Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

President calling for civil war.

But someone couldn't cross the road according to a 25 second no context video clip I saw.

Ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

An example of the type of antifa "activists" that exist. A professor?? Christ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

An example of the type of antifa "activists" that exist. A professor?? Christ.

Without looking at it, the dude looks like a twat. Is he the fascist or the antifascist fascist? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Terrible behaviour altogether. Were they delayed on their way to hang some black fella?
    Perhaps they were... in your twisted fantasies, that is.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

notobtuse wrote: »
    Perhaps they were... in your twisted fantasies, that is.

That's the goal though isn't it? In folks race to maintain power and keep equality at bay they seem to forget some on their team want to kill minorities. They've a history of doing it.
    But let's all get outraged by antifa who have a long long way to go to match...in their fight to irradiate such people. The U.S. is a basket case.

• Advertisement

That's the goal though isn't it? In folks race to maintain power and keep equality at bay they seem to forget some on their team want to kill minorities. They've a history of doing it.
    But let's all get outraged by antifa who have a long long way to go to match...in their fight to irradiate such people. The U.S. is a basket case.
    Did you see the video of guys in MAGA hats harassing an old lady on a walker in a crosswalk? (just kidding, it was Antifa)

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

Did you see the video of guys in MAGA hats harassing an old lady on a walker in a crosswalk? (just kidding, it was Antifa)

How do you know?

Wonder why the video is so short?

20Cent wrote: »
    How do you know?

Wonder why the video is so short?
    How do I know it's Antifa, you ask? Because I'm not a stone cold idiot!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,757 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Are you sure?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Some of your posts would leave that an open question.

But honestly, how are you so sure on this one?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement

Brian? wrote: »

You would have to be an idiot to not know it's Antifa. Let me guess... you don't believe those protesting creeps, dressed in black and wearing masks, blocking an elderly woman with a walker in a crosswalk were Antifa and were actually young rogue boy scouts in Halloween costumes.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,173 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

it validates his preconceived notions so it must be true.

You would have to be an idiot to not know it's Antifa. Let me guess... you don't believe those protesting creeps, dressed in black and wearing masks, blocking an elderly woman with a walker in a crosswalk were Antifa and were actually young rogue boy scouts in Halloween costumes.

what in particular makes you think they are antifa?

what in particular makes you think they are antifa?
    The obvious!

facepalm.png?1450319441

The obvious!

facepalm.png?1450319441

Which is?

The obvious!

facepalm.png?1450319441

you'll have to do a bit better than. what exactly do antifa look like?

what exactly do antifa look like?

hqdefault.jpg

you'll have to do a bit better than. what exactly do antifa look like?
    For those void of common sense it’s not the woman in blue or the elderly gentleman beside her.

img.jpg

For those void of common sense it’s not the woman in blue or the elderly gentleman beside her.

img.jpg

So if you cover your face you are antifa? that is the extent of your insight?

I don’t know if they were Antifa. But I have no reason to believe Antifa would bother an elderly woman with a walker crossing the road. I’d like to know why you think they would.

I assume this is just another case of confirmation bias for you. You believe only new sources that tell you what you want to hear and videos on Twitter that confirm you’re right.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement

img.jpg

The person in the balaclava is clearly in the IRA.

The person with the red bandana is clearly a member of the Bloods.

See, anyone can stereotype by clothing.

I don’t see anything to indicate they’re in Antifa

they/them/theirs

See, anyone can stereotype by clothing.

I don’t see anything to indicate they’re in Antifa

I forgot he person in the middle. Clearly a member of the 00s EMO band My Chemical Romance.

they/them/theirs

Aren't you two precious.

Aren't you two precious.

Am I one of the 2?

I’m widely regarded as a delight in social circumstances. Nice to have it confirmed.

they/them/theirs

Maybe a rogue scout troop?
    Why do you think Antifa would do that?
    Again, some lad in a black hoodie isn't representative of a movement, especially is he's acting contrary to that movement.

I think the lady is with the blue man group.

#freetheprecious2

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 559 ✭✭✭PostWoke

My first thought.

Or I suppose it could be a gard, if there were any homeless to assault in the area.

I see you've cracked this case further than I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

A lot of obtuse posts I see. Who do you all think you're kidding exactly?

Of course these scumbags were Antifa. Who else would be protesting such an event and screaming 'Nazi scum, off our streets' just before they ironically, and violently, behave in a fascistic way?

An Antifa tribute act?

https://twitter.com/BlazeTV/status/1179199442957864960
    https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1178820497041063936

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

A lot of obtuse posts I see. Who do you all think you're kidding exactly?

Of course these scumbags were Antifa. Who else would be protesting such an event and screaming 'Nazi scum, off our streets' just before they ironically, and violently, behave in a fascistic way?

An Antifa tribute act?

https://twitter.com/BlazeTV/status/1179199442957864960
    https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1178820497041063936

I feel sorry for them, the Rohypnol generation. Breathless, frantic and neurotic. It's terrible to see them act out like this, as they are obviously people who are unwell. The various ideologies these people have accepted as inviolable truth from gender theory to the omnipresent existence of Nazis under every bed are quite tragic.
    Having said that I have seen mugshots from time to time of Antifa people who have been arrested and to be honest it looks like quite a number of them may be meth-head hangers-on looking for something to do of an afternoon. The well off Antifa types keep their shrieking mostly confined it seems to the cloisters of well-manicured campuses. The dirty streets are not really for them.

''Antifa Tribute act'' - haha that made me chuckle, good comment, Outlaw Pete.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

img.jpg

You are never going to convince me that you're in the right by carrying on like this. If that was my Mother or Grandmother that these scumbags were bullying they would be picking themselves and their teeth off the pavement.

Card me or ban all you want, but if you support behavior like this then you're a piece of ****.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement