Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,726 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

A lot of obtuse posts I see. Who do you all think you're kidding exactly?

Of course these scumbags were Antifa. Who else would be protesting such an event and screaming 'Nazi scum, off our streets' just before they ironically, and violently, behave in a fascistic way?

An Antifa tribute act?

https://twitter.com/BlazeTV/status/1179199442957864960
    https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1178820497041063936

Yep, an Antifa tribute act. Proof to the contrary? Anyone can yell those things, wear those things, and attack old ladies. Especially in front of cameras, especially while widely discrediting what, you say, is ‘their’ movement

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    You are never going to convince me that you're in the right by carrying on like this. If that was my Mother or Grandmother that these scumbags were bullying would be picking themselves and the teeth off the pavement.

Card me or ban all you want, but if you support behavior like then you're a piece of ****.

"Patriot" prayer people I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Zorya wrote: »
    I feel sorry for them, the Rohypnol generation. Breathless, frantic and neurotic. It's terrible to see them act out like this, as they are obviously people who are unwell. The various ideologies these people have accepted as inviolable truth from gender theory to the omnipresent existence of Nazis under every bed are quite tragic.
    Having said that I have seen mugshots from time to time of Antifa people who have been arrested and to be honest it looks like quite a number of them may be meth-head hangers-on looking for something to do of an afternoon. The well off Antifa types keep their shrieking mostly confined it seems to the cloisters of well-manicured campuses. The dirty streets are not really for them.

''Antifa Tribute act'' - haha that made me chuckle, good comment, Outlaw Pete.

"Physician heal thyself'"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Harvey Weinstein

Recent interview with one of Irelands leading Anti Fascists who was quite succinct in her description of Irelands far right

Recent interview with one of Irelands leading Anti Fascists who was quite succinct in her description of Irelands far right

Some rando posts a youtube video of another rando about a movement with no membership. I'm sold ;)

Did you hear the one about Trump wanting to shoot immigrants in the leg and his moat with snakes and crocodiles at the boarder? But let's be more concerned and outraged by this rando :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Harvey Weinstein

Some rando posts a youtube video of another rando about a movement with no membership. I'm sold ;)

Did you hear the one about Trump wanting to shoot immigrants in the leg and his moat with snakes and crocodiles at the boarder? But let's be more concerned and outraged by this rando :)

Haha had to look that up to see if it was true, top marks to Trump for creativity!

I don't think anyone is outraged by this rando its just funny thats all.

Haha had to look that up to see if it was true, top marks to Trump for creativity!

I don't think anyone is outraged by this rando its just funny thats all.

I think many a kindergarten child may have sketched out the moat plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

"Physician heal thyself'"

That probably sounded pithy on the inside.

That probably sounded pithy on the inside.

Everything you posted is applicable to the right/Alt-right.

Everything you posted is applicable to the right/Alt-right.

I am right/Alt Right? :confused::confused::confused:
    I was marching on left wing issues when you were still swimming in your Daddy's ball sack.

What I said is applicable to the absolute deranged loons known as Antifa.

• Advertisement

I am right/Alt Right? :confused::confused::confused:
    I was marching on left wing issues when you were still swimming in your Daddy's ball sack.

What I said is applicable to the absolute deranged loons known as Antifa.

You might be, going by the way you turned my comment into a personal allegation. You certainly buy into and spread their hype.
    Denigrate and defame the anti fascist movement, very lefty alright.
    Sit yourself down with a nice cocoa and read Ireland's Own ;)

You might be, going by the way you turned my comment into a personal allegation. You certainly buy into and spread their hype.
    Denigrate and defame the anti fascist movement, very lefty alright.
    Sit yourself down with a nice cocoa and read Ireland's Own ;)

You wrote physician heal thyself. You may need a refresher course on pronouns.

The ''antifascist movement'' is an embarrassment, wherever it exists, here, UK, US. It is utterly hysterical. Nihilistic. Anarchic. Childish. Impetuous. Mean. Nasty. Moronic. Anti-Intellectual.
    There will come a time when you will realise that too. You will see one clip too many of them acting out in a deranged manner and you will say what the fcuk am I doing defending these idiots. That is not to say that you will not still think there are causes worth fighting for, just not by those ideologically possessed idiots. You will hopefully then also stop calling people who disagree with you by the moronic epithet of ''right'' or ''alt-right'' or ''far-right'', because you will realise such terms are meaningless and incorrect.

Or maybe you will just go quiet and back off, like you and others have done now that the idiotic gender ideology is falling apart in front of your eyes, an ideology that you personally backed to the hilt when you were being a virtuous ally.

You wrote physician heal thyself. You may need a refresher course on pronouns.

