Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RATE MY TEAM 19/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Right so 2nd proper draft I'm happy with. Have had a heap still but happy with this.

Thoughts?

I like it. Have the same front eight in one of my drafts. Walker pick is interesting, haven't seen him in many drafts.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,236 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

You see yourself playing 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 mostly ?

4-4-2 I'd image

Dunk (or similar) & Johnson to rotate predominantly

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

dmrules wrote: »
    One of the first drafts

Pope-Heaton
    Robertson-VVD-Zinchenko-(Kelly, Hanley)
    KdB-Lucas Moura-Pereyra-Kante-(Dendonker)
    Kane-Auba-Firminio

Any thoughts?

Midfield I’d worry about.

tailgunner wrote: »
    I like it. Have the same front eight in one of my drafts. Walker pick is interesting, haven't seen him in many drafts.

Expensive but a real set & forget. Want CS, Ederson is the same value but offers less attacking points. Love to go with Zinchenko but risky IMO.

4-4-2 I'd image

Dunk (or similar) & Johnson to rotate predominantly

It’s the closest I’ve seen to my team so far. Well my current team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

Thoughts on this please

Ederson button
    Walker Coleman vvd robbo (Rico)
    KDB Perez Barkley Salah (dendoncker )
    King Kane (greenwood)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

Right so 2nd proper draft I'm happy with. Have had a heap still but happy with this.

Henderson - a good keeper in a team 'predicted' to struggle. Should have plenty of saves, gone cheaper over expensive GK
    Button - GK fodder

VVD - Again expecting him and Liverpool to be solid
    Robertson - Preferring him over TAA now, feel more comfortable
    Walker - Not confident on Zinchenko, Walker feels safer
    Dunk - May change to a diff 4.5 if he does not go Leicester. Don;t think BRI will do well this season
    Johnson - The better 4.0 over Lundstrum?

Sterling - Can't see me going without him
    Salah - Same as above
    Barkley - Punty but an upgrade on Jorginho who is not on pens afaik
    Perez - Hopefully has a good season
    Dendoncker - The best 4.5 fodder IMO

Kane - Can't see me going without him
    King - Way into BOU attacking wise
    Greenwood - May change to other 4.5 if Dybala moves.

Thoughts?

I like it. Similar enough to mine below

Heaton/Pope

Robertson VVD Dunk (Lundstram Rico)

Felipe Anderson Salah Barkley Perez De Bruyne

Kane Haller (Greenwood)

Expecting a strong season from De Bruyne. Bit of a punt on Haller but I think he will score goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

Pickford
    Van Dijk TAA Laporte
    Perez Sigurdsson Sterling Salah Grealish
    Jota Deulofeu

Bench: Button, Greenwood, Rico, Kelly

So many drafts done now and am stuck between this team and swapping Sterling out to get Aguero in.

Any help would be appreciated

Heaton/Pope

Robertson VVD Lundstram (Dunk Rico)

Kane Haller (Greenwood)

Expecting a strong season from De Bruyne. Bit of a punt on Haller but I think he will score goals.

I'd like to go with both Sterling and KDB but team weakens with both & Salah. One or the other for me and Sterling wins. Think KDB will go well at the start though.

I'd like to go with both Sterling and KDB but team weakens with both & Salah. One or the other for me and Sterling wins. Think KDB will go well at the start though.

Any thoughts on the rest of my team? :o

• Advertisement

Heaton/Pope

Robertson VVD Dunk (Lundstram Rico)

Kane Haller (Greenwood)

Any thoughts on the rest of my team? :o

It's strong tbh, Heaton/Pope is interesting. Im more about set & forget but each have our preferences.

Our DF is similar, concern is Rico. I like Lindstrum and toying with the idea between him and Johnson as my 4.0 fodder

Midfield is strong, not sold on Felipe Anderson personally, I'd tend to go with him or Haller tbh. Double WHU is ambitious. Haller could be a nice differential, I'm waiting to see when Moise Kean goes how much he will be. Might take a punt

• Registered Users Posts: 48,186 ✭✭✭✭km79

It's strong tbh, Heaton/Pope is interesting. Im more about set & forget but each have our preferences.

Our DF is similar, concern is Rico. I like Lindstrum and toying with the idea between him and Johnson as my 4.0 fodder

Midfield is strong, not sold on Felipe Anderson personally, I'd tend to go with him or Haller tbh. Double WHU is ambitious. Haller could be a nice differential, I'm waiting to see when Moise Kean goes how much he will be. Might take a punt

I’m getting increasingly tempted by 352 as well

Ya double WHU is a risk, will probably take one out and no doubt it will be the wrong one:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Henderson - a good keeper in a team 'predicted' to struggle. Should have plenty of saves, gone cheaper over expensive GK
    Button - GK fodder

VVD - Again expecting him and Liverpool to be solid
    Robertson - Preferring him over TAA now, feel more comfortable
    Walker - Not confident on Zinchenko, Walker feels safer
    Dunk - May change to a diff 4.5 if he does not go Leicester. Don;t think BRI will do well this season
    Johnson - The better 4.0 over Lundstrum?

Sterling - Can't see me going without him
    Salah - Same as above
    Barkley - Punty but an upgrade on Jorginho who is not on pens afaik
    Perez - Hopefully has a good season
    Dendoncker - The best 4.5 fodder IMO

Kane - Can't see me going without him
    King - Way into BOU attacking wise
    Greenwood - May change to other 4.5 if Dybala moves.

Thoughts?
    Like that. I've similar. Basically where you have...
    Sterling/Perez/Dunk

I have...
    DeBruyne/Siggy/Digne

Bit of a toss up between the two:
    DeBruyne - injured last year
    Perez/Dunk - new teams
    Digne - didn't lay full season last year

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Seriously considering bringing in Pepe for KDB now. I really think Pepe can have a season like Salah’s first season in terms of a high volume of goals & assists.

Alternative is to move around the defense of TAA/Digne/Zinchenko & Maddison in midfield.

Could end up going back to roots and going budget defence & money into attack

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Like that. I've similar. Basically where you have...
    Sterling/Perez/Dunk

I have...
    DeBruyne/Siggy/Digne

Bit of a toss up between the two:
    DeBruyne - injured last year
    Perez/Dunk - new teams
    Digne - didn't lay full season last year

Sterling/Perez/Dunk

DeBruyne/Siggy/Digne

Of the two above, I prefer your three tbh overall though.

However, can't go without Sterling, that's the game changer for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Heaton (Pope)
    TAA / Robbo / Laporte / Dunk (4.0)
    Salah / Sterling / KDB / Perez (4.5)
    Jota / Murray (4.5)

Keepers: Burnley and villa fixtures rotate nicely with home games
    Defence: 3 fixture proof big hitters so I don't need to worry about chopping and changing so much. Dunk is as far as the budget stretches
    Midfield: Afraid to go without both Salah and Sterling. Like KDB at his price as long as he stays fit and hoping Perez stays playing up front.
    Attack: Murray lets me squeeze in KDB in midfield and then will pick a 6.5 striker from King / Jota

My most expensive attacker is 6.5 though so if I need to get Vardy / Kane / Wilson or someone who starts strong then I need to do minor surgery to my team structure.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,985 ✭✭✭normanoffside

I think I have my team picked but struggling on whether Sterling is essential or not. With that in mind:
    Siggy and KDB or Sterling and Ceballos?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Does anyone know the story with Zaha? Injured, being tested or what? His not played for palace this off season

• Registered Users Posts: 48,186 ✭✭✭✭km79

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Does anyone know the story with Zaha? Injured, being tested or what? His not played for palace this off season

He wants to move

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

km79 wrote: »
    He wants to move

So that's him out of the team as it stands.

Son(Suspended) and Jimenez(Foot) atop of Zaha now...my team needs a bit of rework.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,985 ✭✭✭normanoffside

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »

He was playing until the latter stages of the AFCON.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

First draft so rip it apart lads:

Pope (Heaton)
    Dunk, Laporte, Maguire, Robertson (Lundstrom)
    Sterling, Salah (c), Tielemans, Milivojevic (Noble)
    King, Vardy (Greenwood)

0.5 remaining in the bank.

Draft just changed to:
    Pope (Heaton)
    Dunk, Walker, Maguire, Robertson (Lundstrom)
    Sterling, Salah (c), Tielemans, KDB (Dendoncker)
    Wood, Wilson (Greenwood)

Pepe has messed things up. Now going with 3 x 4mil defenders (hoping one starts) with VVD & Zinchenko

Midfield of
    Salah Pepe KDB Siggy Barkley

Attack of
    Kane, King

Not sure worth it

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Pepe has messed things up. Now going with 3 x 4mil defenders (hoping one starts) with VVD & Zinchenko

Midfield of

Attack of
    Kane, King

Not sure worth it

I’ve looked at the 2 x premium and 3 x 4.0m defender thing in the hope just one of the cheap options start.

Edit - the problem I’m having is that I have 12.5m left for the 2 premium defenders.

So I don’t feel like I can risk TAA and Zinchenko because of Gomez and Mendy. Although I really want TAA.

So it leaves me going with VVD and Dave/Luiz and that’s just not very exciting. Although could go Zouma and TAA but Zouma a transfer waiting to happen.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Chesty08 wrote: »

Midfield of

Attack of
    Kane, King

Not sure worth it

I think that Pepe is quite puntish, Barkley feels like a trap, and KdB (even though I have him myself) is made of glass. Three high risk moves there.

Then again, no guts, no glory! :pac: :)

Also, with King V Wilson, I always reckon that King did well against the better teams, with Wilson being the better option against weaker ones. Maybe it's because King is more effective on the break, whereas Wilson is a more out and out centre forward? Or maybe I'm just imagining things.

Kane is Kane.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,971 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

SlickRic wrote: »
    I've responded to this in the general chat thread. I think it's more suitable there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Pickford

Robertson Diop VvD Walker (Gibson)

Salah KdB Bilva Dendoncker (Chalobah)

Kane Wilson (Wickham)

I’ve looked at the 2 x premium and 3 x 4.0m defender thing in the hope just one of the cheap options start.

Edit - the problem I’m having is that I have 12.5m left for the 2 premium defenders.

So I don’t feel like I can risk TAA and Zinchenko because of Gomez and Mendy. Although I really want TAA.

So it leaves me going with VVD and Dave/Luiz and that’s just not very exciting. Although could go Zouma and TAA but Zouma a transfer waiting to happen.

I agree I wanted TAA and I know he was rotation risk. He is much more matured now so I think he starts to ensure Liverpool get a solid start. Start of last season Klopp didn’t rotate. He knew how important a good start was. Players had to bide their time. However I need the 0.5m to get Pepe.

• Advertisement

Wilberto wrote: »
    I think that Pepe is quite puntish, Barkley feels like a trap, and KdB (even though I have him myself) is made of glass. Three high risk moves there.

Then again, no guts, no glory! :pac: :)

Also, with King V Wilson, I always reckon that King did well against the better teams, with Wilson being the better option against weaker ones. Maybe it's because King is more effective on the break, whereas Wilson is a more out and out centre forward? Or maybe I'm just imagining things.

Kane is Kane.

Any number of the players in 6m bracket are puntish / traps. For me I see Barkley starting the start of season. We’ll know more as season progresses and I can easily switch.

I think KdB was rushed back to soon last season, I don’t recall him being injured much before last season. A decent pre season now & he should be alright.

I can see Pepe having a Salahesque season to be honest and I think it’s better to go for it now as players will be scrambling to get him and making harder calls of without him now

Advertisement