Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RATE MY TEAM 19/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,188 ✭✭✭✭km79

I’ve looked at the 2 x premium and 3 x 4.0m defender thing in the hope just one of the cheap options start.

Edit - the problem I’m having is that I have 12.5m left for the 2 premium defenders.

So I don’t feel like I can risk TAA and Zinchenko because of Gomez and Mendy. Although I really want TAA.

So it leaves me going with VVD and Dave/Luiz and that’s just not very exciting. Although could go Zouma and TAA but Zouma a transfer waiting to happen.

I known in reality zinchenko will not be in my team by Friday evening
    He will either become Dunkir even a second 4ml defender and I’ll go for a playing 5th mid or third striker and 352 or 343
    A third striker prob makes more sense as I have dendoncker as 5th mid who can come in when needed whereas greenwood won’t
    I’ll prob chance one of the promoted strikers
    All I will need for a very early BB then is my 4ml defender to get minutes
    I’d like to get it played early this year or it will cost me points

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

OKay, so this is my current attempt :

Heaton (Pope)

Robbo | VVD | Laporte | Dunk (Johnson)

Salah | Sterling | KdB | Milivojevic (Dendonker)

Wood | Murray (Greenwood)

Not sure if I'm being too sentimental with Milivojevic after last season (and the joys he brought me). At 7m I could downgrade and put the money into my attack.

Other issue is maybe too much fodder in Johnson and Greenwood. That said, I tend to use my BB later anyway. I think that worked out well last time tbf as I used it around the same time as my WC so it didn't actually cost me any points. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Wilberto wrote: »
    OKay, so this is my current attempt :

Heaton (Pope)

Robbo | VVD | Laporte | Dunk (Johnson)

Salah | Sterling | KdB | Milivojevic (Dendonker)

Wood | Murray (Greenwood)

Not sure if I'm being too sentimental with Milivojevic after last season (and the joys he brought me). At 7m I could downgrade and put the money into my attack.

Other issue is maybe too much fodder in Johnson and Greenwood. That said, I tend to use my BB later anyway. I think that worked out well last time tbf as I used it around the same time as my WC so it didn't actually cost me any points. :)

Solid team Wil. I would switch Mili with Perez and Murray with King though. Monitor Laporte's fitness too as he’s carrying a knock currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Solid team Wil. I would switch Mili with Perez and Murray with King though. Monitor Laporte's fitness too as he’s carrying a knock currently.

Wil, I would agree with this. That is a very solid team to be fair. Miliojevic won’t be as productive without Zaha so easy switch their.

I had Wood last year and I really like him. Murray was a Hughton favorite, is 36 now, I’d definitely be steering towards King (pens & favorable fixtures

Main part of team done and now I am just fine tuning around the edges/farting around
    I do not think I will go with Zinchencko
    I am going to downgrade him to a 4.5 ml or maybe even a 4 ml defender.....I am also considering just going with Heaton and downgrading Pope to a 4ml.....this is risky though and rules out BB.
    So what will I do with the money......I have 2 choices
    I could upgrade Greenwood to either a 5.5ml or 6ml striker.Or even a 6.5 if I go with 4ml keeper and 2 4ml defenders. That feels risky though but I do not like any of the 6ml strikers
    or
    I could upgrade dendoncker to Barkely :D I would still have greenwood then but would still have either an extra playing keeper or a 4.5 ml defender to sub in .

Not sure I like either scenarios. As it stands I have Zinchenko in my starting 11 every week . dendocnker a decent first sub (Lundstrum,Greenwood) and 2 playing keepers. Maybe I should stick with that.
    Another option I can not seem to shake out of my head is to downgrade Zinchenko to Duffy and play him each week.......I could bank the 0.5 ml then. And use it to move Greenwood on to Long if he isnt getting game time
    I am going round in circles now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Thoughts/feedback on the below?

GK: Pope | Heaton
    DF: Van Dijk | Matip | Ake | Taylor (Burnley) | Kelly
    MF: Salah | Sterling | Perez | Grealish | Dendoncker
    FW: Kane | Wood | King

GK: Pope and Heaton alternate well and you're guaranteed a home game every week with one of them. There's no real tough decision until Week 10 when they're playing Chelsea and City respectively and I can always sub one out that week, budget permitting.

DF: I think Matip starts for the first few weeks as a reward for a good end of season last year, and can't see Klopp dropping him when he hasn't really put a foot wrong. Once Gomez starts getting a look in, I can re-evaluate. Ake is in for Bournemouth's favourable fixtures, as is Taylor for Burnley. Think he had close to 3300 minutes last year so assuming he keeps his place.

