Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 239 Jones Vs Santos

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

sorry forgot the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

This is more like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Really think Holm has a good chance to outpoint Nunes.

Hopefully Santos doesn’t buckle the way Smith did. Come out fast and try and get Jones respect and it could be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,822 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Would love to see Santos go for broke early rather than getting picked apart for 4/5 rnds

He probably has to do this

Go Giblert!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Go Giblert!

37 and still truckin. I'm 38 and watching o the couch drink in hand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Gilbert needs to stop cutting to 145. It makes no sense at this stage of his career.

Either retire and focus on your punditary career or move back to 155.

Cutting to 145 is killing him.

I dunno why, but I'd super happy Ortega is getting mainstream attention with stuff like the Modelo advertisement.
    He ****ed up when he was a kid, admitted to his wrongdoing, and since then has worked his ass off to get himself to being recognised as one of the very best at 145. I know Max ****ed him up, but that's no shade towards Brian, that's just how good Max is.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

A fine performance from Allen, but Giblert isn’t the tough matchup he once was. The result was never in doubt going into the third, and Melendez was never going to finish him either.

He was such a force back in the Strikeforce days but Father Time has definitely caught up with him

• Advertisement

I dunno why, but I'd super happy Ortega is getting mainstream attention with stuff like the Modelo advertisement.
    He ****ed up when he was a kid, admitted to his wrongdoing, and since then has worked his ass off to get himself to being recognised as one of the very best at 145. I know Max ****ed him up, but that's no shade towards Brian, that's just how good Max is.

I’m surprised Zabit is fav to beat him. I’ll take Ortega all day long.

He was such a force back in the Strikeforce days but Father Time has definitely caught up with him

time and the added weight cut are nor kind.

I actually think people like him, at their age, would benefit far more from a 165lbs division than they would from cutting an extra 10lbs to 145, because the bigger 155lb'ers will move up naturally.

mdwexford wrote: »
    I’m surprised Zabit is fav to beat him. I’ll take Ortega all day long.

I love T-City, but I don't see where he beats Zabit.
    Zabit's wrestling is A+++ his submission grappling is A+++ and his striking is A+++.

I think Zabit is the scariest prospect in all of MAA right now.

I love T-City, but I don't see where he beats Zabit.
    Zabit's wrestling is A+++ his submission grappling is A+++ and his striking is A+++.

I think Zabit is the scariest prospect in all of MAA right now.

He is top drawer and it’ll be a class fight.

I just think Ortega is a savage.

mdwexford wrote: »
    He is top drawer and it’ll be a class fight.

I just think Ortega is a savage.

Yeah I agree. There's no quit in Ortega and maybe if it ends up on the mat, he might have a slight advantage.

I think it's a stellar matchup either way.

Anyone picking Santos for the upset?

As good as this card is, I get the feeling we'll all be here at 6am having watched exactly what we knew we would, dominant performances from Nunes & Jones

• Registered Users Posts: 37,515 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Some really impressive young guys on show tonight. The Chinese lads looks really dangerous but I'd put him only third among the young guys. Allen was seriously impressive but for me the most exciting and promising looking of the young ones is Edmen Shahbazyan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

As good as this card is, I get the feeling we'll all be here at 6am having watched exactly what we knew we would, dominant performances from Nunes & Jones

Stuck a fiver on a first round finish for last 4 underdogs. Bookie is offering a double payout
    ..i'm a few drinks in and otherwise would be spendinflg 20 on my kids getting ice cream tomorrow;)

Don't see it, but I'd love it.

I think Jones is scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Can someone please gimme a link to buy this on PC? All my methods have failed. Just want to watch the fights!

• Advertisement

Chiesa really does look in fantastic shape now at 170, he looked soft and gaunt as a lightweight but there’s some proper muscle definition there now.

He’ll take this on points I reckon, he won’t catch Diego in a sub.

Deigo Sanchez using J Cole Fire Squad as his walk out.

I'd love to pick Diego here for the upset but it's just not going to happen

I'd love to pick Diego here for the upset but it's just not going to happen

I didn't fancy him against Micky Gall either tbh but Nightmere is someone you can't discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Come on Diego you crazy lunatic!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Just keep getting into the already purchased/sign in screen. Anyone actually buy it to watch on PC?!

I think Diego is the only fighter mad (stupid?) enough to take elbows to the side of the head just to land a few back to Mike’s thigh. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,515 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Chiesa looks awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Still Ill wrote: »
    Just keep getting into the already purchased/sign in screen. Anyone actually buy it to watch on PC?!

Try that link I sent you. Watching it here clear as a bell

Advertisement