Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RATE MY TEAM 19/20

Options

Comments

ElTel wrote: »
    Hard to knock with a planned WC. I'd have Sterling before Salah.
    Your a rotation man, ok, but perhaps forgo Dedonkey for a guy with no europe involvement...

I'm an Ings fan too. Haven't seen a bit of the Saints but the new striker dents the appeal.

I think the new striker will help Ings.

He’ll be much better in a two and he’s on penos.

If I thought he’d stay injury free for more than 4 weeks I would definitely buy him. I could do with a 6.0m striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Thoughts/feedback on the below?

GK: Pope | Heaton
    DF: Van Dijk | Matip | Ake | Taylor (Burnley) | Kelly
    MF: Salah | Sterling | Perez | Grealish | Dendoncker
    FW: Kane | Wood | King

GK: Pope and Heaton alternate well and you're guaranteed a home game every week with one of them. There's no real tough decision until Week 10 when they're playing Chelsea and City respectively and I can always sub one out that week, budget permitting.

DF: I think Matip starts for the first few weeks as a reward for a good end of season last year, and can't see Klopp dropping him when he hasn't really put a foot wrong. Once Gomez starts getting a look in, I can re-evaluate. Ake is in for Bournemouth's favourable fixtures, as is Taylor for Burnley. Think he had close to 3300 minutes last year so assuming he keeps his place.

MF: Perez on good form on preseason, and don't see Rodgers spending that much to rotate or leave him on the bench. Should play fairly high up the pitch too. Villa have some favourable fixtures after Spurs and Grealish will be at the heart of anything they do going forward. Dendoncker is the best of the 4.5m fodder.

FW: Fairly confidential starting either (or both) of King and Wood any gameweek. Great opening week fixtures, and some of the easier schedules to open the season. Burnley's is trickier, but that's why it's good to have Grealish in midfield for rotation as there's that Villa/Burnley home game banker in play (though Grealish will more likely come in for Taylor in my defence when Burnley have a tough game).

I'd consider a perma GK. BHA is the only? 8.5M spend.
    Consider the GKs and Taylor/Ake. Very good

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

I think the new striker will help Ings.

He’ll be much better in a two and he’s on penos.

If I thought he’d stay injury free for more than 4 weeks I would definitely buy him. I could do with a 6.0m striker.

Agreed on everything. I waiting on our Favourite saints fan update. :o Even a "he's a bit like a fit Lallana" would help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Originally was sitting on

A

Allison Norris

Shaw robbo pieters Johnson guilbert

Sterling salah lanzini Barkley ceballos

Kane wesley nketiah

3-5-2 with defenders rotating.

Having a bit of a tinker now looking at

B

Pope Heaton

Zouma Shaw robbo Kelly Johnson

Sterling lanzini salah ceballos quina

Abraham kane Wesley

3-4-3 is tempting.

Or

C

Allison Norris

Zouma robbo pieters guilbert Johnson

Salah sterling lanzini Ricky

Dela Wilson Wesley

Atm I think C looks best but is 3-5-2 better than 3-4-3...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I haven't been able to settle on a formation, so I've tried to come up with the best draft for 4-4-2, 3-4-3, and 3-5-2.

The 'Four-Four-F@#*ing-Two'

Lloris (Button)

Not sure about Lloris as set-and-forget, but in this draft I was leaving myself with 5.5 and I think he's the pick at that price.

Robertson—VVD—Laporte—Zouma—(Lundstram)

Liverpool didn't have a great pre-season but a great set of fixtures to start, and I'm dubious about reading too much into pre-season anyway. Zouma is a little bit punty, but I think there's a decent chance he starts.

Barkley—Salah—Sterling—Maddison—(Dendonker)

Speaking of punty...I don't disagree with those who feel like Barkley is a trap, but he could be a superb bit of value. Though I think having two Chelsea punts might be too much. I think the rest of the midfield speaks for itself. I didn't own Maddison last year, and he became something of a nemesis.

Jota—Rashford—(Greenwood)

Front three feels a bit lightweight, but that's the price you pay for having Salah and Sterling along with a premium defence. I don't have any expectation of Greenwood starting, but I'm slightly worried about a CHO situation and rapid price drop.

——————————————————

3-5-2 (and a premium swap)

Pope Heaton

Seems to be the best choice for a rotating pair, and saves 0.5 on set-and-forget (assuming the 'set' is at least 5.5).

Robertson—AWB—Zinchenko—(Dunk)—(Lundstram)

In this version I had to swap Laporte for Zinchenko, which is this version's defensive punt. Not sold on United yet, but AWB was my favoured 5.5.

Barkley—Salah—KDB—Perez—Siggy

Maddison out for Perez because I needed to find 0.5. The biggest change here, though, is KDB in for Sterling to facilitate...

Kane—Jota—(Greenwood)

So, it's shaping up to be Kane versus Sterling in my final draft, with the other heavy premium slot going to Mo. I've kept Harry for the final formation draft:

——————————————————

3-4-3

Pope Heaton

No change.

Robertson—AWB—Laporte—(Dunk)—(Lundstram)

Welcome back Laporte.

Barkley—Salah—KDB—Maddison—(Dendoncker)

Was able to restore Maddison to this formation, Dendoncker props up the bench.

Jota—Kane—King

Tasty enough looking forward line to my eyes. King could become Wilson with some tinkering (Maddison to Perez, maybe AWB to Zouma).

Any thoughts are welcome :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I haven't been able to settle on a formation, so I've tried to come up with the best draft for 4-4-2, 3-4-3, and 3-5-2.

The 'Four-Four-F@#*ing-Two'

Lloris (Button)

Not sure about Lloris as set-and-forget, but in this draft I was leaving myself with 5.5 and I think he's the pick at that price.

Robertson—VVD—Laporte—Zouma—(Lundstram)

Liverpool didn't have a great pre-season but a great set of fixtures to start, and I'm dubious about reading too much into pre-season anyway. Zouma is a little bit punty, but I think there's a decent chance he starts.

Barkley—Salah—Sterling—Maddison—(Dendonker)

Speaking of punty...I don't disagree with those who feel like Barkley is a trap, but he could be a superb bit of value. Though I think having two Chelsea punts might be too much. I think the rest of the midfield speaks for itself. I didn't own Maddison last year, and he became something of a nemesis.

Jota—Rashford—(Greenwood)

Front three feels a bit lightweight, but that's the price you pay for having Salah and Sterling along with a premium defence. I don't have any expectation of Greenwood starting, but I'm slightly worried about a CHO situation and rapid price drop.

——————————————————

3-5-2 (and a premium swap)

Pope Heaton

Seems to be the best choice for a rotating pair, and saves 0.5 on set-and-forget (assuming the 'set' is at least 5.5).

Robertson—AWB—Zinchenko—(Dunk)—(Lundstram)

In this version I had to swap Laporte for Zinchenko, which is this version's defensive punt. Not sold on United yet, but AWB was my favoured 5.5.

Barkley—Salah—KDB—Perez—Siggy

Maddison out for Perez because I needed to find 0.5. The biggest change here, though, is KDB in for Sterling to facilitate...

Kane—Jota—(Greenwood)

So, it's shaping up to be Kane versus Sterling in my final draft, with the other heavy premium slot going to Mo. I've kept Harry for the final formation draft:

——————————————————

3-4-3

Pope Heaton

No change.

Robertson—AWB—Laporte—(Dunk)—(Lundstram)

Welcome back Laporte.

Barkley—Salah—KDB—Maddison—(Dendoncker)

Was able to restore Maddison to this formation, Dendoncker props up the bench.

Jota—Kane—King

Tasty enough looking forward line to my eyes. King could become Wilson with some tinkering (Maddison to Perez, maybe AWB to Zouma).