The ''antifascist movement'' is an embarrassment, wherever it exists, here, UK, US. It is utterly hysterical. Nihilistic. Anarchic. Childish. Impetuous. Mean. Nasty. Moronic. Anti-Intellectual.
    There will come a time when you will realise that too. You will see one clip too many of them acting out in a deranged manner and you will say what the fcuk am I doing defending these idiots. That is not to say that you will not still think there are causes worth fighting for, just not by those ideologically possessed idiots. You will hopefully then also stop calling people who disagree with you by the moronic epithet of ''right'' or ''alt-right'' or ''far-right'', because you will realise such terms are meaningless and incorrect.

Or maybe you will just go quiet and back off, like you and others have done now that the idiotic gender ideology is falling apart in front of your eyes, an ideology that you personally backed to the hilt when you were being a virtuous ally.

Being part of an anti fascist movement is highly commendable and sadly necessary IMO. Your assessment is based on right wing hype.
    Anyone breaking the law/being violent should be dealt with. I do not defend people who do such things.
    I didn't call you right/alt-right, I pointed out everything you ascribe to the left is applicable to the right.
    And like the labels racist, facist etc. we need 'Alt-Right' to differentiate the scum from the dwindling numbers of legit well meaning right wingers.

Your last comment sounds crazed and paranoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,726 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I fully agree there is likely a large contingent of the antifa movement that fit that description (I don't believe I've contradicted that). I however feel the need to challenge people on conflating prejudicial observation into empirical truth: when talking about egregious acts like the crosswalk video, unfortunately the probability exists especially in this political climate to try to fake/deepfake buzzworthy news. It happens with Trump and his golfing photos, it happened with Pelosi and a deepfake video, and it could also potentially be happening here. It also happened with Project Veritas, most infamously on several occassions. This is akin to picking out a few individuals in a Where's Wally/Waldo scene and accusing all of them with intimate association of every individual on the scene. But these antifa things are all organized on the likes of the facebook calendar the same way the Area 51 Naruto Run was. Anyone who wants to, knows where these meetings/rallies are they don't conspire at a training camp in the desert or shove 200 people into the same 4 BR apartment. Anyone can attend these things, and they do, and they will continue to do so.

Overheal wrote: »
    I fully agree there is likely a large contingent of the antifa movement that fit that description (I don't believe I've contradicted that). I however feel the need to challenge people on conflating prejudicial observation into empirical truth: when talking about egregious acts like the crosswalk video, unfortunately the probability exists especially in this political climate to try to fake/deepfake buzzworthy news. It happens with Trump and his golfing photos, it happened with Pelosi and a deepfake video, and it could also potentially be happening here. It also happened with Project Veritas, most infamously on several occassions. This is akin to picking out a few individuals in a Where's Wally/Waldo scene and accusing all of them with intimate association of every individual on the scene. But these antifa things are all organized on the likes of the facebook calendar the same way the Area 51 Naruto Run was. Anyone who wants to, knows where these meetings/rallies are they don't conspire at a training camp in the desert or shove 200 people into the same 4 BR apartment. Anyone can attend these things, and they do, and they will continue to do so.

But its not just this pedestrian crossing thing (and I honestly dont think deep fake is so pervasive that one could reach for that.) Way back I saw vids of antifa directing traffic, I think in Portland, I've seen protests where they bang for hours on windows, I have seen videos where they just scream mindlessly, cant recall more off top of head and Im not feeling the best to go search. They just so often come across as addled. Sit down, work out arguments, think things through logically, argue your case calmly, produce credible media statements, convince people by the force of crutical argument - not this frenzied stuff. I also honestly think the amount of fascists is fairly low. Even the amount of hard right. People are fully entitled to hold conservative opinions without being caricaturised. I also do honestly think there is a psychiatric element to some of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

notobtuse wrote: »
    You would have to be an idiot to not know it's Antifa. Let me guess... you don't believe those protesting creeps, dressed in black and wearing masks, blocking an elderly woman with a walker in a crosswalk were Antifa and were actually young rogue boy scouts in Halloween costumes.

Whenever the Antifa undesirables do something wrong and theres video evidence proving it, the proud boys or fascist(a person with a different opinion to theirs) has "infiltrated" their ranks LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Couldn't agree more, and it's not just Antifa, it's leftists in general that project all of the above and to a grossly disproportionate degree. If they only directed their hate and bile at genuine white supremacists, then nobody would have an issue with them, but clearly that is not the case.

The truth is the left act like an hysterical cult these days and it's very hard to get them to see the truth on so many issues. I think the mainstream media are playing a huge part in it also as they enable it. Like MSNBC saying Trump wants to 'exterminate' Latinos and CNN constantly quoting Trump out of context to make it appear as if he has said all immigrants are animals or Neo Nazis are fine people.