MF: Perez on good form on preseason, and don't see Rodgers spending that much to rotate or leave him on the bench. Should play fairly high up the pitch too. Villa have some favourable fixtures after Spurs and Grealish will be at the heart of anything they do going forward. Dendoncker is the best of the 4.5m fodder.

FW: Fairly confidential starting either (or both) of King and Wood any gameweek. Great opening week fixtures, and some of the easier schedules to open the season. Burnley's is trickier, but that's why it's good to have Grealish in midfield for rotation as there's that Villa/Burnley home game banker in play (though Grealish will more likely come in for Taylor in my defence when Burnley have a tough game).

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I've tried a Kane draft...means sacrificing Vardy and Wilson though which I'm not sure I want to do.

Pope
    Maguire TAA Zouma
    Salah Sterling Perez Barkley
    Kane King Deeney

4m Dunk Dendoncker 4m

GK: Pope and Heaton alternate well and you're guaranteed a home game every week with one of them. There's no real tough decision until Week 10 when they're playing Chelsea and City respectively and I can always sub one out that week, budget permitting.

DF: I think Matip starts for the first few weeks as a reward for a good end of season last year, and can't see Klopp dropping him when he hasn't really put a foot wrong. Once Gomez starts getting a look in, I can re-evaluate. Ake is in for Bournemouth's favourable fixtures, as is Taylor for Burnley. Think he had close to 3300 minutes last year so assuming he keeps his place.

MF: Perez on good form on preseason, and don't see Rodgers spending that much to rotate or leave him on the bench. Should play fairly high up the pitch too. Villa have some favourable fixtures after Spurs and Grealish will be at the heart of anything they do going forward. Dendoncker is the best of the 4.5m fodder.

FW: Fairly confidential starting either (or both) of King and Wood any gameweek. Great opening week fixtures, and some of the easier schedules to open the season. Burnley's is trickier, but that's why it's good to have Grealish in midfield for rotation as there's that Villa/Burnley home game banker in play (though Grealish will more likely come in for Taylor in my defence when Burnley have a tough game).

I like that forward line
    Hhhmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Getting close now I think

Heaton Pope

Template keepers now I think, provide excellent rotation.

TAA Laporte AWB Duffy Lundstram

I'm wary of doubling up on Liverpool defense after a poor pre season, TAA being on set pieces just edges it over Robbo. Laporte provides city cover, but will need to monitor his fitness. I fancy Utd to be a lot stronger defensively now, a toss up between AWB and Maguire at the same price. Duffy and Lundstram should hopefully provide two starters on the bench, I have one eye on an early bench boost.

Salah KDB Barkley Perez Dendonker

Salah is obviously essential. KDB is going to provide excellent value I feel. Barkley is a punt, but he has being playing excellent in pre season. Perez is in there at the moment but that may change. Dendonker is the standard 4.5m fodder.

Kane Deeney King

I can't seem to make a team without Kane in it. Deeney and King are in there to take advantage of the good early Watford and Bournemouth fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

The best team I’ve seen yet including my own

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭letsgo2018

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Getting close now I think

Heaton Pope

Template keepers now I think, provide excellent rotation.

TAA Laporte AWB Duffy Lundstram

I'm wary of doubling up on Liverpool defense after a poor pre season, TAA being on set pieces just edges it over Robbo. Laporte provides city cover, but will need to monitor his fitness. I fancy Utd to be a lot stronger defensively now, a toss up between AWB and Maguire at the same price. Duffy and Lundstram should hopefully provide two starters on the bench, I have one eye on an early bench boost.

Salah KDB Barkley Perez Dendonker

Salah is obviously essential. KDB is going to provide excellent value I feel. Barkley is a punt, but he has being playing excellent in pre season. Perez is in there at the moment but that may change. Dendonker is the standard 4.5m fodder.

Kane Deeney King

I can't seem to make a team without Kane in it. Deeney and King are in there to take advantage of the good early Watford and Bournemouth fixtures.