Any thoughts are welcome :)

A lot of your players are similar across the teams so it’s a case of matching up and deciding who will score more, I.e Zouma v King?

Myself personally I’d have King over Jota early doors due to fixtures and penalties.

I like your midfield 4 (I have the same Salah-KDB-Maddison-Barkley). I’m currently sitting on Siggy with a 3-5-2 of Kane & King.

Other players I’m considering for midfield are Grealish & Pepe (I will want Pepe but it be KDB or Siggy & Maddison for Pepe + 5.5m.

Looking at this more it could be

Kodija & Pepe for Maddison & Siggy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Chesty08 wrote: »
    A lot of your players are similar across the teams so it’s a case of matching up and deciding who will score more, I.e Zouma v King?

Myself personally I’d have King over Jota early doors due to fixtures and penalties.

I like your midfield 4 (I have the same Salah-KDB-Maddison-Barkley). I’m currently sitting on Siggy with a 3-5-2 of Kane & King.

Other players I’m considering for midfield are Grealish & Pepe (I will want Pepe but it be KDB or Siggy & Maddison for Pepe + 5.5m.

Looking at this more it could be

Kodija & Pepe for Maddison & Siggy.

Kodija won’t see much game time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

remoteboy wrote: »
    Kodija won’t see much game time.

Just done digging on that and looks like your right. Not sure there is a decent 5.5m alternative mid or attacker to justify the Maddison & Siggy switch to Pepe + now

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Ros1234

In the 6.5 range Perez looks very good but for less money there's no one else sticking out to me. I'll be going with Salah, sterling n Kane up front with a premium back 3 n 2 4.0 bench fodders. Soloman March for Brighton is 5.0 playing as a wing back, no one else other than Jorginho is appealing to me. Maybe Callum Robinson (SHU) 5.5 playing up front in pre season.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭bodking

Pope or Hart , who will start ,
    Between the sticks , who to pick ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,189 ✭✭✭✭km79

bodking wrote: »

Pope without question

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Brian201888

bodking wrote: »

Don't be a dope, its Pope.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Fabianski
    van Dijk..Mendy..Doherty
    Fraser..Milivojevic..Mané..Sterling
    Wilson..Jiménez..Jota

Button, Simpson, Kelly, haden benched.

Might tinker with it. Get in Grealish, Barkley, maybe Zouma.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

km79 wrote: »
    Pope without question

We might need to ask Father Hernandez. I hear he’s got an inside line

• Registered Users Posts: 14,484 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Ros1234 wrote: »
    In the 6.5 range Perez looks very good but for less money there's no one else sticking out to me. I'll be going with Salah, sterling n Kane up front with a premium back 3 n 2 4.0 bench fodders. Soloman March for Brighton is 5.0 playing as a wing back, no one else other than Jorginho is appealing to me. Maybe Callum Robinson (SHU) 5.5 playing up front in pre season.

Harvey Barnes?

Thoughts/feedback on the below?

GK: Pope | Heaton
    DF: Van Dijk | Matip | Ake | Taylor (Burnley) | Kelly
    MF: Salah | Sterling | Perez | Grealish | Dendoncker
    FW: Kane | Wood | King

GK: Pope and Heaton alternate well and you're guaranteed a home game every week with one of them. There's no real tough decision until Week 10 when they're playing Chelsea and City respectively and I can always sub one out that week, budget permitting.

DF: I think Matip starts for the first few weeks as a reward for a good end of season last year, and can't see Klopp dropping him when he hasn't really put a foot wrong. Once Gomez starts getting a look in, I can re-evaluate. Ake is in for Bournemouth's favourable fixtures, as is Taylor for Burnley. Think he had close to 3300 minutes last year so assuming he keeps his place.

MF: Perez on good form on preseason, and don't see Rodgers spending that much to rotate or leave him on the bench. Should play fairly high up the pitch too. Villa have some favourable fixtures after Spurs and Grealish will be at the heart of anything they do going forward. Dendoncker is the best of the 4.5m fodder.

