that signed up on the promise of a step up in a couple of years. The current in demand indie talent would be a lot better off not tying themselves to a WWE three or four year deal if they have other viable options. And that's aside from the concerns about how they'd be used creatively.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

What would the guys like Cole and Gargano be getting in comparison to No Way Jose or Eric Young?
    The problem with call ups is that there's no room being made for them. Like how many have been called up in the past couple years and how many have left the main roster to make way for them?
    So even though on less money, they're big fish in a small pond where they are and they have a pretty fixed location which means they get to go home more often than main roster guys.
    Of course, the problem is since they're not moving up, no one can move in to take their place. If you look at the roster now, it's been mostly the same guys for the past while.

• Advertisement

I honestly can’t remember the last person they got rid of.

There used to be yearly culls but seems to have dried up not much future endeavours the last 3 or 4 years

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

sky88 wrote: »
    I honestly can’t remember the last person they got rid of.

Cass, TJP or Dillinger

ERG89 wrote: »
    Cass, TJP or Dillinger

All fairly forgettable wrestlers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

All fairly forgettable wrestlers

How dare you speak ill of those indie darlings!!

CastorTroy wrote: »
    What would the guys like Cole and Gargano be getting in comparison to No Way Jose or Eric Young?
    The problem with call ups is that there's no room being made for them. Like how many have been called up in the past couple years and how many have left the main roster to make way for them?
    What, I'm saying is that if they can't move up they deserve pay like main roster talent at least the people at the top of the NXT card do. They're doing a live televised show every week, sure there's benefits of being in NXT regarding travel/accomodation but they should still get a salary closer to their main roster counterparts. If WWE is shouting about it being the 3rd Brand, treat it as such.

As far as pay, not sure but believe NXT Pay is between 50-120 grand or something like that. I heard Io gets 60 grand a year. Then again can't remember where I heard this so grain of salt and all that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm not trying to defend their pay. The top guys deserve at least main roster midcard pay. I say that because while they're talking about it being the third brand it would also probably be considered the C-Show.
    Though now I'm curious if the 205 guys are paid as main roster talent or NXT talent. After all they are on Smackdown's events and sometimes put in appearances on the main shows. But they also work NXT

Since wwe don’t release pay we will never really know what there unless someone actually comes out and says it which is doubtful

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I'm not trying to defend their pay. The top guys deserve at least main roster midcard pay. I say that because while they're talking about it being the third brand it would also probably be considered the C-Show.Though now I'm curious if the 205 guys are paid as main roster talent or NXT talent. After all they are on Smackdown's events and sometimes put in appearances on the main shows. But they also work NXT
    I had always heard that 205 guys were on NXT pay and that it was the worst gig as you got NXT pay but had main roster expenses. You're right that they will put it as a lesser show but considering it's televised and they're hyping it more than ever the pay should reflect that.

And as someone said the pay is all rumoured albeit seems fairly accurate or at least multiple people have said it in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Joey Mercury goes off on ROH, who are having a **** 2019 by all accounts..

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/joey-mercury-goes-roh-gm-greg-gilleland-treatment-talent-and-more

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Joey Mercury goes off on ROH, who are having a **** 2019 by all accounts..

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/joey-mercury-goes-roh-gm-greg-gilleland-treatment-talent-and-more

the rate there going at wwe will be buying them for the video library any day now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

the rate there going at wwe will be buying them for the video library any day now

I'd be more concerned about their talents welfare & medical treatment than a tape library.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

What is going on with the delay in Saudi? There’s talk on Twitter (yeah yeah) that there’s some reason for the delay that isn’t to do with an issue with the plane etc

TimesArrow wrote: »
    What is going on with the delay in Saudi? There’s talk on Twitter (yeah yeah) that there’s some reason for the delay that isn’t to do with an issue with the plane etc
    Nothing has been confirmed but yes there's a lot of speculation that it's something aside from mechanical issues with the plane which at this stage you must assume is not true.
    There has been a rumour that Vince got in an argument with the Saudis. A lot of people are assuming that someone got caught with drugs or alcohol.

As of now nothing is confirmed and there's still seemingly in Saudi Arabia.

I bet this out does the plane ride from hell story.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Yeah being stuck in a dry country for nearly 24 hours longer than expected and knowing they won't make smackdown now there might be a bit of steam left off. Also, the fact they may not have slept particularly well since last night Saudi time won't help.

• Advertisement

Probably
    Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Yeah being stuck in a dry country for nearly 24 hours longer than expected and knowing they won't make smackdown now there might be a bit of steam left off. Also, the fact they may not have slept particularly well since last night Saudi time won't help.

That's if the stars who went over are actually drinkers/casual drinkers otherwise massive assumption made is massive.

Going off Cesaro's Instagram, seems some of them have landed in Ireland for refueling.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Officer999

Meltzer is reporting the crew are still in Saudi and are due to take off in 5 hours

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Probably

That's if the stars who went over are actually drinkers/casual drinkers otherwise massive assumption made is massive.

I'm not assuming or presuming anything. I was replying to a post about the plane ride from hell and the shananigans that happened on that flight.

Lance storm is returning to WWE as a producer according to a tweet from him. That's a brilliant hire for WWE as it will only help the talent to be able to pick his brain on wrestling.

So Steph said in an interview in BR that they did consider having another all women's PPV this but instead decided to focus on having a women's match in Saudi instead.

So Steph said in an interview in BR that they did consider having another all women's PPV this but instead decided to focus on having a women's match in Saudi instead.
    What nonsense, we can't put on a women's PPV because we need to concentrate on having one women's match that could easily be pulled at the last minute like it was last time. Also we can't announce it till it's nearly show time because it could easily fall apart.

Such BS, if the Saudi match had not happened what would they have said then. Tripe.

Orton’s flirting with AEW on social media worked he signed a new multi year deal with the WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Orton’s flirting with AEW on social media worked he signed a new multi year deal with the WWE.

Gas. Never really thought WWE wrestlers could do that.
    Guess it depends on who you are. Actually, on that subject I was just so happen to be reading up about D-lo Brown over the weekend. Said he never really recovered professionally from the Droz thing but what really fu*ked him up was that after Vince Russo went to WCW many thought he was going next. Thus he was jobbed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Wwe wrestlers? What are those shur all wrestlers are I dependant contractors according to wwe

Advertisement