Would you not consider deulofayo instead of Deany . My strategy is to get one of them for the first 4 fixtures but then get Jota in

Chesty08 wrote: »
    The best team I’ve seen yet including my own

I think mine is better

Pope
    Heaten

Roberton
    Arnold
    Zinchenko
    Dunk if Leicester sign gim
    Lundstram

Salah
    Sterling
    KDB
    Fraiser I might try to find 0.5m for siggy
    Dedoncker

King
    Deulofeu Only for first 4 fuxtures then hes out for Jota
    Geeenwood

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

letsgo2018 wrote: »
    I think mine is better

Pope
    Heaten

Roberton
    Arnold
    Zinchenko
    Dunk if Leicester sign gim
    Lundstram

Salah
    Sterling
    KDB
    Fraiser I might try to find 0.5m for siggy
    Dedoncker

King
    Deulofeu Only for first 4 fuxtures then hes out for Jota
    Geeenwood

I think our teams are neck and neck, but I get bonus points for being able to spell my players' names.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Like that. I've similar. Basically where you have...
    Sterling/Perez/Dunk

I have...
    DeBruyne/Siggy/Digne

Bit of a toss up between the two:
    DeBruyne - injured last year
    Perez/Dunk - new teams
    Digne - didn't lay full season last year
    I think our teams are neck and neck, but I get bonus points for being able to spell my players' names.

I didnt mean to hurt your feelings

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Think I'd go 451 if I could have a midfielder sub.

4m defender and 2 4.5m forward foddders likely meant no subs playing in case of emergency.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Wil, I would agree with this. That is a very solid team to be fair. Miliojevic won’t be as productive without Zaha so easy switch their.

I had Wood last year and I really like him. Murray was a Hughton favorite, is 36 now, I’d definitely be steering towards King (pens & favorable fixtures

Yeah, I think I just needed it pointed out to me by others that I was being too loyal to Mili. :pac:

And I completely forgot that Hughton isn't at Brighton any more (:o) so that definitely helps!

Thanks very much. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Think I'm pretty close to going with this. Any thoughts welcome:

Ederson(button)
    TAA / Boly / Dunk / Lunstram / Aarons
    KDB/Sterling/Siggy/Ceballos/ Dendonker
    Kane/Vardy/Locadia

Defence could do with some reinforcements. Was thinking possibly of going Vardy to King and getting in some Spurs cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

rekluse wrote: »
    Think I'm pretty close to going with this. Any thoughts welcome:

Ederson(button)
    TAA / Boly / Dunk / Lunstram / Aarons
    KDB/Sterling/Siggy/Ceballos/ Dendonker
    Kane/Vardy/Locadia

Defence could do with some reinforcements. Was thinking possibly of going Vardy to King and getting in some Spurs cover.

Think aarons could be this season's AWB his attack minded so should be good for bonuses and a couple of assists...but is dependent on Norwich not being complete muck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

GetWithIt wrote: »
    Somewhat an exercise in getting in all the players I want and then making do:

Henderson (SU)
    TAA, Robertson, Stacy, Lundstram
    Salah, Sterling, Siggy, Fraser, Martial
    Wilson
    Subs: McGovern, Greenwood, Johnson (WH), Nketiah

1M in the bank

Henderson isn’t in the game yet. Hoping he comes in at 4.5. Any more it’ll be a re-think. I’m set and forgot on keepers. Think Sheffield will be solid.

4-5-1 formation so realistically need all defenders to start. TAA, Robo - awesome. I think Stacey and Lundstram will be gold. Hope Johnson will be sharing RB with Zabaleta but I’d suspect he’ll play the home games when you’d want him.

Midfield - awesome

Wilson - awesome.

Need minutes from Greenwood or Nketiah. Very exposed if Wilson doesn’t play as you need 1 striker for a valid formation. 1M in the bank but there’s not much better in the forwards <5.5.
    Seemed to have settled onto this:
    Henderson (SU)
    TAA, Robertson, Stacey
    Perez, Sterling, Siggy, Fraser, Martial
    Wilson, Kane
    Subs: McGovern, Greenwood, Johnson (WH), Lundstram

Salah, Nketiah > Perez, Kane and a more realistic 3,5,2 formation.

A few concerns but haven’t changed this a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,506 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Think aarons could be this season's AWB his attack minded so should be good for bonuses and a couple of assists...but is dependent on Norwich not being complete muck

He has been in my team since the start. Was very impressed with him last season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭pointywalnut

Pickford, (Fabianski)
    van Dijk, Laporte, David Luiz, (Aké, Dunk)
    Salah, Sigurdsson, Pogba , Kanté, Noble
    Jiménez, Wilson, Jota

Intend to play 3-5-2 or 3-4-3

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Pickford, (Fabianski)
    van Dijk, Laporte, David Luiz, (Aké, Dunk)
    Salah, Sigurdsson, Pogba , Kanté, Noble
    Jiménez, Wilson, Jota

Intend to play 3-5-2 or 3-4-4

Downgrade Fab and Ake - that's 10m worth of defence sitting on your bench every week.
    Luiz: Zouma is a cheaper way into Chelsea defence.

Upgrade Pogba, Kanté and downgrade Noble.
    If you are going 3-5-2, upgrade Noble.
    Get rid of Jiminez and Jota, no need for 2 wolves attack - they have Europa league football too.

You need a City attacker.

Other than that I like it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,046 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

First draft which i've only spent 20 mins on. Thoughts?

Pope Ryan

TAA Digne Dunk Targett Kelly

Salah Sterling Pepe Perez Dendoncker

Vardy King Greenwood

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭basillarkin

is kelly @ 4.0 likely to see substantial gametime?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Going to wildcard the first International break so its a team for 4 weeks. I may yet BB in Gw1 so would make changes to the below if I am.
    Pope heaton
    TAA Robertson Montoya femenia Kelly
    salah b silva d silva perez dendonker
    Wilson kane ings

GKs Pope/ Heaton rotate really well
    Defs Montoya is playing on the right hand side of Brightons 343 and Femenia is always fairly attacking. Rotating these for first 4 weeks gives me Brighton H, West Ham H , Southampton H, Newcastle A.
    Liverpool have a decent first 4 fixtures so going to double up there and Kelly looks like he will start for Palace.
    Mids I decided against sterling as I wasn't going to captain him first two gws. Hoping Bilva and Dilva will be in the mix for City attacking points. Perez seems nailed onto start the season. Salah will be my GW 1 capt.
    Fwds I really like Wilson and he has two decent fixtures to start. Have always rated Ings aswell but his injury problems are a worry. Kane has a good first fixture but he is a placeholder for Auba or Laca who I plan to get in for my GW 2 captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,971 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

This is my gamble team and I might very well stick with it.
    Biggest target for me is making my team more valuable early on.

Some of these are risky as they might not start. Some are just new in the league but I really think I'll gain value if I go with this.
    Gomez may become Matip depending on who starts tomorrow.

Pope/Heaton
    Emerson, Zinchenko, Gomez, Dunk, Lascelles
    Pepe, Pogba, Richarlison, Pulisic, Barkley
    Jiminez, Haller, Wesley

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

GetWithIt wrote: »
    Seemed to have settled onto this:
    Henderson (SU)
    TAA, Robertson, Stacey
    Perez, Sterling, Siggy, Fraser, Martial
    Wilson, Kane
    Subs: McGovern, Greenwood, Johnson (WH), Lundstram

Salah, Nketiah > Perez, Kane and a more realistic 3,5,2 formation.

A few concerns but haven’t changed this a while.

You got some insider info? Two 4.0s on the bench and Stacey instead of Rico!....Where's Fraser going. :)

I 3/4 watched Everton today and I'd pick a defender before an attacker.

I've no problem with the lean bench approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,971 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

ElTel wrote:
    I 3/4 watched Everton today and I'd pick a defender before an attacker.
    I was going with Digne but then I remembered Richarlison's start the last two seasons and decided I had to go with him.

Going to wildcard the first International break so its a team for 4 weeks. I may yet BB in Gw1 so would make changes to the below if I am.
    Pope heaton
    Wilson kane ings

All looks good and well thought out so can’t really offer anything.

Not in love with the Dilva pick.

Rate Ings myself so expect him to score often so hopefully he stays available.

The whole King v Wilson thing is interesting. I currently have King but I do have 1.5m in the bank so not sure what to do. Wilson is way more explosive.

Brave on the WC plan already. Maybe I’m getting old but I’ve just picked a team for the season and will operate accordingly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Pope heaton
    Wilson kane ings

GKs Pope/ Heaton rotate really well
    Defs Montoya is playing on the right hand side of Brightons 343 and Femenia is always fairly attacking. Rotating these for first 4 weeks gives me Brighton H, West Ham H , Southampton H, Newcastle A.
    Liverpool have a decent first 4 fixtures so going to double up there and Kelly looks like he will start for Palace.
    Mids I decided against sterling as I wasn't going to captain him first two gws. Hoping Bilva and Dilva will be in the mix for City attacking points. Perez seems nailed onto start the season. Salah will be my GW 1 capt.
    Fwds I really like Wilson and he has two decent fixtures to start. Have always rated Ings aswell but his injury problems are a worry. Kane has a good first fixture but he is a placeholder for Auba or Laca who I plan to get in for my GW 2 captain.

Hard to knock with a planned WC. I'd have Sterling before Salah.
    Your a rotation man, ok, but perhaps forgo Dedonkey for a guy with no europe involvement...

I'm an Ings fan too. Haven't seen a bit of the Saints but the new striker dents the appeal.

Advertisement