FW: Fairly confidential starting either (or both) of King and Wood any gameweek. Great opening week fixtures, and some of the easier schedules to open the season. Burnley's is trickier, but that's why it's good to have Grealish in midfield for rotation as there's that Villa/Burnley home game banker in play (though Grealish will more likely come in for Taylor in my defence when Burnley have a tough game).

Gomez starts today instead of Matip in a full strength side

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

First attempt at picking a side. I've €3m left in the bank.

Any thoughts/feedback on team below:

Liverpool, Alisson, GKP

Liverpool, Robertson, DEF
    Liverpool, van Dijk, DEF
    Everton, Digne,DEF

Crystal Palace, Zaha, MID
    Leicester, Perez, MID
    Leicester, Tielemans, MID
    Bournemouth, Fraser, MID

Bournemouth, King. FWD
    Leicester, Vardy, FWD
    Bournemouth, Wilson, FWD

Substitutes
    Brighton, Ryan, GKP
    Crystal Palace, Milivojevic, MID
    Watford, Cathcart, DEF
    Newcastle, Lascelles, DEF

Liverpool, Alisson, GKP

Liverpool, van Dijk, DEF
    Everton, Digne,DEF

Leicester, Pz, MID
    Bournemouth, Fraser, MID

Bournemouth, King. FWD
    Leicester, Vardy, FWD
    Bournemouth, Wilson, FWD

Substitutes
    Brighton, Ryan, GKP
    Watford, Cathcart, DEF

Midfield is WAY too light
    And your starting 11 contains players from only 5 teams !?????
    Too much spent on keepers as well

Just spotted you have 3 ml in the bank?????? Spend it .

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Liverpool, Alisson, GKP

Liverpool, van Dijk, DEF
    Everton, Digne,DEF

Leicester, Pz, MID
    Bournemouth, Fraser, MID

Bournemouth, King. FWD
    Leicester, Vardy, FWD
    Bournemouth, Wilson, FWD

Substitutes
    Brighton, Ryan, GKP
    Watford, Cathcart, DEF

Front 7 - treble Bournemouth and treble Leicester. Just no.

thanks for the feedback.

i) I amended Vardy to Kane.
    ii) My reason for 3 starting Bournemouth players is their fixture list. I'm v much banking on them getting off to a flyer and price increases.
    iii) I'm going to take a look at my midfield again to see what else i can do.

Liverpool, Alisson, GKP

Liverpool, van Dijk, DEF
    Everton, Digne,DEF

Leicester, Perez, MID
    Bournemouth, Fraser, MID

Bournemouth, King. FWD
    Spurs, Kane, FWD
    Bournemouth, Wilson, FWD

Substitutes
    Brighton, Ryan, GKP
    Watford, Cathcart, DEF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,199 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Proper draft #3

The only thing I don't like is no Spurs, but could switch Wood with King and Fraser with Moura.

Pope Heaton
    TAA Stones VVD Coleman Lundstram
    Salah Sterling Fraser Tielemans Dendoncker
    Vardy Wood Greenwood

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

thanks for the feedback.

i) I amended Vardy to Kane.
    ii) My reason for 3 starting Bournemouth players is their fixture list. I'm v much banking on them getting off to a flyer and price increases.
    iii) I'm going to take a look at my midfield again to see what else i can do.

Liverpool, Alisson, GKP

Liverpool, van Dijk, DEF
    Everton, Digne,DEF

Leicester, Perez, MID
    Bournemouth, Fraser, MID

Bournemouth, King. FWD
    Spurs, Kane, FWD
    Bournemouth, Wilson, FWD

Substitutes
    Brighton, Ryan, GKP
    Watford, Cathcart, DEF

I would argue against having Cathcart on your bench, even if he's only 4.5m. I'd either invest that 0.5m elsewhere or keep it in your bank.

If you're not going to start him against Brighton at home, then he's unlikely to get much consideration for you.

fair point. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 42 KK Supercats

Any opinions on the following?

Alisson (McGovern)
    Gomez Robertson Ake (Kelly) (Simpson)
    Sterling Tielemans Pulisic Dendoncker Pepe
    Vardy Kane (Greenwood)

100ml spent

• Registered Users Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭patmac

Panthro wrote: »
    Fabianski
    van Dijk..Mendy..Doherty
    Fraser..Milivojevic..Mané..Sterling
    Wilson..Jiménez..Jota

Button, Simpson, Kelly, haden benched.

Might tinker with it. Get in Grealish, Barkley, maybe Zouma.

Fabianski,Mendy,Doherty and Jimenez all carrying knocks. Pretty sure Doherty is out and over priced. Double Wolves attack is brave considering Europe and their tough opening start.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

After much tinkering, I’m considering trying to get a solid 15 for the first 3-4 gws with the aim of using bench boost early and then most likely wildcard after first international break.

Looking at something like this at the moment

Heaton Pope
    Digne Robertson Zincheko Ake Kelly
    Salah Sterling Perez Moura Barkley
    King Deulofeu Ings

After typing it out now, I’m not feeling all that comfortable with it, any opinions or thoughts welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭basillarkin

After much tinkering, I’m considering trying to get a solid 15 for the first 3-4 gws with the aim of using bench boost early and then most likely wildcard after first international break.

Looking at something like this at the moment

Heaton Pope
    Digne Robertson Zincheko Ake Kelly
    Salah Sterling Perez Moura Barkley
    King Deulofeu Ings

After typing it out now, I’m not feeling all that comfortable with it, any opinions or thoughts welcome

i wouldnt be happy going with such a lightweight forward line but have king myself and i thik he is a decent price @6.5, will moura play every week, remember how easily he was cast aside for a half fit harry kane after scoring a hattrick in the semi. Will be rotated with son imo.

Barkley far from nailed on either, new manager in the door there and who kows what way chelsea will line up plus add and has never really delivered in FF, villa conceded some amounnt of goals last season and have a brand new backline bar mings, they will take time to settle, smith is known for his attacking football so i wouldnt be confident of villa players in defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭bodking

So I have a draft .
    WC maybe after GW 4 but it is a big maybe .
    3-5-2 format .
    Pope / Heaton
    Rotate we'll both 4.5 Pope gw1 Heaton Gw 2-4

TAA / Laporte / Duffy / Kelly / Lundstram

TAA and Laporte are drop and forget
    Duffy gw1-3 may go after that
    Lundstram was getting time and in the midfield
    Kelly will be the next AWB or be the worst ever .

Salah / Sterling / Moura / Perez / Fraser

What can I say , if you can find a better midfield I'm all ears .

Murray / Wilson / Greenwood

Not premium but reliable and Greenwood at 4.5 is my punt pick .

Ok any comments are welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭patmac

Right nearly there might ditch Pope and bring in Laporte for Walker or Digne for Coleman
    GK: Heaton| Pope
    DF: Robertson | Walker| Coleman| Lundstram| Kelly
    MF: Salah | DeBruyne | Perez | Siggy| Dendoncker
    FW: Kane | Ings | King

• Advertisement

patmac wrote: »
    Right nearly there might ditch Pope and bring in Laporte for Walker or Digne for Coleman
    GK: Heaton| Pope
    DF: Robertson | Walker| Coleman| Lundstram| Kelly
    MF: Salah | DeBruyne | Perez | Siggy| Dendoncker
    FW: Kane | Ings | King
    VERY similar to my team !
    I’m between Ings/Adams and Wesley
    I like the new saints manager and how he got them playing
    But their fixtures are not the best
    And Wesley after GW 1 has a lovely run . But of course is new to the league and I’ll have Heaton playing from them too. Double Villa I don’t know ......

Advertisement