They know what they are doing when they do that and it's all about control at the end of the day as if you convince your base America is more divided than it is, then you will get people to vote out of fear. Democrats have been doing it for years. It's why all the democrat candidates were promising to soften the laws at the border and some idiots even saying ICE needs to be disbanded.

Anyway, I think this video goes a long way to showing what a sham it is to suggest Trump supporters are racist or that them believing in making America great again has a white supremacist agenda, which the likes of Jussie Smollet would very much love people to believe.

Antifa make a guest appearance towards the end, along with lots of radical leftists.

The amount of deeply held beliefs based on short videos is scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

20Cent wrote: »
    The amount of deeply held beliefs based on short videos is scary.

The quantity of these short videos is really starting to pile up.

SexBobomb wrote: »
    The quantity of these short videos is really starting to pile up.

There are a lot of people in the world. TBF, all you need to qualify is an email address.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

There are a lot of people in the world. TBF, all you need to qualify is an email address.

What is your point? I'm glad that you understand you need an email account to operate on platforms online! There's a reoccurring theme of videos being uploaded by people in those specific areas exposing the same behavior.

Next of all, you are going to claim they were staged or someone infiltrated the group along with "nazis scum" staging incidents pretending to Antifa and videos are doctored. The videos can be 10 seconds or 30 hours in length. Either way, you'd attempt to delegitimize any video evidence or proof because they expose the sub-human SS cult.

It's different when they play the victim. Videos only count then. You're just soar the videos present them as the are and show deluded hypocrisy.

What is your point? I'm glad that you understand you need an email account to operate on platforms online! There's a reoccurring theme of videos being uploaded by people in those specific areas exposing the same behavior.

Next of all, you are going to claim they were staged or someone infiltrated the group along with "nazis scum" staging incidents pretending to Antifa and videos are doctored. The videos can be 10 seconds or 30 hours in length. Either way, you'd attempt to delegitimize any video evidence or proof because they expose the sub-human SS cult.

It's different when they play the victim. Videos only count then. You're just soar the videos present them as the are and show deluded hypocrisy.

My point is some rando down the pub or at the bus stop suddenly posting to the internet is not all of a sudden any more of an authority on something.

There are many different types of people in the world, some good, some bad, some a mix. You didn't know this before some rando posted a youtube video? Is this how you read society?
    If I set up a website am I an authority or journalist suddenly? Youtube is the new, 'I heard a fella saying...' and has as much weight.
    That's my point. If you get your 'news' from that, well you might be (American traitor) Donald Trump I suppose.

My point is some rando down the pub or at the bus stop suddenly posting to the internet is not all of a sudden any more of an authority on something.

There are many different types of people in the world, some good, some bad, some a mix. You didn't know this before some rando posted a youtube video? Is this how you read society?
    If I set up a website am I an authority or journalist suddenly? Youtube is the new, 'I heard a fella saying...' and has as much weight.
    That's my point. If you get your 'news' from that, well you might be (American traitor) Donald Trump I suppose.

I'd agree with you if we were talking about some guys blog or talking head opinion pieces, but what Im referring to when I say these videos is mostly footage of these guys getting recorded acting like pr***s at "protests" and "rallies"
    Footage of events as they unfold. In the video of the old people getting hassled there is no voice over or commentary.

just an aside... "rando" is quickly becoming even more tiresome than "grifter"

just an aside... "rando" is quickly becoming even more tiresome than "grifter"

Just an aside, dismissing criticism isn't anything new. I don't see how using a word or term less used changes the validity of narrative.
    "Rando" means random.
    "Grifter" means chancer.
    Valid terms IMO.

Like 'racist' doesn't mean anything anymore, yeah so last year. Handy for the racists mind.

I'd agree with you if we were talking about some guys blog or talking head opinion pieces, but what Im referring to when I say these videos is mostly footage of these guys getting recorded acting like pr***s at "protests" and "rallies"
    Footage of events as they unfold. In the video of the old people getting hassled there is no voice over or commentary.

Just pointing out I'd take them with a pinch of salt is all.

See the AOC baby eating thing and Elizabeth Warren being a cougar fake stories. The right will believe any setup.

Today is the anniversary of the battle of Cable st.

https://youtu.be/ozndljflUgU

See the AOC baby eating thing and Elizabeth Warren being a cougar fake stories. The right will believe any setup.

Today is the anniversary of the battle of Cable st.

https://youtu.be/ozndljflUgU

But its youtube, everything is fake on there right guys ?

But its youtube, everything is fake on there right guys ?

No one said everything on youtube is fake.
    Can't you tell when you are being conned?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

Can't you tell when you are being conned?

Obviously you don't.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement